Back to Establishing a Professional ‘Self’ through Effective Intercultural Communication

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Establishing a Professional ‘Self’ through Effective Intercultural Communication by National University of Singapore

In the course ‘Establishing a professional ‘self’ through effective intercultural communication’, you will learn how to communicate effectively to establish relationships with colleagues in a culturally and linguistically diverse community and workplace. As language reflects cultures, we begin the course by highlighting the need to take into considerations cultural values when we communicate in a multicultural community and workplace. We then move on to discuss some effective communication skills required to build relationships with colleagues in a globalised workplace. You will learn to adopt appropriate intrapersonal and interpersonal, verbal and nonverbal, communicative strategies to present information based on the 7 communication principles. Finally, you will learn to build your personal profile and appropriately align yourself in a globalised workplace....

JH
Mar 30, 2021

This course enlightens me and at the same helped me shaped the way I communicate with other people. Their modules may be a lot but it is worth learning so much from this :)

DI
Feb 3, 2021

The course has increased my confidence and my persuasion skills.Has a lot of good students in this course and made many friends.Very manageable course.It is also fun.

26 - 50 of 54 Reviews for Establishing a Professional ‘Self’ through Effective Intercultural Communication

By Winston A W

Jul 12, 2017

great

By Айгуль К

Nov 19, 2020

Thanks much for the professors of the given course. I refreshed some of my knowledge on professional image at workplace, and more importantly, about the communication at intercultural level. I have over 10 years of professional experience, and some examples or senarios are similar in my community, moreover, I worked for UN the last years and I quite often meet these kinds of scenarios at workplace. I need to preform professionally. I believe that given course will benefit for my future career advance. Thanks a lot.

By Francisco J E

Mar 24, 2021

I liked this course because it works on the aspects between learning/listening, individualism vs. collectivism, working on communication in a formal and educated way, this applied to a multicultural environment which I consider important in the current situation in Mexico where we are already working with different companies and cultures.

By paresa p

Jul 31, 2021

I recommend this course. It is very informational and gives a lot of information based on anthropological and cultural study. You will not just understand how to communicate better, but you will know why and what the emotional importance is.

By MA. V R D L

Jul 23, 2021

This course helps me a lot most especially in improving my intercultural communication. It is important especially to me, how I am going to present myself in the world especially a teacher will always be teacher wherever he/she goes.

By Basudeb K P

Jul 14, 2021

I have learnt a lot of things new. Heartfelt thanks to National University of Singapore for giving me to be their student.

By NAOMI N N

Dec 1, 2020

This was a very great course and full of information I needed. I confess that this is helping me in advancing my career.

By Raffaele P

Dec 9, 2020

A course capable of highlighting details that otherwise I would not have considered.

By AHMED Z

Nov 23, 2020

very useful for my career , and i will start to apply soon in my current job

By Saw J T

Dec 16, 2020

Great Course, easy to understand, the stories are perfect! Thanks

By BENBIRAT O

Sep 5, 2021

That was so helpful. Than you so much

By TUSHAR R

Oct 4, 2020

bbhbgcdeygyrrsrfydraqwertdfy

By abdulla a

Dec 14, 2020

perfect, thank you so much.

By Maung N I

May 25, 2016

SUPER

By Gayathri T

May 24, 2019

good

By Darshna S

Sep 4, 2020

The course is designed in perfect manner, videos are well organized . We can even save the notes to refer them at later stage whenever we want to. This course has taught various insights of communication and I found it very useful in my day to day life .. This course has helped me alot in written communication too.

I look forward to complete the other courses in this specialisation.

By Tống H P

Aug 1, 2019

Although there are some problems related to the 7Cs video in Week 2 category in terms of content and exercise, in general, I have acquired a great deal of specialized knowledge in communication throughout the course, which I really appreciate.