Back to Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of diseases, health conditions, or events among populations and the application of that study to control health problems. By applying the concepts learned in this course to current public health problems and issues, students will understand the practice of epidemiology as it relates to real life and makes for a better appreciation of public health programs and policies. This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology....

N

Apr 12, 2020

Very clear teaching strategies from the instructors. Some quizzes though are a little bit hard on my part because of the type of questions and answers. But overall it is a great course to take with.

A

I just completed my course and I would like to appreciate the tutors for doing a great job, yeah! Also, I recommend Coursera for anyone who wants to experience advancement in knowledge and career.

201 - 225 of 866 Reviews for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

By Tyana M

Oct 12, 2020

Thank you so much for this opportunity! As a current student, studying towards a BS degree in Public Health at ECU, this curriculum was very rewarding.

By DEEPA D S

First of all i would like to thank our course instructors i have learnt more things from this course and it is very useful to me thank you so much mam.

By VICTOR M B P

Jun 08, 2020

Excellent.If Epidemiology is not your main field,this is the point to begin.It teaches precisely the basics needed to understand Epidemiology science.

By Yudi Y S

Apr 11, 2020

I love this course about their explanation about epidemiology, but the quiz is very hard! If you love a challenge, this course may be perfect for you.

By Feyikemi L A

The course is a wonderful opportunity to learn at your own convenience, it requires some determination and tenacity but it is worth all the effort.

By Kathryn R

Sep 28, 2019

This course provided a very clear and helpful introduction to epidemiology. I particularly liked the explanation about how to establish causality.

By Christine Z G

I'm here for a refresher on epidemiology during this COVID-19 pandemic and this course tackled almost everything we discussed in class. Thank you!

By Mary J A

May 07, 2020

I have to admit that this course is quite difficult especially the first two weeks. However, I can't deny that I really learned a lot. Thank you!

By Carly S

Aug 28, 2015

Thank very much for all the information and lectures shared. It was a very helpful course to get into public health.

Best regards!

Karina Vázquez.

By Shaoni S

Sep 05, 2020

The explanations in this course were excellent. Nothing was difficult to understand and the quizzes were especially good for critical thinking.

By Roque B P

Enrolling in this online course not only adds to my knowledge but also equipped me with the right mindset and preparation for my future career.

By JAY P Y

Apr 19, 2020

Find good platform to learn about basic concepts of epidemiology which can be applied in planning of any study design and disease investigation

By Robert E K P

Feb 21, 2017

Excellent introduction to the field of Epidemiology. The lectures were very good and the material was presented in a clear and orderly manner.

By Adriana U C

Oct 06, 2020

very easy to understand. loved all the videos and the information that was provided. the quiz at the end was helpful in testing my knowledge.

By Rebecca C

Jul 26, 2020

great course. enjoyed the content. Had a little trouble with the test initially. otherwise good information. will suggest to co-workers.

By Peculiar O

Apr 12, 2020

This has been a wonderful experience to me, so easy to understand. Thank you, University of North Carolina, Gillings School of Public Health

By Matthew V

Jun 07, 2020

Very informative, especially in the time of COVID-19. The course has persuaded me into looking further at public health careers. Thank you!

By Jonathan A

Apr 14, 2020

The course is short and concise. It made me more interested in the field of Public Health. Kudos to UNC-Chapel Hill for making this course!

By Shaswat L

Sep 16, 2019

Learned a lot about quantitative aspects of epidemiology which I can directly use in my own Research Work. Great Additional resources too!

By Sehar

Dec 26, 2016

Great course, very informative for beginners. Examples used throughout lectures to help understand material.Recommend to other beginners.

By JOAQUÍN E A M

Aug 27, 2020

This course was more interesting than I expected, it met my expectations and aroused in me a great interest in epidemiology as a student.

By Budi S

Nov 17, 2017

Very clear explanation, strict to the point, simple words, normal speed in speaking makes Asian student easier to understand. Thank you!!

By Luis E G y G

Aug 14, 2020

A great course, it shows comprehensive information about Epidemiology on a beginer level, but some of the quizzes are very hard to pass.

By Tungki P U

I like this, but maybe you can use partial scoring for "select all that apply" question, maybe with a very low score is also applicable

By Melanie M A

Jan 01, 2018

Great introduction to Epidemiology, I really enjoyed it and helped me to remember relevant concepts and its applications. Many thanks!