Back to Energy 101: The Big Picture

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Energy 101: The Big Picture by Georgia Institute of Technology

4.3

As a society and individually, we use energy every moment of our lives to improve our quality of life. Energy 101 will develop the big picture and connect the details of our energy use, technology, infrastructure, impact, and future....

VN

Feb 28, 2019

This is an amazing course which offers a deep insight to the economics of the energy sector as well as the future sustainability of it. Thank you so much for offering this course

SB

Oct 03, 2015

This course is great! It is truly a perfect introduction to how the world acquires its energy sources and how the real impacts, social, economic and environmental, affect us.

51 - 75 of 134 Reviews for Energy 101: The Big Picture

By Gabriel L

Aug 13, 2019

This is a great intro course into Energy. No mater what we do in life; we all require energy to get things done. It's great to understand where energy comes from; along with the technologies that are being used to gather and distribute energy across our grid. Very interesting and well taught course.

By Khuzama W

Aug 18, 2019

Great one, I've learned a lot about renewables and their usage, energy not just in the US has to be improved, be more efficient and environment-friendly.

By Kenny W Y W

Feb 05, 2016

Excellent course presented by Dr. Shelton, who provided the facts and the energy situation on 2013. For me was very informative and I am hoping that he can have the time and opportunity to present an updated course with the current energy market situation.

By Peter E

Nov 20, 2019

This course was quite helpful. In futher cemented my understanding of concepts I knew before, and I learnt quite a number of new things. Even though it was done some few years back, the Prof. did a very good job.

By Veronica P

Aug 10, 2019

Great course if you're looking for a primer on how energy is produced and consumed in the U.S and how that ties in with policy and economics.

By SIDDHARTH K

Apr 30, 2019

GREAT COURSE!!

By Derek R

Aug 22, 2015

So far, the course is quite interesting. Also, since I am a 1968 graduate of Georgia Tech in Mechanical Engineering (now retired), I am very pleased to reconnect with Georgia Tech through this course. I worked in the Canadian nuclear industry (nuclear power plant design and supply) during my working career, so a course about the various forms of energy is of great interest to me.

By Silvio N d S

Sep 02, 2019

Fantastic

By Dan D

Sep 12, 2015

Excellent non-biased course, I reviewed it on my tablet and now going back through it again on my desktop!

By Dai Q

Jun 26, 2016

It is a great course about a big picture of energy.

By Simin M

Feb 22, 2016

A great course! I definitely recommend taking it to whoever is concerned about energy independence and climate change. Professor Shelton gives a solid overview of the facts that one needs to know to better compare current technologies and the emerg

By Richard H

Apr 09, 2018

Superb, I like the instructor very much. Well done.

By Doc D

Feb 09, 2019

A really informative course that opens the eyes of the laymen to the complex issues surrounding US Energy dependence and by implication the rest of the world.

Can there ever be a balance in free-market society between preserving the planet while satisfying mankind's energy demands? Who knows.

By SAI P N

Oct 13, 2018

I'm interested in the Energy sector. There fore, I came to know that this course will meet my requirements in learning the relative concepts of the Energy systems/management and other aspects of energy. Through this , I learned a lot regarding the energy systems through various perspectives i.e. mechanical, electrical, public policy and management and others. I loved the content presented in the course and explaining the real time situations and solving the case studies , seems to be a reasonable approach in solving. I thank the instructors and coursera for giving me this valuale oppurtunity. Thank you very Much.

By kartik m

Oct 13, 2016

Got to learn many new things. I would recommend this as a must for an aspiring energy engineer.

By Gilmara A

Nov 12, 2018

Great introduction course to Energy specially in the USA.

By Randy E

Aug 21, 2018

A very good overview of a complex and important topic.

By Mauricio U M

Jan 17, 2016

Excellent course! Dr. Shelton is an excellent instructor and the content is very insightful.

By satya p

Oct 19, 2015

It's great course. Give you broader picture of energy world. I would like to have a follow up course with focus on solar and wind energy.

By Azeem U B J

Dec 22, 2018

Nice introductory course on energy and its importance in modern life. One can not live without energy in 21st century and with that comes great consumption demand for energy. Knowing how demand would increase and what measures to take to ensure meeting those demand is very important. The course is US specific but every informative and gives a broader overview.

By Oommen A

Mar 22, 2019

Very informative and the multiple quizzes help refine your learning experience.

By Jose L M M

Mar 22, 2019

Good introductory course!

By Zulfiqar A

Nov 03, 2018

Very basic course, for someone like me.

Recommended for those who want to delve into statistics of energy usage in Unites States.

By Gerardo H

Apr 28, 2016

Very good course and complete... Best Regards,

By BEN A

Nov 15, 2016

It was a good course in spite the fact that it was all about the situation of energy in us.

Very good