Back to Content Strategy for Professionals: Engaging Audiences

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Content Strategy for Professionals: Engaging Audiences by Northwestern University

In this course, professionals at all levels of an organization will learn the best ways to engage an audience they want and need by smartly implementing their important, strategic stories and information and by using proven tools and techniques to enhance an audience’s experiences and interest. Content Strategy is a conversation that provides thought-leadership. It starts a “conversation” with users and stakeholders inside and outside an organization. Conversations are the natural way people think about complex issues. Conversations also enable people to develop “stories,” which lead to understanding and helpful mental pictures. Content Strategy practitioners are at all levels of the best enterprises – in all departments and sectors from the top leader to the newcomer in the ranks. In this complex information age, forward-thinking employees know that if they and their organizations are to thrive, they need to go beyond their job descriptions. They must master the most demanding communications frontier – creating engaging, strategic, honest stories and information that is valued by their most important audiences. In turn that will make their enterprise stand out. Regardless of their area of work, position or expertise, Content Strategy practitioners know how to use words, pictures, video, and social and mobile media to interact with their most important constituents with trustable, actionable information that the audience values and will use. The strategic content they produce enhances the user’s lives and deepens their understanding and engagement with the organization. Guest lecturers in this course include: -- Rachel Davis Mersey, Associate Professor, Medill, Northwestern -- Ed Malthouse, Theodore R. and Annie Laurie Sills Professor of Integrated Marketing Communications, Medill, Northwestern -- Bobby Calder, Charles H. Kellstadt Professor of Marketing & Director of the Center for Cultural Marketing, Kellogg, Northwestern -- Steven Duke, Associate Professor, Medill, Northwestern -- Janice Castro, Assistant Professor Emerita, Medill, Nothwestern...

SH

Sep 15, 2018

Very informative! Various concepts were highlighted to help me design increasingly engaging content for my readers. Will recommend it to everyone seeking to enhance their content strategy skills.

AS

Dec 18, 2018

I juts loved this course, it really helped me in understanding about content strategy and assessing the needs of the audience. I am really looking forward to learn next four courses too soon.

51 - 75 of 81 Reviews for Content Strategy for Professionals: Engaging Audiences

By Adina R

Jun 14, 2017

I learned a lot of useful information in this course. It helped me come up with creative new ideas that I can bring back to my current organization.

By ahmad z

Sep 16, 2016

really great for practicing in biz, I am in middle of creating a slimming solution and I really love people, to help them be healthy and beautiful easy way, I use this course material in creation of my new biz.

By Rishi A

Nov 11, 2016

An insightful course that helps a Content professional to relate to the audience effectively, create a persona and then build a strategy to meet their needs.

By Tonya K

Apr 04, 2018

Great insightful information

By Siddhant M

May 17, 2018

The examples really made this course amazing.

By Andrew T

Feb 17, 2018

Specific, practical, clear and concise course.

By Jayant M

May 28, 2019

A $50,000 degree in Content Strategy distilled down to 9 hours of study.

By oladepo o I

Jun 03, 2019

Very Insightful.

By Ahmad R

Jun 07, 2019

The best course I have had on content strategy

By Jennifer H

Jul 30, 2019

Quality instruction via video, good assignments.

By James-Anthony G

Aug 14, 2019

Randy and the team are brilliant. I am redoing this entire specialization to remain engaged with the content. Great work Randy and Northwestern!

By Brian M

Nov 04, 2017

good content, lets try take it for a spin in the real world. Thanks

By Lina R V

May 03, 2017

I really appreciate that the instructors have strong journalistic backgrounds—truly helpful for impactful writing!

By Christopher A

Nov 30, 2017

I would have preferred more reading material and that the readings were less related to journalism and more related to general business. I would also have liked presentation slides to support the "talking heads" presenting the material. I received a grade for the completion of the course. I have no idea how that grade was determined as I did not receive any feedback on the concluding ShenShi case study, the feedback I provided others, or the other "deliverables." Finally, the second course in this specialization doesn't start for more than two weeks after concluding the first course. This seems like an excessive amount of time--especially since LinkedIn is billing me for that down-time.

By Jenny G

May 13, 2018

This course flows nicely and is easy, but interesting, to follow. I recommend it for anyone who is getting started in marketing or needs a refresher. It's also helpful to have access to their resources.

By Diego S

Feb 16, 2018

I wish they'd have a higher level of interactivity because sometimes it gets quite boring. Great info, but they present it in a dull way sometimes.

By Saradwati C

Aug 09, 2017

I loved the course. It will give a very good start to someone who wants to learn the basics of Content Strategy and its application.

However, I just have two feedbacks to give:

Firstly, I would have preferred to have the Case Study in the third week instead of the second. Trying to complete the Case Study without completing the last few topics did not make sense to me because there were actually questions on content voice and tone in the Case Study, which were topics from week 3.

Secondly, there was some issue in the course assessment. In Part B it says: 'Write or create...', which means we could either write or upload a file for this section. So many of us, including me, just wrote the content instead of uploading a file. But when peer reviewing, I figured out that the written content and the file upload had to be separately reviewed and marked for completion, which was very unfair. Though I got 100% weightage but a lot of us taking the course had got less than 100% weightage because of this confusion. The worst part was there was no way to resolve it before getting the final weightage.

Please check and rectify this for future students.

Thanking You

Saradwati Chatterjee

By Christine O

Aug 13, 2017

John Lavine was interesting and a good speaker. Some of the other professors were not as engaging. I was distracted by the weird video editing that cut away at odd time. I felt the reading were very dated. However, I do feel I learned quite a lot.

By Shekhar T

Aug 14, 2016

Its nice course to begin with Content..

By John W

Feb 19, 2017

Great advice o writing best practices. Done with humor and memorable quotes.

By Gislena

Jan 26, 2017

Very well explained and easy to follow.

Learnt a lot from this course

By Mary G

Dec 02, 2016

I learned that content strategy is a marketing plan with content, not just the content alone. It is a great course.

By Fran H

Sep 11, 2016

Content was fantastic, however delivery was quite dull, two talking heads and chapters from a helpful, but rather dry book. The best part was the assignment. Could be spruced up with some printable versions of the text screens, or even better, a workbook to use in figuring out how to use this at home.

By Neil M

May 31, 2019

Assignment was due in Week 2 of a 3-week course, which was odd. But the content was great.

By vinodkumar

Dec 11, 2018

It give basic idea and best examples.