Back to Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Often called “the cornerstone” of public health, epidemiology is the study of the distribution and determinants of diseases, health conditions, or events among populations and the application of that study to control health problems. By applying the concepts learned in this course to current public health problems and issues, students will understand the practice of epidemiology as it relates to real life and makes for a better appreciation of public health programs and policies. This course explores public health issues like cardiovascular and infectious diseases – both locally and globally – through the lens of epidemiology....

N
Apr 11, 2020

Very clear teaching strategies from the instructors. Some quizzes though are a little bit hard on my part because of the type of questions and answers. But overall it is a great course to take with.

A

I just completed my course and I would like to appreciate the tutors for doing a great job, yeah! Also, I recommend Coursera for anyone who wants to experience advancement in knowledge and career.

226 - 250 of 895 Reviews for Epidemiology: The Basic Science of Public Health

By JOAQUÍN E A M

Aug 26, 2020

This course was more interesting than I expected, it met my expectations and aroused in me a great interest in epidemiology as a student.

By Budi S

Nov 16, 2017

Very clear explanation, strict to the point, simple words, normal speed in speaking makes Asian student easier to understand. Thank you!!

By Luis E G y G

Aug 13, 2020

A great course, it shows comprehensive information about Epidemiology on a beginer level, but some of the quizzes are very hard to pass.

By Tungki P U

I like this, but maybe you can use partial scoring for "select all that apply" question, maybe with a very low score is also applicable

By Melanie M A

Dec 31, 2017

Great introduction to Epidemiology, I really enjoyed it and helped me to remember relevant concepts and its applications. Many thanks!

By Nicola G

Jul 27, 2020

This course was really informative, fun learning and challenging at times. I'm inspired (and a bit more confident) to apply for a MPH

By Ngozi J

Mar 3, 2017

An amazing which was well delivered. I have learnt a lot about Epidiomology and hope to learn more as I begin my journey in Medicine.

By Lok M T

Apr 7, 2020

Very good introductory course for epidemiology! The instructors are very comprehensive in explaining the concepts of epidemiology!

By Miller M

Apr 21, 2019

Well-designed courses and clear outline. Strongly recommended. Thanks for this course leading me into the journey of epidemiology!

By Franko G S

Apr 20, 2020

I really enjoy taking the course, I found it interesting and complete, I do recommend taking the course if you like epidemiology.

By Akshata S

Oct 15, 2017

Amazing lecture and helpful information. Even speakers were great, as they explained each and every point with suitable examples.

By hodan

Feb 13, 2017

This was actually a great course as I have learned a lot from the lectures. I would definitely recommend this course to my peers.

By María L J G

Nov 2, 2016

This course has been very usefull for profesionals and students of public health. Thank you for sharing us all of your knowledge

By SCHOLASTICA O

Oct 28, 2016

The course is interesting. It opened my eyes to public health. Now more than ever, I am keen to proceed on a postgraduate study.

By Neha Y

Jun 20, 2020

The course helped me understanding the basics of public health and gave me the clear idea about the importance of public health

By Sajini b n

A great course from University of North Carolina by eminent experts. Pretty useful in brushing up my knowledge on Epidemiology.

By Loretta

Mar 9, 2020

It was a very helpful course to understand the basic Epidemiological terminologies. And begin the understanding of epidemiology

By Qurratul A A

Oct 11, 2016

The course cleared a lot of doubts i was having in public health linked to community optometry. Thanks for the basic knowledge.

By Per S

Jun 29, 2020

One of the most difficult courses that I took so far but the content is very meaningful and worth re-reading again. Thank you.

By Mohamed A E

Apr 8, 2020

It is a great course with intensive amount of data. It helped me understand many things. Thanks a lot for this amazing course.

By Raquel G A

Jun 21, 2020

I loved this course because it was very precise with the concepts and provided simple examples. It was an excellent decision.

By Büşra Ş B

Sep 27, 2020

For a curious person to apidemiology, this course should be perfect. I enjoy this course and i learn too much informations.

By Liliana R L V

Jul 30, 2018

This course was very clear. The struture was very easy to follow but you learn a lot. Great additional resources! Congrats!

By K. A K

Feb 2, 2016

Loved this course! I learned a lot, as this is my first course on the topic, and had no trouble understanding the material.