Back to Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing by University of London

This course is for teachers to learn why some children have so much difficulty with reading and writing, often called 'dyslexia', and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific discoveries. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

Aug 03, 2019

I have gained a wealth of information and knowledge that is directly applicable with children with difficulties in reading and writing. The videos were very relevant and the resources valuable.

KM

May 20, 2019

A very comprehensive course that explained the fundamentals of dyslexia, learning, reading, and writing in youth. It built on itself week by week. Work load was fairly light and easy to review.

126 - 150 of 229 Reviews for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

By Susmita G

Jul 11, 2017

Very detailed and well covered topic. Easy to follow and interesting information that can be implemented immediately in the classroom. Recommended for all educators of young children.

By Sarika C

Dec 10, 2017

The course was EXCELLENT! Thank you! Would be GREAT if there could do a follow-up course to this that is more practice-based and has related assessments.

By Lyr W

Mar 02, 2016

challenging but so worth it and learned so much!

By Syed M H

Jun 19, 2017

The course helped me understand the basics of dyslexia and at the same time trained me to help kids dyslexic kids. I am really glad I came across this wonderful course and I am thankful to jenny and vincent for their wonderful instructions. The best part is that I got a job as SEN teacher.

By Ana H

Nov 09, 2017

Loved it!!! complete, inspiring, profound and motivational!!! The professor were excellent, the modality of the course was complete and efficient!!! I really enjoyed it!

By Fran

Feb 16, 2016

A very informative, comprehensive course.

By Shawna H

Feb 10, 2017

This course is wonderful. I have 3 kids with dyslexia. I am learning so much about characteristics, additional difficulties and strategies to support them. I recommend this class to everyone. Make sure you have a notebook you will have a ton of notes. Best Coursera course I have taken as far as information goes.

By Yvonne D

Oct 24, 2016

Really enjoyed the course. The materials were very well presented and well paced.

By Stella C

Oct 15, 2016

Thanks a lot! I do learn a lot from this course, and I'm sure will take more lessons like this.

By Thayalani N G

Jan 28, 2017

it was difficult but when you have decided this is what you need to boost your career, than no matter what you will go through it.

By Silvana M

Dec 10, 2016

As a not native English teacher I encourage you to get into this course. Is extremely complex and accurate. GOOD sources and research material. Excellent educators as well!!!

By Maureen D J

Feb 03, 2017

Amazing course! Clear, structured presentation of material.

By Lim P T

May 24, 2017

I've really learnt a lot. As an educator, there is so much that I can apply to my work and make a greater difference in my students' learning.

By Sharon J

Feb 07, 2018

Very good and useful course

By Michelle B

Jan 03, 2018

Great information for any mainstream classroom or special education teacher. Thanks.

By Erica R

Apr 25, 2018

I found the course to be extremely helpful, interesting and motivating.

By David W

Oct 11, 2016

Excellent structure, resources, information, use of research

By Tammie S

Dec 09, 2016

This was a challenging course that provided helpful information. Well worth the time and effort.

By Nicole G

Oct 16, 2017

I highly recommend this course, especially for teachers. It gives an excellent overview of dyslexia and deepened my understanding of dyslexia. I have a lot of new ideas for use in the classroom that will make lessons more inclusive of dyslexic students but also benefit other students as well.

By C K V

Jul 27, 2017

It is a very good course. It has helped me a lot. thank you so much. Expecting more courses like this.

By Alison B

Mar 26, 2018

Very well organised. Such great theoretical and practical information. I learnt a lot.

By NaomiBarnes

Mar 03, 2018

This course has been fantastic providing detailed information about current understandings of how dyslexic people learn and guidance in identifying indicators of dyslexia. It has given excellent resources and ideas for assisting dyslexic students and has greatly increased my confidence to be able to work successfully in this area.

By Carolina E

Nov 13, 2017

I learned so much through this course. I recommend it to every person who wants to know how to make learning easier to a dyslexic student.

By Monica P

Feb 04, 2017

Excellent course, very well structured, explained and with loads of practical and useful tips.

By Jyoti y

Feb 13, 2018

Excellent course

Clear so many doubts and very helping for teachers like me.thanks a lot.