Back to Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks by University of Pittsburgh

What can we do to prevent outbreaks of infectious diseases from becoming epidemics or pandemic? In this course, you’ll learn the facts about infectious diseases and medical responses. We'll focus on the public health laws and policies that provide the framework for effective prevention, like quarantine laws, drug development policies, and bioterrorism and biodefense....

I

Apr 23, 2020

This course is very enlightening, and educative. The teachers break down each concept for easy assimilation. It's an important course all health related professionals need and I recommend it strongly.

MS

Apr 16, 2020

It was an extremely informational and interesting course, especially in the times of COVID-19. It helped me better understand what is happening in the world today regarding to pandemics and epidemics.

401 - 425 of 468 Reviews for Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks

By Kandis B

Jun 30, 2020

Overall, thank you for informing me about other diseases that I never took the time to pay attention to. Also, allowing me to think if I was in a situation to decided and manage these predicaments.

By Nobody A

May 09, 2020

This course was interesting but it was very focused on the US, so I wish I had known before signing up that a lot of the information wouldn't be very relevant to the situation in my own country.

By Muhammad G

May 05, 2020

I'm a bit disappointed because it focused mainly on US policies and less about the international condition or comparisons in other countries. Overall it is quite easy to understand.

By tyron n

Oct 24, 2015

was searching for an online course in the field of public health and found this .....its a brilliant course and was worth it...............good job guys......thank

By Ma. C A

This course is very timely as COVID19 is a hot topic of discussion now. Very informative. Thanks for putting together a good syllabus for all the learners!

By Ryan B

Jun 21, 2020

Really enjoyed the course. Hope that they will consider updating the course to include information and examples from the current Coronavirus Pandemic.

By Afra B

Aug 04, 2020

Please ask the presenters to slow down their speech cadence. It is a lot of information and most spoke too quickly which caused them to be unclear

By Maria

May 12, 2020

Interesting and well organised. Would have enjoyed a more detailed biological aspect, but overall gives a good overview of all sides of the topic.

By Faezeh

Apr 11, 2020

great to get an insight into the whole concept of epidemics.

not much extra information if you are already familiar with this topic

By Joseph V S

Sep 06, 2020

The content as presented was excellent. However, the course should be updated so it reflects current experiences with COVID-19.

By Erwin v ‘ L

Mar 30, 2020

Very good introduction to epidemics. Last parts maybe a bit overly focused on US law and practice, could be a bit more global.

By Gioia M

Mar 20, 2020

This course was extremely enlightening in understanding epidemics and pandemics, especially from a social and legal aspect.

By Pitcha R

May 01, 2020

The lesson is good but some part is suitable only for Americans. The quiz had some unnecessary memory-based questions.

By Kamrul H S

Jun 05, 2020

Really, the course is effective for any biological students to pursue their higher studies related to epidemiology.

By Erik B

Jan 24, 2017

I want to give 4 stars because this course teaches you many concepts in a short time. In a very understandable way.

By Anita M

Mar 18, 2018

Great information, US based though(I am from Canada) so I would have to look further into my own country laws.

By Mark

Oct 01, 2016

Short, but pretty good; very clear and concise lessons, understandable for beginners or intermediate learners.

By Al m

Apr 10, 2020

I really enjoyed taking this course, It's informative and full of tips. You would learn such valuable things.

By Rajarshi B

Apr 20, 2020

Good to study of history and law of epidemics with knowledge of basic of

Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks

By SAKSHI M

May 13, 2020

It is very helpful to understand basic epidemiological aspects even for those with non science background.

By Maria I R

Mar 25, 2020

Curso completo, directo y didáctico. Solo incluiría un poco más de Gráfica e historia de casos verídicos

By Prem R

Apr 06, 2020

This course is very nice and necessary during COVID-19 event for understanding pandemics and outbreaks.

By Родина М А

May 14, 2020

There is too much information about measures in the US, I wanted to learn more about world practices