Back to Econometrics: Methods and Applications

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Econometrics: Methods and Applications by Erasmus University Rotterdam

Welcome! Do you wish to know how to analyze and solve business and economic questions with data analysis tools? Then Econometrics by Erasmus University Rotterdam is the right course for you, as you learn how to translate data into models to make forecasts and to support decision making. * What do I learn? When you know econometrics, you are able to translate data into models to make forecasts and to support decision making in a wide variety of fields, ranging from macroeconomics to finance and marketing. Our course starts with introductory lectures on simple and multiple regression, followed by topics of special interest to deal with model specification, endogenous variables, binary choice data, and time series data. You learn these key topics in econometrics by watching the videos with in-video quizzes and by making post-video training exercises. * Do I need prior knowledge? The course is suitable for (advanced undergraduate) students in economics, finance, business, engineering, and data analysis, as well as for those who work in these fields. The course requires some basics of matrices, probability, and statistics, which are reviewed in the Building Blocks module. * What literature can I consult to support my studies? You can follow the MOOC without studying additional sources. Further reading of the discussed topics (including the Building Blocks) is provided in the textbook that we wrote and on which the MOOC is based: Econometric Methods with Applications in Business and Economics, Oxford University Press. The connection between the MOOC modules and the book chapters is shown in the Course Guide – Further Information – How can I continue my studies. * Will there be teaching assistants active to guide me through the course? Staff and PhD students of our Econometric Institute will provide guidance in January and February of each year. In other periods, we provide only elementary guidance. We always advise you to connect with fellow learners of this course to discuss topics and exercises. * How will I get a certificate? To gain the certificate of this course, you are asked to make six Test Exercises (one per module) and a Case Project. Further, you perform peer-reviewing activities of the work of three of your fellow learners of this MOOC. You gain the certificate if you pass all seven assignments. Have a nice journey into the world of Econometrics! The Econometrics team...

JJ

Nov 16, 2015

The design of the course is very Helpful and efficient. The course is well explained. The instructors are very clear and master the subject. They very detailed and well organized.

TM

Jun 09, 2016

Very practical, I would urge people who intend to take this course to come to this course with at least some knowledge of econometrics and statistics. It would come in handy.

76 - 100 of 156 Reviews for Econometrics: Methods and Applications

By Joost d G

Jan 05, 2018

Very practical info, well tought

By Ehui E S A

Nov 12, 2016

excellent course with a lot of practice

By Richard N

May 31, 2017

An excellent course that helps me go back in the basics of Econometrics

By Scrypnychenko A

Feb 24, 2016

Very Good Course!

Many Thanks to course development team!

By Zhang Q

Jul 19, 2017

Very helpful to me, thanks!

By Melissa L S M

Dec 01, 2015

Awesome course, it's helping me to remember all I learned in College. Thank you

By Hiteshchandra T

Nov 19, 2016

Good experience! Very well organised and presented, given the limitations of the MOOC format. All key topics are covered lucidly and succinctly. Maybe a follow-up course on advanced topics like Stochastic Regressors, Panel Data, etc could be offered?

By Khiem N T

Feb 23, 2016

I like the structure of the course that different professor is in charge of different chapter but the contents of each chapter are linked to the others. Each chapter offers different topic (of course) but the style and structure are the same. In detail, there are always theoretical and practical part as well as small quizzes in each chapter. In addition, the guideline and syllabus provide students with great details. On top of that, chapter assignments are provided with solution which are necessary for students to check their knowledge.

I would love to participate in follow up course which might deal with more advanced topics after this basic one.

By juan j m

Aug 14, 2016

Excelente diseño. Felicito sinceramente a todo el equipo de profesores y administradores que hicieron posible que se ofrezca este curso en línea. Sé que hay MUCHÍSIMO trabajo detrás de este curso que a veces pareciera no se valora. Creanmelo, han logrado un curso de muy buen nivel que seguramente se irá perfeccionando con las aportaciones de todos. Es perfectible. En lo particular, me ha permitido moverme de mi zona de confort para no perder de vista la importancia de la enseñanza de las demostraciones en el campo de la Econometría. Muy buen precio. Seguiré participando.

Atte.

Juan José Mendoza Alvarado

Universidad Autónoma de Nayarit

By Gustavo R e O

Nov 23, 2017

I totally recomend this course for those who are seeking to learn this challenging subject. The material presented in the course provides a great stimulous to stay on track and follow the course until the end.

By Moreno C

Jan 23, 2016

The course is excellent, with a good balance between theory and practice.

The level is intermediate. I wouldn’t recommend it for beginners.

By Abhijith P K

Nov 26, 2016

excited to do this course

By Rongrong Z

Oct 10, 2016

It is really helpful!

By Serge d V

Apr 24, 2016

Very useful course for those who want to learn what is behind econometric tools and what their limitations are. The combination between practice and theory makes it an exciting learning experience that is worth the time investment. For those, like myself, that were not 100% up to speed at the start, a significant time investment is needed. To finish the course I had to spend in excess of 20 hours a week to satisfactorily understand the material and be able to reproduce the main takeaways. I am sure the course can be successfully completed with less effort, but grasping the essence of the material made sense to me as I am trying to get a better idea of how to use econometric tools. Conclusion: it is completely worth your time, but if you are not sufficiently well versed in math and statistics, basic college level, you will need to make a significant time investment to make full use of the material.

By Zein E A M M S

Apr 19, 2017

Excellent, well structured and well explained.

Thanks

By Tran D B

Aug 01, 2017

d

By Shafiqul I S

Jun 18, 2017

Very informative and analytic. Subject to deep understanding of statistics

By Pingchuan M

Sep 20, 2017

The most strongly recommended.

All the knowledge involved is very difficult. But this is exactly what I want. I view myself as a smart guy. But believe me, you will spend more time than the suggested time cost on the website. But all the payout is worthy.

If you don't have enough statistic knowledge, it's okay. But I think you should go over the optional week 8 materials very carefully before you study this course. And I think week 8 materials are enough.

Every week has 5 parts, and after every part, there is a small training exercise to solid your understanding. And at the end of every week, there is a peer-reviewed test. And believe me, if you complete all the well-designed training and tests 100%, you will no longer fear for the relevant problem.

By Jhon A A C

Jun 07, 2017

Good.

By Nguyen P Q

Sep 25, 2016

Great and very practical course.

By Yoseph M

Apr 25, 2017

I found it one of the Best MOOC and I am looking forward to learn more.

By DƯ T T

Sep 09, 2018

Helpful for me. Thanks a lot!

By Dayane G

Sep 19, 2018

I think it is good have a link and support for download statical softwares and guidance for use are.

By Axel-Cleris G

Nov 21, 2018

I love this course. I'm a student in Economics and I took this course to have a complementary view to other econometric courses I have in my program; your explanations are good and intuitive. Thanks

By Bjorn S