Back to Introduction to Enumerative Combinatorics

Introduction to Enumerative Combinatorics, National Research University Higher School of Economics

About this Course

Enumerative combinatorics deals with finite sets and their cardinalities. In other words, a typical problem of enumerative combinatorics is to find the number of ways a certain pattern can be formed. In the first part of our course we will be dealing with elementary combinatorial objects and notions: permutations, combinations, compositions, Fibonacci and Catalan numbers etc. In the second part of the course we introduce the notion of generating functions and use it to study recurrence relations and partition numbers. The course is mostly self-contained. However, some acquaintance with basic linear algebra and analysis (including Taylor series expansion) may be very helpful....

By RA

Mar 30, 2018

Excellent selection of material and presentation; TAs were of great help as well. The techniques taught in this course will be a nice addition to my algorithms analysis toolbox.

By RR

Aug 22, 2017

Great lectures and content. I really enjoyed it. However, the solutions exercises could be clearer and in more detail. Thank you!

20 Reviews

By Агамов Раджаб Эльдар оглы

Sep 13, 2018

Есть баги в тестах (неделья 6 задача 4)

By Dmitrii Smorchkov

by far the best math course I had (and I've taken many) on coursera

By David Angel Iglesias Tinoco

Aug 28, 2017

I enjoyed the course.

The lecturer was very good and the material quite interesting.

I feel that the assignments where sometimes very different compared to the material covered but I ended up doing extra research and learning more which is good!

Many thanks to the Coursera Staff as well as the Higher School of Economics.

By Ritvik Radhakrishnan

Aug 22, 2017

By zhen wang

Jul 28, 2017

The content is really interesting. but the presentation could be improved.

but thanks for such content

By Dmitrij Moreinis

Jul 15, 2017

The Quality of this Course is very bad! The Person who created this course is not involved anymore! There are "Mentors" to support the Course. They dont even know how to write in latex. No Solution, no transcripts! Compared with Modern Combinatorics this one star max!

By Ze Miranda

Jun 20, 2017

Excelente course with real university level of concepts and exercises!