Back to Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks by University of Pittsburgh

What can we do to prevent outbreaks of infectious diseases from becoming epidemics or pandemic? In this course, you’ll learn the facts about infectious diseases and medical responses. We'll focus on the public health laws and policies that provide the framework for effective prevention, like quarantine laws, drug development policies, and bioterrorism and biodefense....

MS
Apr 15, 2020

It was an extremely informational and interesting course, especially in the times of COVID-19. It helped me better understand what is happening in the world today regarding to pandemics and epidemics.

I
Apr 22, 2020

This course is very enlightening, and educative. The teachers break down each concept for easy assimilation. It's an important course all health related professionals need and I recommend it strongly.

51 - 75 of 517 Reviews for Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks

By Kelsey D

This course is so relevant in today's COVID world. They should update the course to discuss COVID, maybe add another week to discuss this most recent pandemic in detail. Overall super educational and gave me some great talking points when discussing the measures being put in place today.

By VICTOR M B P

Sep 14, 2020

The course is awesome.Great. The material and lectures are completely clear, concise and interesting.As a primary care physician, it helped me to understand many situations that are presenting because of Covid 19 Pandemics. Of course I give a very high recommendation to enroll in it.

By Cecil C L

May 23, 2020

Absolutamente claro, preciso. Muy buen aporte a mi interés por este tema contingente. Gracias a todos los Creadores, Instructores e involucrados. Ojalá exista alguna coherencia con otros cursos que complementen este, tal vez más avanzado, pero en el mismo contexto. ¡Cordiales saludos!

By Hazel K

May 6, 2020

A great and helpful course in processing all the information and research that has been done on Epidemics, Pandemics, and Outbreaks. Feels surreal taking this during the exact moments of COVID-19 pandemic going on around the world but helped me so much. Greatly informative.

By Shah M A R

Nov 25, 2020

This Course is Based on Health Related Topics.This Course gives an Explanations of Diseases,Parasites,Infectonous Diseases.Students Who are interested in Health Related Topics Can Enroll this Course.

Course Video and Lecture Quality is Very Good Enough

Overall Ratings - 5/5

By S M H R

It's a wonderful course for anyone who wants to learn about health laws and topics related to it, how a state or government deals with infectious and contagious diseases. The mentors were really clear on the topics they talked about and made the whole thing crystal clear.

By Sharangouda J P

Jun 17, 2020

Its wonderful to know the such useful and informative courses to update our self to aware others to manage scientifically such issues occurs, really Coursera is a best platform for learners to gain the knowledge and to be with current scenario of science and technology

By Erica P

Jul 7, 2020

The instructors are very insightful and give a good presentation of the materials. I liked having quizzes after almost every section instead of a big end-week quiz since there is a lot of info to cover, and the additional resources available as a PDF was convenient.

By Danish S T

Jul 1, 2020

An excellent introduction to Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks. Good case studies. Thought provoking discussions. Explained the interplay of the various stakeholders, national and international, in preventing and controlling infectious disease outbreaks.

By Maureen M

Dec 21, 2020

Great course. Will be interested to see updated version after COVID 19, if it ever ends. Was dissipointed that the time frame ws not listed on the certificate. I need tje hours for continuing education. That was the reason I paid for the course certificate!

By SUMIT K G

Jul 2, 2020

Great course to gain knowledge about epidemics, pandemics, and outbreaks. The arrangements of quizzes and numerous modules helped me a lot to gain the knowledge provided. I want to give special thanks to all instructors who provided such a better service.

By Alieu S

Apr 17, 2020

it is a very interesting course which gives an insight to epidemic ,pandemic and outbreak.for some African the cost is a very big amount of money which many people cannot afford,so i will like the university authority of this course to make it free .

By barak u k

Feb 29, 2020

In this course, I have learnt how developing country like Pakistan can put up medical response to Corona virus that is affecting countries around the globe. Also how public health laws and policies can provide the framework for effective prevention.

By Chris A B

Jun 13, 2020

Course was AWESOME! Learned the basics on the topic which provides me with a better understanding of how governments across the world are addressing the COVID-19 pandemic with the policies and regulations that have been imposed. Thanks so much!

By Solomon

May 9, 2020

This course have really opened my eyes to the concept of disease outbreak, epidemics and pandemics. How it is controlled, response to,by individuals and government and also how laws are made or promulgated to disease emergency.

By Azajul I N

Jun 5, 2020

I learned a lot of things from this amazing course. Thanks to the University of Pittsburgh for launching this awesome interesting course for students. I am recommending this course to everyone irrespective of caste and age.

By Melisa M S

Apr 6, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. The concepts were explained very well and it allowed. Along with "Science Matters: Let's Talk About COVID-19", this course allowed me to better understand the current situation with covid-19.

By Thu H V

May 14, 2016

An excellent introduction or a refresher course to this field! Provides a good amount of content for a 4-week course. The self-paced aspect of the course is also very helpful if you would like to make your own schedule.

By Ahmed A

It was very Usefull and knowledgeable for me to understand how to take actioms during an Emidemic at local, state and Central level. Also what's the difference between Infectious and Contagious, Isolation Quarantine.

By Ayesha H

May 7, 2020

The course was really intresting and was very informative. I learned alot about how the situation can be tackled and what actions to be taken if there is a outbreak. The course was fun to take and i really liked it.

By Shuvanon R

Mar 31, 2020

Very educative course. Excellent overview on topics with real world examples. I take this course during Covid-19 pandemics. It is very helpful to understand the global situation for a novice in this sector.

By Mark K A

Apr 4, 2021

Very relevant course in this era of epidemics, pandemics and outbreaks! My eyes have been opened and I thank Coursera and the University of Pittsburgh for offering me this course, I appreciate it very much!

By Kang S

Sep 30, 2016

Was very helpful, I learned a lot from this course. It's a shame that the legal frameworks introduced in the course are limited to the US because I, as a non-american had some trouble understanding the last

By Zack6 A

Jun 20, 2020

Epidemics, Pandemics and Outbreaks was an eye opening educational experience for me, in terms of different ways of dealing with contagious diseases and implementing laws pertaining quarantines, isolations.

By N'DRI K J

May 14, 2017

bonjour, chers amis j'ai terminé ce cour avec succès mais j'ai pas pu le payer à temps. est ce possible de payer encore pour obtenir mon certificat. Merci et je vous invite à vous inscrire pour ce cour.