Back to Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks by University of Pittsburgh

What can we do to prevent outbreaks of infectious diseases from becoming epidemics or pandemic? In this course, you’ll learn the facts about infectious diseases and medical responses. We'll focus on the public health laws and policies that provide the framework for effective prevention, like quarantine laws, drug development policies, and bioterrorism and biodefense....

DA

Dec 08, 2015

Excellent course! Concise and very different from other Epidemiology-type courses. Videos short yet very informative. VERY ENGAGING. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

AM

Jun 12, 2018

It was an exceptionally very educative course,which was presented with modern day case studies and activities. Good Stuff!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 25 of 56 Reviews for Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks

By Cody K

May 14, 2018

Good course, not that in depth, and much shorter than any actual university course on the subject

By Shukrat O S O

May 11, 2018

An insightful introduction to the topic. Good delivery and ideas for discussion.

By Eugenio O N

Jul 02, 2019

It is great the scope of knowledge that we have regarding different perspectives. The course is quite well explained and uses several resources to improve learning.

By Leydy B

Jun 24, 2019

Really. A nice course that give a lot of important information.

By Robin L

Jun 13, 2019

Concise, manageable units, a lot of helpful information.

By Sixtus A

Jan 31, 2019

Simple and clear instruction and educational materials.

By Josue D S C

Sep 27, 2018

fantastic course

By Marvin M

Jun 14, 2018

This course was very informative and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

By Akhigbe M

Jun 12, 2018

By Abdennasser B

May 15, 2018

Very good course .Many thanks to all the team that contribute to this courses. As non-native speaker I discovered many useful expressions in epidemiology and law.

By Anita M

Mar 18, 2018

Great information, US based though(I am from Canada) so I would have to look further into my own country laws.

By Diana P

Feb 23, 2018

h

By Arturo M

Jan 30, 2018

Very good course, well presented by experts and the explanations are very well documented and clear. After taking this course one can see many efforts that have been done in the past and in these days in order to create the proper framework to authorities, sanitary people, academic institutions, and the whole population in order to be as much as possible prepared for epidemic or pandemic threats.

By Manjula K

Jan 20, 2018

Interesting short course

By Emmanuel O

Jan 12, 2018

Wow, i am a lover of Public health with current focus on non-communcable diseases. My wife introduced me to coursera and i reluctantly sign up with them only for me to on this program which after enrolling i completed it within 3 days. I gained alot from it and i am very sure i will be recommending this course to my friends. Special thanks to all the instructors.

By Ole T B

Oct 27, 2017

A good and interesting course, just too short. Would have liked it to have been a bit longer

By Amy

Sep 12, 2017

I learned a great deal from the course and felt it was easy to put in my schedule.

By katrina h à c

Sep 08, 2017

This is an excellent overview of the issues and solutions regarding epidemics and pandemics and their legal basis. The course is US-focussed but still gives a good grounding in the basic concepts and the way in which various organisations and regulatory authorities are empowered to respond.

By Beka K

Aug 06, 2017

Pretty informative, engaging and enlightening course. Particularly last, fourth session was the best one.

By Steffan C

Jun 01, 2017

Great course. Excellent presenters and overview. I enjoyed the course immensely

By Shavesh L

May 15, 2017

Awesome course. It was an enjoyable and educating course.

By N'DRI K J

May 14, 2017

bonjour, chers amis j'ai terminé ce cour avec succès mais j'ai pas pu le payer à temps. est ce possible de payer encore pour obtenir mon certificat. Merci et je vous invite à vous inscrire pour ce cour.

By Vivian N

Apr 10, 2017

This course is good; but not the best. In some videos, the instructor was hard to understand and I had to turn on closed captions.

By Jacob Z

Feb 06, 2017

Very informative and engaging. Although I'm not US citizen, the practice and legal framework of the US that is being used to counter-act epidemic/pandemic diseases would help me understand how different parties can work collectively to control and contain the diseases. Thank you professors!

By Erik B

Jan 24, 2017

I want to give 4 stars because this course teaches you many concepts in a short time. In a very understandable way.