Back to Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing by University of London

This course is for teachers to learn why some children have so much difficulty with reading and writing, often called 'dyslexia', and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific discoveries. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

JP

Apr 27, 2020

This course gave me some further insights into how children with difficulties in reading and writing think and the processes they go through, along with some further methods to help them achieve.

KM

May 20, 2019

A very comprehensive course that explained the fundamentals of dyslexia, learning, reading, and writing in youth. It built on itself week by week. Work load was fairly light and easy to review.

126 - 150 of 309 Reviews for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

By Lipolelo N M

May 26, 2017

This is was so helpful to me because i have now learned my next approach to courses i will be teaching in the next semester

By Kyratso K

May 28, 2019

I enjoyed the class. Learned proper terminology, techniques for getting started and know how to look for new information.

By Luciano M

Mar 14, 2019

Excellent course with all the necessary to be informed and updated about children difficulties in reading and writing.

By Muneera M

Extremely helpful and well structured.

Found the modules very interesting and applicable while working with children.

By Doaa A H

May 15, 2018

It's very professional and easy to follow up. Some parts are hard and need to listen more than time but very useful.

By Fabiane C M

Apr 08, 2019

This course has really helped me with some practical tools that I have been able to use in my classroom right away.

By Leandro R A

Apr 27, 2017

I have learned so much. I hope I can help some kids around here. Many thanks for teaching us, you both are great.

By Charmaine F

Mar 09, 2020

The course was great .It has given me so much knowledge on the subject in hand ,which I look forward to applying

By Pakiza M

Oct 16, 2015

This course is very important and useful. I learnt a lot for my future experience.

Thanks a lot for coursera! !!

By SR

Aug 29, 2019

Great course to get your feet wet on the subject. They cover the basics and wet your appetite to learn more.

By Kirsten M

May 03, 2020

I learnt a lot through this course and would love to do more on Dyslexia as there is so much more to learn.

By Pooja K

Aug 17, 2017

Very good course content. Covers almost all the areas in a very precise manner. Interesting and helpful.

By Audrey H S L

Dec 28, 2016

A very straight-forward course for those who want to know how to help Dyslexic children in a short time.

By C K V

Jul 27, 2017

It is a very good course. It has helped me a lot. thank you so much. Expecting more courses like this.

By Afshan f

Apr 21, 2019

It was a very good course I loved it and I learned a lot from the course

By Lindsay P

Jun 15, 2017

Great content and instruction. Very encouraged by this inclusive open access learning environment.

By Tammie S

Dec 09, 2016

This was a challenging course that provided helpful information. Well worth the time and effort.

By Gabriella B

May 06, 2020

A very informative and interesting course with practical examples and extensive resources given.

By Sarah P

Dec 16, 2017

Fantastic course. Very well organised and conveys lots of useful, practical advice and informa

By Stella C

Oct 15, 2016

Thanks a lot! I do learn a lot from this course, and I'm sure will take more lessons like this.

By Monica P

Feb 04, 2017

Excellent course, very well structured, explained and with loads of practical and useful tips.

By Alexia V

Jan 01, 2018

Absolutely the best seminar i have ever attented. I am looking formward for my Certificate!

By Alicia S

Apr 01, 2017

It's an excellent way to help our students and to improve our teaching and learning skills.

By Roslinda S

Jun 27, 2016

Done it and got the certificate. I love this. This course will definately help me with job.

By Chong M

Jul 09, 2019

Learned so much about supporting children with dyslexia. Very practical course. Thank you!