Back to Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks by University of Pittsburgh

What can we do to prevent outbreaks of infectious diseases from becoming epidemics or pandemic? In this course, you’ll learn the facts about infectious diseases and medical responses. We'll focus on the public health laws and policies that provide the framework for effective prevention, like quarantine laws, drug development policies, and bioterrorism and biodefense....

MS
Apr 15, 2020

It was an extremely informational and interesting course, especially in the times of COVID-19. It helped me better understand what is happening in the world today regarding to pandemics and epidemics.

I
Apr 22, 2020

This course is very enlightening, and educative. The teachers break down each concept for easy assimilation. It's an important course all health related professionals need and I recommend it strongly.

1 - 25 of 490 Reviews for Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks

By Martijn v d V

Apr 5, 2020

Good primer on Epidemics/Pandemics, but only from a US perspective, with only examples of US law and US policies. Pandemics are international and so should this course be. It's also rather short.

By Rachel

Apr 15, 2020

The first two weeks were great as a primer for the subject. A. Adalja in particular conveyed great enthusiasm for the subject, and I found those lectures the most interesting and memorable. Weeks 3 and 4 primarily focused on policy and law in the USA which, not being from the states, I found rather tedious and of little use. Some more general themes could be extracted for application internationally, but on the whole it was the ins-and-outs of state/federal/whatever responses to outbreaks.

By Chantal D D

Apr 7, 2020

Well done! Very pleased with course materials, covered a wealth of intermingling issues. I learned a lot and reminded me of why I chose the Public Health discipline. Highly recommend this course!

By Ihebenachi C

Apr 23, 2020

By Cody K

May 13, 2018

Good course, not that in depth, and much shorter than any actual university course on the subject

By Pamela A

Apr 7, 2020

I expected this course to be educational about pandemics and public health outcomes. The first two weeks were good, but the week on law was an epic disappointment - only 3-4 minutes of video lecture, and a complicated, confusing quiz on things that weren't covered. Also, the whole course served as a PSA for vaccines - definitely not helpful to me in building my skills/education level.

By Dr P J

nice at this time of COVID19 time learned the useful information

By Morgan S

Apr 16, 2020

By Sophia J

Nov 22, 2015

Very nice course. It is a pity that the legal framework is almost exclusively focused on the US.

By KANISHK L

Apr 7, 2020

The course provided a great insight into pandemics, in these testing COVID-19 times from the lens of health and safety professionals. It remains very relevant for professionals from across various streams to understand how to respond to pandemics and outbreaks that can disrupt your personal and professional lives.

By Al-Imran R I

Apr 18, 2020

This course is really a timely one in current situation. The course instructors and lecturers excellently delivered the content. It is important for all who need to act on pandemics like Covid-19.

By Osione A

Apr 17, 2020

The courses were highly interactive and speakers were engaging. I looked forward to each class and the supplementary materials were super helpful.

Great learning experience in every way.

By Vivek M

Apr 7, 2020

Well articulated lectures by Dr Amish and other Professors.

By Abhishek K

Apr 1, 2020

Course is well organised but Details about Infectious disease are very basic & resources should be provided to study laws about different countries.

By Moamin M A

Apr 13, 2020

amazing course, wish it was more about international problems rather than only in the united states. Nonetheless, thank you for the well given course.

By Anupam D K

I always like to learn new things. Beiing a journalist, I have to cover differnt aspects of the ongoing Covid19 pandemic. I learned by myself a lot of things to better explore the realm. But I thought why not take a professional course and get some knowledge which can make my thinking and judgement much clearer. And I will say, this course despite being a short one, undoubtedly has enlightened me in so many ways. Now I have some clearer picture on what should have been done, what can we do next, and where we mismanaged. I am sure I can reflect the knowledge in my upcoming pieces.

By Kannan S

Jun 13, 2020

i am a double postgraduate and was a teacher, Now a house wife. The thirst in me to seek knowledge in various subjects made me choose your course. i fully enjoyed the course. it was very informative to acquire basic knowledge in the subject. Lecture speed was my only hurdle, yet i listened for a few times and kept taking notes.

Thanks to all the professors who imparted their knowledge. looking forward to having some more courses with regard to epidemics pandemics and outbreaks.

best regards

By user n

Apr 19, 2020

This was really greatful course.we are waiting for more courses regarding our alternate medicine.like unani medicine which us still being in use in many areas so that we will also get knowldge of our ancient herbs.herbal medicine is much in use now.if we will get to know more about that then surely we can modify a bit and help people in many disease by natural medicine

By Prabhu D

Apr 22, 2020

i am thankful to the faculty of pitssburgh university. the course has given me good information and now iam well aware of TACKLING this crisis situation COVID 19 as a state govt employee of Andhra pradesh state, India, Guntur 522007

By Shukrat O S O

May 11, 2018

An insightful introduction to the topic. Good delivery and ideas for discussion.

By Salaudeen F

Jul 5, 2020

Great course, great facilitators, great platform.

By Maggie

Learnt a lot, and the information is very useful.

By Michael C

Dec 21, 2019

A very well presented and informative course.

By Md F H R

May 13, 2020

Exceptiona. Thank you for this great course.

By Alexander E

Apr 17, 2020

A really insightful and practical course highlighting many concepts that are observed in the current climate of COVID-19.