Back to Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks by University of Pittsburgh

What can we do to prevent outbreaks of infectious diseases from becoming epidemics or pandemic? In this course, you’ll learn the facts about infectious diseases and medical responses. We'll focus on the public health laws and policies that provide the framework for effective prevention, like quarantine laws, drug development policies, and bioterrorism and biodefense....

I
Apr 22, 2020

This course is very enlightening, and educative. The teachers break down each concept for easy assimilation. It's an important course all health related professionals need and I recommend it strongly.

MS
Apr 15, 2020

It was an extremely informational and interesting course, especially in the times of COVID-19. It helped me better understand what is happening in the world today regarding to pandemics and epidemics.

101 - 125 of 514 Reviews for Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks

By Giannina Z

Great course. Easy to follow and clear explanation of a wide variety of topics that are very interesting for someone like me who is new to Public Health. Highly recommended.

By Chinwendu O

Jun 29, 2020

The course was an eye opening, was able to understand some of the public health laws, how to combat with infectious disease. It was really educative. Thanks to the tutors

May 4, 2020

Wonderful course defining and explaining terms pertaining to Epidemics and Pandemics. This has opened a pathway for me to develop lifelong learning in this particular area.

By Nicholas A T

May 22, 2020

This was a great course that discussed all facets of quarantine, isolation, emergency management, the law and regulation of isolation, and even some info on bioterrorism.

By Elvia H

Jul 4, 2020

This is a great course with lots of information to counterbalance the attack of so much false information about the pandemic we are currently experiencing. Thank you!

By Patil Y H

May 6, 2020

This course is so informational and faculties are skillful. Every terms and concepts are easy to understand and quiz are great to track your actual record of knowledge

By Sheena K

Jun 30, 2020

This is the best and awesome course I have seen in COURSERA with the best teachers. The presentation and the explanation of the teachers in this course are the best.

By Mimi M

I've learned so much more about pandemic and how federal and state goverment takes action. I've also learn how vaccine truly works and how everyone life can change.

By Eugenio O N

Jul 2, 2019

It is great the scope of knowledge that we have regarding different perspectives. The course is quite well explained and uses several resources to improve learning.

By Erikas J

Jan 1, 2021

It was very informative and well organized course. It was very interesting and useful to compare previous contagious diseases and response to them with SARS-CoV-2.

By Manuel R

Jun 12, 2020

Excellent course to understand laws and policies involving health, outbreaks, epidemics and pandemics. Very useful to compare with current events with covid-19.

By Meenashim A

Aug 2, 2020

This course provides us the information and scenario that are prevailing in the world. It’s informative and helps one to understand the situation in a better way.

By Abdennasser B

May 15, 2018

Very good course .Many thanks to all the team that contribute to this courses. As non-native speaker I discovered many useful expressions in epidemiology and law.

By Angie R V S

Aug 13, 2020

Muy buen curso, contextualiza sobre aquello principal que se debe tener en cuenta sobre las enfermedades contagiosas e infecciosas en el ámbito de salud publica

By Mohammad J Q

Nov 6, 2020

Excellent contents and pedagogical approach strengthen my knowledge, skills, and competencies on Epidemiology. Thank you for offering such a wonderful course.

By Ozan S K

May 9, 2020

Great introduction to understand how and what health regulations can help. A very well designed first step for those looking do dig deeper in health law area.

By EDWIN E G

Jan 28, 2021

For our modern day as of 2020 its very useful too learn this type of information in order to understand why things happen in why we need to take regulations.

By Saumya B

Jun 28, 2020

All the aspects of the concerned topic were covered in so many different methods. I loved the course and is surely gonna learn a lot more via this platform.

By Sefinew D G

The course is incredibly wonderful.

It would be nice if I can get a certificate. I can't afford the payment. Is there any financial aid for a certificate?

By Ugly D

Dec 8, 2015

Excellent course! Concise and very different from other Epidemiology-type courses. Videos short yet very informative. VERY ENGAGING. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

By Mohammad B F

Apr 18, 2020

Excellent course. The instructors and course material is expertly designed and provides great knowledge and skills in preparation for public health policy.

Apr 4, 2020

This course is extremely practical. Highly recommend - the course provides a diverse range of topics,

all of which equip the learner with a great toolkit.

By Alejandro R

Dec 21, 2020

Useful introduction to the subject! I think it was straightforward to understand even if someone doesn't come from a public health or medical background.

By Amitabha D

Apr 25, 2020

The Course is good enough to understand the basics of Epidemics, pandemics and Outbreaks and also the laws and regulations of of isolation and Quarantine

By Leulair C d S M

Jul 20, 2020

I loved this course because our moment of Covid-19.

It was excellent and thought clear information about principles.

I'd like to attend others courses.