Back to Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing by University of London

This course is for teachers to learn why some children have so much difficulty with reading and writing, often called 'dyslexia', and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific discoveries. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

JP
Apr 26, 2020

This course gave me some further insights into how children with difficulties in reading and writing think and the processes they go through, along with some further methods to help them achieve.

KM
May 19, 2019

A very comprehensive course that explained the fundamentals of dyslexia, learning, reading, and writing in youth. It built on itself week by week. Work load was fairly light and easy to review.

151 - 175 of 443 Reviews for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

By Flora

Jul 14, 2020

Genial. Este curso me ha aportado todo lo que esperaba, un mayor conocimiento acerca de esta dificultad en el aprendizaje y cómo lidiar con ella en las escuela día a día.

By Thássia K

Jul 2, 2020

The course was very clarifying for me, I was able to identify in practice many of the aspects studied. It will certainly add a lot to my personal life and for my career.

By Eva T

Mar 5, 2018

A very thorough and useful course. Thank you for all the relevant information and the links to excellent materials, resources and websites! I strongly recommend it!!!

By Leslie B C

Aug 8, 2019

An informative, helpful and insightful course. Useful, enlightening modules supported my ongoing professional development within a brand new Teaching Assistant role

By Evalyn A E

May 7, 2021

Someday If given the opportunity I will teach dyslexia. Dyslexia is an ill for this generation. Hope that my daughter will love the book! How? Read them stories.

By Hanna M

Oct 12, 2017

Interesting lectures. The information is relevant and the examples are very helpful. Offers add and demo of navigation cards.

Thank you very much to the whole team

By Giulia G

May 3, 2020

I approched this course without any knowledge about dyslexia and it has been a valuable resource to get a professional overwiew of the issue. Highly recommended.

By Ana B R G

May 1, 2021

Considero que es un curso muy completo en el que podemos desarollar distintas capacidad y conocer a más profundidad el tema de dificultades para leer y escribir

By Chiagoziem

Oct 15, 2020

This course is very insightful. It covers all aspects of teaching a child. It's a lifelong skill that would make a teacher stand out in the teaching profession.

By J. M

Aug 30, 2020

This was a great course. The only part that could be improved would be to add some new content about the tech available now, as the videos about this are dated.

By Dhanulada I

May 22, 2020

This course has increased much more experience on dyslexia area and useful knowledgable which I would definitely adapt to use as the tools to improve my school.

By Paraskevi G

Aug 7, 2019

What an amazing course ! I learned so many useful and practical things. I will definitely use this knowledge with my students ! Congratulations to all of you !

By Kseniya T

Nov 7, 2016

Extremely useful and inspiring course. Thank you Jenny and Vincent for chance to peep into learner's head. I hope I will help my students to master English.

By Yvonne C

Mar 31, 2021

Very detailed and helpful course. I learnt a lot and I am looking forward to putting some of the skills I learnt into practice with students in my classes.

By Lydia F D

Oct 20, 2020

Very comprehensive and a lot more thorough then I expected - a great elementary, but detailed insight into working with children on the dyslexia spectrum

By Sarika C

Dec 10, 2017

The course was EXCELLENT! Thank you! Would be GREAT if there could do a follow-up course to this that is more practice-based and has related assessments.

By Lauren C

May 27, 2018

Fantastic course for anyone working with children who have reading and spelling difficulties. Very informative and practical, with great resources.

By Namita B

Jul 4, 2017

I found the course extremely informative even for teachers who have been in field for some time. It will definitely change your views of students.

By Michelle W

Jan 25, 2017

I really learnt an incredible amount from Jenny and Vincent! I will review the videos from time to time and use them to help me improve what I do.

By Sara G

Jul 13, 2020

As a teacher training student, this course was very helpful for me. I got many novel tips to support LD children during my classroom instruction.

By Lim P T

May 23, 2017

I've really learnt a lot. As an educator, there is so much that I can apply to my work and make a greater difference in my students' learning.

By Trevor B

Feb 13, 2017

An exceptional course with extremely well thought out information and cleverly laid out modules that guide you through the complex information.

By Natalia P

Jun 12, 2017

Helpful, clear, profound. I highly recommend it to the teachers, tutors, SLPs and parents of children with reading and writing difficulties.

By Eritza

Mar 6, 2019

This was not an easy course but it was well worth the time spent on it. Lot's of really useful and relevant information and well laid out!

By Carolina E

Nov 12, 2017

I learned so much through this course. I recommend it to every person who wants to know how to make learning easier to a dyslexic student.