Back to Leadership and Emotional Intelligence

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Leadership and Emotional Intelligence by Indian School of Business

The digital age is dramatically reshaping the rules for organizational success. The new context demands renewal of your capabilities and development of different mindsets. In this course, you’ll learn the different components of emotional intelligence at work. For example, you’ll learn how you can work effectively in teams, build cooperative relationships with your key stakeholders, exercise effective influence, handle difficult conversations, and create energy and enthusiasm to foster meaningful change. Our modules will begin with powerful stories that are illustrative of typical challenges faced by front-line leaders. We’ll analyze the case illustration using the ideas from emotional intelligence theory, and highlight the key lessons that you should take away in terms of mindsets and skills that you should master to distinguish yourself as a leader....

SK

Sep 14, 2019

Very insightful training for a mid senior level employee who is aspiring to be a leader in future. Also emotional intelligence helps to manage day to day operations. Many thanks to the trainer

CE

Jul 29, 2018

Was a really great course to understand the mechanics of effective leadership through emotional challenges. I can apply everything I learned here to both my career and personal life. Awesome!

1 - 25 of 99 Reviews for Leadership and Emotional Intelligence

By Sudershan K

Jul 28, 2019

it a wonderful course to undrstand change management.

By Aditya R

Aug 03, 2019

Too much jargon in my opinion. The video medium has not been utilised properly. I learned much more during my HR course in MBA, where we used games, role plays, instances from films/books, and examples outside the corporate world to drive home the point. This course reminded me of the conventional method of teaching where you strictly stick to frameworks and bullet points, and try to learn them by heart. What actually helped were the interviews, esp the one on negotiation. Also, I did sleep off at places because the lecture got so boring ( i thought that was restricted to college days)

By SHIVAM M

Jul 08, 2018

One of the finest course i have taken on Coursera. Simple, crisp,to the point with valuable real life case studies in almost all the videos along with various theory models. Topic seen from various angles help in understanding holistically. Every week we get to see interview with business leaders managing big responsibilities. This course is highly recommended for people in leadership role and people who aspire to be in one day. Thank you ISB for the great learning.

By Karthik S

Jan 21, 2019

Excellent course with actionable insights . the course radiates with the middle , senior level leaderships needs on areas of relationship builder , change agent and develop listening (Active) skills.

The talk by Prabir Jha was excellent , examples & ILLUSTRATIONS by Prof Ram was stupendous. I really liked and started to implement some of the key concepts into my everyday living and also asked couple of my Friends to take this up.

Thanks

Karthik

By AKOWUAH D O

Jul 27, 2018

I used to tell myself I will always get what i want by hook or crook, but i did not know what type of strategy or technique i was using and i did not care about the other party's feelings afterwards. But now ive learnt that for the sake of the future, i need to ensure that, in pushing through my agenda, i must make sure the other party buy into to it willing and this i can do by confidently putting across

By dario d n

Feb 13, 2018

This course is really well done. An overview of the main techniques of emotional inteligence applied to management. In a context where you are asking for great performances and you are always on the run, you are provided with really important tips and techniques to improve yourself and to improve the work environment, making it more productive and jovial.

By Rubén G M

Mar 27, 2020

Good course. Ideas are transmitted with clearity, in a very didactic way with enough examples.

I would say it is a mandatory introduction to each who is helding or willig to held leadership positions in his/her organization.

I will recommend this course people interested in this area, even as a reference in my work team.

Thank you ISB for this material!

By Astrid G

Aug 20, 2019

Great course. It gives a really strong basis of the leadership aspects and frameworks. I particularly liked the concrete examples given and the interviews to speakers. It was great to be able to relate to work and every day life experiences. I have learnt things that I am already starting to apply everyday.

By Ruba A W

Sep 02, 2019

It took me a while to get into this course mentally, but when i did i found it to be very educational, practical & inspiring. thank you prof.

Suggestion: please lower the volume of the start/end theme music, or increase the volume of the lectures.

By Navjyot S

Mar 28, 2020

This Course is most requirement for most of the Managers working in Manufacturing Industries atleast in India, this course has changed by View completely on what exactly A Leader & Leadership means! Thanks Coursera for this Enlightening Course.

By OE

Jan 21, 2018

I was enjoying the course, everything is to the point and still not overloaded. Easy to digest and Very practical. Thanks to the course creators and of course to the Professor who is a good presenter making passing the course a pleasure

By Ajay M

Jun 21, 2019

It is one of the most impactful courses that I have done online. I liked the construct of the program and the flow. Very useful and a must for the frontline managers going through their leadership passage.

By Sridhar K

Sep 14, 2019

By Christina E

Jul 29, 2018

By Siphiwe G B

Nov 26, 2017

A Course to prepare an individual to become a Leader of the Future......I didn't know the skills required to become a leader. Now I'm in a problem to do the right thing, the correct way.

By Parthasarathy N

Mar 15, 2020

simple, beautiful, articulate, lots of pictures to drive the point, tables bring a lot of organizing and clarity, needs time for a student to fully appreciate the course content.

By SaiPrudhvi I

Nov 18, 2019

Very good course for a new leader to grow forward in organisational ladder and to achieve success. Clearly explains why failure happens and what are the reasons to avoid it.

By Puranjay M

Jul 30, 2017

One of the best courses I have undertaken on Coursera, I think it one of essential courses any new employee in an organization should undergo to be effective in their job.

By Mayank s

Nov 15, 2019

Very concise and great course for development of leadership in young professionals and students. Helps understand the greater soft skills needed to be successful in life.

By Ganapathi K

Apr 22, 2019

It has given many insights on how to deal and made me realize the mistakes which i used to do in day to day life.

Thank you sir providing such a wonderful training content

By Sachin N

Dec 23, 2019

Probably one of the best courses I have taken on Coursera. The Presenter was fantastic and I believe I have learned quite a bit that will enhance my career . Thank you!

By Pranab K

Mar 28, 2019

Excellent Course. Extremely relevant, very insightful and comprehensive. Covers a lot of stuff on change management as well. Really learnt a lot through this.

By Uzma G

Sep 23, 2019

It help me a lot to enhance my leadership skills and emotional intelligence .Coursera is a great plat farm for every learner. Trainer is also mind blowing.

By Mohammed S K

Sep 16, 2018

one of "THE BEST" course I have ever taken online. ISB is truly the HARVARD of India. Thanks to the team of ISB for polishing my leadership qualities.

By Pankaj G

Nov 30, 2018

One of the best course I have been through in last 3 years. Prof. Ram's knowledge and clarity on each subject is truly remarkable. BIG Thank you!