Back to Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks by University of Pittsburgh

What can we do to prevent outbreaks of infectious diseases from becoming epidemics or pandemic? In this course, you’ll learn the facts about infectious diseases and medical responses. We'll focus on the public health laws and policies that provide the framework for effective prevention, like quarantine laws, drug development policies, and bioterrorism and biodefense....

I
Apr 22, 2020

This course is very enlightening, and educative. The teachers break down each concept for easy assimilation. It's an important course all health related professionals need and I recommend it strongly.

MS
Apr 15, 2020

It was an extremely informational and interesting course, especially in the times of COVID-19. It helped me better understand what is happening in the world today regarding to pandemics and epidemics.

376 - 400 of 486 Reviews for Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks

Nov 10, 2020

NICE

By Ali O m

Nov 5, 2020

GOOD

By Umang V

Oct 8, 2020

good

By Mohammad s I

Sep 24, 2020

good

By ABHRAJIT D

Sep 19, 2020

good

By Shifa T

Jul 23, 2020

Good

By Pimpodkar N V

Jun 11, 2020

good

By JITHENDRA C

May 15, 2020

GOOD

By USHASREE P

May 14, 2020

GOOD

By Nguyễn L G Q

Apr 28, 2020

good

By Jaideep S

Mar 24, 2020

By Charvi K

Aug 8, 2020

By Sandy

Jun 10, 2020

Great course and very informative-though it would help if you put a date stamp on the videos and other material so that we know if the information provided by you is currently valid as of 2020 or not. For example, laws and acts and clauses could have changed since the course was created. New public health departments or initiatives could have been formed or dissolved. Also looks like when course was created there was no vaccine for Ebola, but as of Dec 2019 there is. So if you put a date stamp on the notes, we would know that this information is probably old and this can prompt us to look for the latest information online. You need not update all the material as it is understandable that it would be difficult for your staff to keep updating every little change- but simply putting a date on the lecture material would be enough for us to know if the information presented still holds true as of today. Thanks a lot to all the professors and staff for putting such an informative course together!

By Mariya K

Apr 20, 2020

A superficial course about epidemics of infectious diseases. Provides some information about types of infectious diseases and legal framework established in the US to combat them.

However, this course is structured impeccably and is pure delight to take. Various discussion topics that encourage to engage deeper with the material, as well as continue study outside the site and provide information on interesting related topics from the professionals in the fields, such as bioterrorism and how to contain it. I can see the work that has been put into this module, and it really would have benefited from a "meatier" course.

By �Sadman S R

Jul 26, 2020

One of the drawbacks of this course is that there are many videos of short duration. Instead of having multiple short-duration videos, it would be convenient to have less number of videos of longer durations. Because switching between and downloading so many videos is time-consuming and inefficient.

Moreover, the course states a lot of laws, regulations, and policies which I found unnecessary. Because knowing about the laws and policies is not much of a use to international learners or even to USA students. Rather the course should have given a more in-depth analysis of the relevant topics.

By Jordan K

Apr 26, 2020

I found this course to be helpful, but I didn't appreciate that most of the course material was USA centric. It's not going to be very useful as a Canadian to know all about US law. We are in a global pandemic now and looking at how even when this course was made the US was more than aware that it was a very likely possibility that an influenza would come to create a pandemic, and now it seems they are caught off guard, is funny yet very sad. Overall good course and easy enough to complete.

By Dr.Suguna D

Oct 2, 2016

First of all, let me congratulate the team for starting this course on Epidemics, Pandemic and Outbreaks. It was a very nice and I could come to know about the epidemics which occurred throughout the Globe. I have a suggestion. I feel that this the course may be more detailed especially about the problems of developing countries like Malaria, Measles, etc., My sincere thanks to all my teachers. Please keep in touch

By Brent S

Mar 27, 2020

Informative course that gives an introductory-level foundation and terminology for the subject matter. The level of difficulty is beginner, or low. I particularly enjoyed the more complex constitutional and judicial case explorations. I would recommend a more intensive course, if your level of ability in learning new subject matter is high.

By Dayanne O M

Apr 22, 2020

It´d be great to include some other examples about public health policies beyond the US. Also, it´d be really interesting to explore a different module for non infectious diseases, but those epidemics such as depression or social isolation, which also have an impact on social and economic stability.