Back to Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing by University of London

This course is for teachers to learn why some children have so much difficulty with reading and writing, often called 'dyslexia', and to learn more about best practice in teaching literacy to all in light of recent scientific discoveries. Participation in or completion of this online course will not confer academic credit for University of London programmes...

KM

May 20, 2019

A very comprehensive course that explained the fundamentals of dyslexia, learning, reading, and writing in youth. It built on itself week by week. Work load was fairly light and easy to review.

Aug 03, 2019

I have gained a wealth of information and knowledge that is directly applicable with children with difficulties in reading and writing. The videos were very relevant and the resources valuable.

176 - 200 of 233 Reviews for Supporting children with difficulties in reading and writing

By Tamerat A

Jun 17, 2019

excellent!!

By Kathleen S

Jun 26, 2019

There is a lot of good information on various ways that dyslexia affects learning, and how to attend to the needs of different learners.

By Gloria M D D

Jul 06, 2019

Very informative for me. It was practical and provided helpful tips for teaching children with difficulties in reading and writing.

By Chong M

Jul 09, 2019

Learned so much about supporting children with dyslexia. Very practical course. Thank you!

By Breyner J N

Jul 09, 2019

Thanks to this course I rediscovered the passion for my teaching career

By Mhairi W

Jul 08, 2019

This course was incredibly interesting. I LOVE that it explain how we learn to read and built my understanding on a great foundation of how and why before jumping forward to how we support learners. I thoroughly enjoyed this course and I would recommend it to anyone. As an FSL teacher, I will be able to build a solid program for my students and apply a lot of what I learned in this course, because of my understanding of how language is acquired and learned. Thank you!!!

By Sanali

Aug 03, 2019

By Paraskevi G

Aug 07, 2019

What an amazing course ! I learned so many useful and practical things. I will definitely use this knowledge with my students ! Congratulations to all of you !

By Leslie B C

Aug 09, 2019

An informative, helpful and insightful course. Useful, enlightening modules supported my ongoing professional development within a brand new Teaching Assistant role

By Maria C R

Aug 20, 2019

Very helpful and educational, especially if you are working with children or if you have children yourself. The course will provide you with the necessary tools to help support your children if you notice that they have difficulties in reading and writing.

By Kizzy V K

Sep 17, 2019

I learnt quite a lot! I am able to implement multi-sensory techniques in my Foreign language classroom. This course has opened my eyes to the difficulties struggling learners face and has given me tools to start helping them.

By Pia v d B

Sep 01, 2019

I have learnt a lot, very clear and up to date information that every person working with children with dyslexia sholud know. I have gained a lot of knoweldge, great examples and techinques. fI eel that I understand better everything related to dyslexia. Thanks for sharing all this information and to have it available worldwide.

By SR

Aug 29, 2019

Great course to get your feet wet on the subject. They cover the basics and wet your appetite to learn more.

By Johanna R

Aug 31, 2019

J'ai appris beacoup..Il a été une éxperience super. Un cours très interesant qui nous a donnée plusiers information et material à lire.

By Antoinette M

Sep 03, 2019

Fantastic course! I learnt so much.

By Julia G

Sep 25, 2019

Extremely informative!

By Adryne F S M

Sep 28, 2019

Super interessante para profissionais da Educação. O curso te ensina o que é dislexia e como podemos ajudar/ alfabetizar os alunos com essa dificuldade. Adorei e super indico.

By Attia H

Oct 06, 2019

An excellent course that introduces you to Dylexia. It teaches the many principles and teaching strategies to support dyslexic students. It underpinned the practical experience I already had working in special education needs. Thank you

By John F

Jan 05, 2019

Overall I greatly enjoyed the content of the course and got a lot out of the videos, readings and resources included. I did feel that the final exam did not feature enough questions pertaining to the main focus of the course including signs of dyslexia, strategies to assist students with dyslexia and terminology. Also the two assessment tasks did not have a clear marking criteria so in both cases we were required to include specific terminology or a specific element of the course content that we were never explicitly told to use in the assessment and thus students marks suffered for not including these specifics. Thank you overall for a very engaging course. I truly feel that I am now ready to apply the strategies learnt in this course in the classroom to the benefit of my students.

By Judy P

Dec 29, 2018

An OK course.

I felt that the material could have been presented in a less dry and more interesting manner. One of the professor's English was hard to understand and at times not so clear.

I did like that one can follow along as the professors presented and that one can download transcripts of what they said.

The information on technology interventions for dyslexia was interesting and informative.

By Basma S

Oct 09, 2018

it was a challenging course it has a lot to be covered it has a lot of information that can help us as educator to improve our teaching skills and how to improve our one to one when we work with SEN(DYSLEXIA ) in learning .

By Kirsty M H

Aug 19, 2018

The course content is excellent. I learned a lot. However, I found the marking for the peer reviews to be poor. It was very easy for people not to make much effort and to pass. This was disappointing as someone who really made the most of the course and put a lot of effort into it.

By Ellen J

Oct 31, 2018

Beneficial to read about and view videos demonstrating techniques to use with dyslexic children. Would appreciate additional information supporting struggling students who are older, beyond elementary school.

By Katie S

Nov 01, 2018

I don't think that some questions are relevant to the week. There could be more questions added to review more material of the course. However, I really did enjoy the course.