Back to Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing by University of London

This course is for teachers to learn why some children have so much difficulty with reading and writing, often called 'dyslexia', and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific discoveries. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

Aug 03, 2019

I have gained a wealth of information and knowledge that is directly applicable with children with difficulties in reading and writing. The videos were very relevant and the resources valuable.

KM

May 20, 2019

A very comprehensive course that explained the fundamentals of dyslexia, learning, reading, and writing in youth. It built on itself week by week. Work load was fairly light and easy to review.

151 - 175 of 229 Reviews for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

By Natalia P

Jun 13, 2017

Helpful, clear, profound. I highly recommend it to the teachers, tutors, SLPs and parents of children with reading and writing difficulties.

By Nikoletta V

Jan 25, 2018

Great work with really good teachers! I would definitely recommend it! The assignments helped me understand better the material.

By Hanna M

Oct 12, 2017

Interesting lectures. The information is relevant and the examples are very helpful. Offers add and demo of navigation cards.

Thank you very much to the whole team

By Lauren C

May 27, 2018

Fantastic course for anyone working with children who have reading and spelling difficulties. Very informative and practical, with great resources.

By Dharamkar s

Sep 16, 2016

Informative and intensive course.

By Maricar P S

Nov 21, 2016

Very helpful and informative course. I love it!

By Kathryn S

Apr 25, 2018

I learnt so much on this course! I would recommend ALL teachers take this course.

By Chetana H O

Oct 17, 2017

The course is well structured and very informative. It helps to actually understand about dyslexia and the informal assessment.

By Jennifer W

Oct 15, 2017

very insightful and useful.

By Eva T

Mar 06, 2018

A very thorough and useful course. Thank you for all the relevant information and the links to excellent materials, resources and websites! I strongly recommend it!!!

By Rahma A N

Apr 11, 2018

An amazing course! I have learned a great deal and looking forward put it in action.

By nur s

May 28, 2017

Great course!!

By Lara P d C

May 25, 2017

Excellent course, with highly relevant content and great teachers. Good balance between theory, practical examples and exercises. Now that I've just finished, I feel like starting it again.

By Babita B

Nov 10, 2017

It was a wonderful experience to learn this course in a well systematic way.I am thankful to all who have taken efforts to make this course efficient enough to the learner.Last but not least to the peer groups , without them the active forum would have not been effective .

I would once again like to thanks the course providers and team for their well planned and structured content.Thanks !!!!!!!!!!

By Kim H

Apr 01, 2018

A very useful course. I found it challenging, well presented and practical. I have already begun to implement some of the ideas on the course with my students who have reading difficulties. A wealth of information was provided. I will be going back over my notes and referring to the detailed resources provided.

Thanks

By Heather L

Jun 25, 2018

Enjoyable and informative

By Anna P

Nov 12, 2017

I have really enjoyed this course and have found it extremely useful in terms of my professional development. I have learnt such a lot in only 6 weeks and now feel much more confident and better equipped skill wise to support pupils with reading and writing difficulties.

By Elizabeth c

r

s

By Afshan f

Apr 21, 2019

It was a very good course I loved it and I learned a lot from the course

By pawan

Mar 25, 2019

i have not yet received the certificate for the same.

By Fabiane C M

Apr 08, 2019

This course has really helped me with some practical tools that I have been able to use in my classroom right away.

By Margarete D P

May 14, 2019

I loved this course! I feel completely capable of helping children and even adults with severe reading (and writing) difficulties! There is plenty of material, pleasant video lectures, respectful staff... and I had help through foruns, where I could exchange experiences with colleagues. And it´s important to say that tests are not so easy as someone would think of an online course! Congratulations to the professors and to the platform!

By Karen R

May 25, 2019

This course was comprehensive, concise and informative. Each week's material helped to develop my understanding of what my current students are dealing with! Although I struggled at the start, Jenny and Vincent are great instructors and present their knowledge well. I also appreciated the support I got from the course mentors and all of the other course participants. Thank you so much for providing this course online - I feel confident in the skills I have learned, and now have the tools and technology to better equip my students as they move through their academic career.

By Neelam P

May 26, 2019

Excellent course that really guides the learner through the complexities of reading and writing. Highly recommended for anybody supporting children who are struggling with reading and writing.

By Kyratso K

May 28, 2019

I enjoyed the class. Learned proper terminology, techniques for getting started and know how to look for new information.