Back to Energy 101: The Big Picture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Energy 101: The Big Picture by Georgia Institute of Technology

4.3

As a society and individually, we use energy every moment of our lives to improve our quality of life. Energy 101 will develop the big picture and connect the details of our energy use, technology, infrastructure, impact, and future....

VN

Feb 28, 2019

This is an amazing course which offers a deep insight to the economics of the energy sector as well as the future sustainability of it. Thank you so much for offering this course

SB

Oct 03, 2015

This course is great! It is truly a perfect introduction to how the world acquires its energy sources and how the real impacts, social, economic and environmental, affect us.

26 - 50 of 132 Reviews for Energy 101: The Big Picture

By Ruiter R M d N

Dec 28, 2016

bom curso, excelente material.

By Baissougoul

Apr 09, 2018

Thanks for this course is a very important for me

By Richard H

Apr 09, 2018

Superb, I like the instructor very much. Well done.

By Yasiru R

Mar 02, 2017

(y)

By kartik m

Oct 13, 2016

Got to learn many new things. I would recommend this as a must for an aspiring energy engineer.

By Kenny W Y W

Feb 05, 2016

Excellent course presented by Dr. Shelton, who provided the facts and the energy situation on 2013. For me was very informative and I am hoping that he can have the time and opportunity to present an updated course with the current energy market situation.

By Samuel H

Nov 11, 2017

Excellent presentation of materials and unbiased approach to energy systems.

By Gessika M

Jul 19, 2017

This is a course that really helps to understand energy system and issues in the US. I recommend to those interested in US energy market.

By mohamed f

Feb 04, 2016

it's a good course actually for overview about energy but not for specialization

By Sreebalakumar

Feb 03, 2018

Good course to understand the energy need and actual usage and perception of the energy and economy. Thank you Professor for the basics Energy 101

By Muhammad A K

Sep 29, 2015

The course content is very well organized. Every aspect of the topic has been covered with emphasis on the important factors.

Oct 09, 2015

Great information for anyone who is not knowledgeable in Energy and P

By Sourish S S

May 07, 2017

Although the course was basic, still there is a lot to learn from it. We all tend to skip things which we feel are very minor and won't be of much significance. But sometimes these minor things are what you need to understand a subject from the core. This course surely helped me understand the US's energy structure and in general a very knowledgeable course.

By Andrew K

Mar 26, 2018

Great course for introduction to energy technology and policy issues!

By Stephen L

Aug 13, 2016

very good

By Tari L

Jun 17, 2017

A very comprehensive overview of energy system. It provides a good basis for the students to choose further specialized topics to learn.

By milal y

Nov 22, 2016

v

By Blaise P

Jun 24, 2017

excellent!!

By B K K

May 04, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed Dr. Sam Shelton lecture on ENERGY 101:the big picture, he has pointed out the insight observations of each topic & addressed the burning problems that the world is facing on energy crises and also provided ideas to work over for energy management.

I also thank coursera & Georgia Institute of Technology for the kind of benifits that they had provided me in this course to the best of my understanding.

Looking forward to grow along with you.

By Simin M

Feb 22, 2016

A great course! I definitely recommend taking it to whoever is concerned about energy independence and climate change. Professor Shelton gives a solid overview of the facts that one needs to know to better compare current technologies and the emerg

By Rafael A

Mar 14, 2017

I like this course very much, it is simple but very illustrative.

By Nancy W

Nov 03, 2017

Course seems to be pitched to motivated high school students. Instructor gave often detailed explanations that would appeal to non technical students, but well motivated. Quizzes did not challenge. Mostly useful, very practical approach. The course itself is not the sort one could recommend easily to a friend who was not really interested in the area. It would be one for someone who had expressed interest, As a west coast Canadian, I really appreciated his attitude to the tar sands. We have another pipeline to shut down right now, that would ship dilbit to East Asia.

By 'Lanre F