Back to Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing by Yale University

Everyday Parenting gives you access to a toolkit of behavior-change techniques that will make your typical day in the home easier as you develop the behaviors you would like to see in your child. The lessons provide step-by-step instructions and demonstrations to improve your course of action with both children and adolescents. Among many techniques, you will learn how even simple modifications to tone of voice and phrasing can lead to more compliance. The course will also shed light on many parenting misconceptions and ineffective strategies that are routinely used. The key to the course is practice. It is not enough to know the strategies; you have to do them to reap the rewards. Using the techniques on a temporary basis will lead to permanent change. Chances are your parenting is perfectly fine and working the way you would like. But if you have any frustrations with your child or would like improve your effectiveness in changing your child’s behavior, these videos will be a very useful guide. Subtitles available in Chinese and Spanish....

NB

Nov 07, 2019

Such amazing course, it’s useful and joyful to learn all the way through. I love it ! Thank you Coursera make learning easy to learn and share , I see the power of knowledge by E- sharing ! Wonderful!

SB

May 12, 2020

Very straightforward content and easy to follow for beginners. The course gives very simple tools that are applicable for child rearing when addressing problematic behaviour for children or teenagers.

51 - 75 of 589 Reviews for Everyday Parenting: The ABCs of Child Rearing

By Martha G

Jul 29, 2020

Dr, Kazdin inspired me to reopen the Parent Center at my school, I learned very good techniques and strategies that will be beneficial to the parents and students, I am also want to thank him because I am a parent liaison for the Hispanic community and I will use the Spanish translations.

He is an amazing professor, Thanks Dr. Kazdin.

By Lauren L

Feb 01, 2018

A great course that was easy to complete. I work full-time and mother to a toddler and I was easily able to complete this course in the timeframe required. It was engaging and had a lot of great techniques and tools that I know will come in handy as I navigate through parenthood. Thanks very much for making this course available!

By Suman k

May 23, 2020

It’s a practical and very effective too. Gives new ideas and guides how to apply it too. Thanks for such a valuable and well designed one. I feel it could be more precise and crisp too as sometimes I had problem reading the transcript. Transcript could be shown on screen during the lecture as it could be easy to relate it then

By Monique B W

Jan 18, 2019

In the first day, I learned about 60 percent of the first week of material. That night I began to apply it, and it was like a miracle! I don't even know what comes next, if but the first day was that beneficial, I am looking forward to the remainder of the class. I can see that it is going to be a blessing for my family and me.

By Isabelle F

May 03, 2020

I really enjoyed this course which give a very good parenting toolbox and allows to strenghten the basic knowledges of how the children behave and how to positively influence the behaviors. The concepts are explained very clearly and are "ready to use" tools to impact your child's behavior. Thank you for this very good course.

By faisal b

Nov 19, 2018

Prof kazdan. i am feeling very luck that i took your course , and truly speaking i was in a desperate need for it. i learned a lot and successfully applied your Technics. i am sure that thousand of parents will get lot help from this course ,for good parenting . ill watch your videos again and again. thanks alot.

Faisal Bilal

By Rachel J

Loved it gave me so many great tips and understandings on how to assist my child and it really has made a big difference in their responses to me! Thank you! I will learn and practice it again and again and improve my skills over time with the kids... I have seen an increase in happy affection and compliance without issues!

By Gladys M K A

Jun 07, 2020

Felicitaciones al Dr. Azrin que nos ha ofrecido un excelente curso para la crianza de los niños, de una manera organizada, clara y amena. Continuaremos poniendo en práctica el ABC de la crianza. Gracias a la Universidad de Yale y a Coursera por la oportunidad que nos brindan para llevar cursos de calidad y gran utilidad.

By Cynthia L

Jul 02, 2020

It's very important to get some education about being a parent. There are many frustrating moments with the child and I am glad that I found this course and learned some techniques of how to change undesired behaviors. My daughter is only 3 years old but it's helpful to learn these before she really develops some problems.

By reirei

May 22, 2018

Very practical and even humble from a leading expert to the struggling rookie parents. Principles mentioned in this course are seemingly simple, but spending the time to go through the journey with Professor Kazdin makes the principles more than a knowledge but something you can really use and make a difference in life.

By Sebastian A V C

Aug 11, 2020

Thank you very much Dr Alan Kazdin. This was such a great course. I´m not a native speaker of english but I get a huge comprehention abaout the topic. I am a psychologyst and I have realized this course synthesizes the basics of human behavior and reinforcement programs in a very interesting way. Thank you very much!!!

By Bankole A

May 13, 2020

I enjoyed taking this course. The instructor was knowledgeable in his field and the materials were resourceful. And I liked that it was self-paced. I enjoyed the peer review tasks as well as applying the lessons learned in my immediate environment. It was all together, a beautiful experience. Thank you Alan E. Kazdin!!

By Andrea A D

Apr 29, 2020

It was an amazing course. Definitely very helpful in these Covid-19 times. We are all confined at home so, having a toolkit of parenting techniques organized by Dr. Alan Kazdin is just what we need. I will be coming back to some lessons as needed for sure. Thank you for putting this kind of courses at our disposition.

By Dicle Ç

Sep 25, 2018

Excellent! This course is both practically and academically helpful for child rearing. Classes are fun and the quizzes are fair. It's very easygoing and it teaches you a great deal. I feel so lucky to join this class when I'm raising my toddler. I'm looking forward to other courses related with this one in the future.

By Muku N

Mar 04, 2018

Definitely useful for the new parent as well as parents of older children as they face the challenges of growing up. As parents, there is no way that we know what are the tried and tested methods of child rearing without learning about it, this is the resource for you to learn about those tried and tested techniques!

By Miriam H Z

Dec 21, 2017

Yo soy psicóloga infantil desde 2011 atiendo casos de TDAH, TND, y otros trastornos de conducta, frecuentemente relacionados a estilos de crianza autoritarios, permisivos o negligentes. Importante la educación de los padres de familia para tener herramientas de prevención e intervención en los contextos más próximos.

By Igor S

Jan 13, 2019

This is a great course for any parent that aims to improve their career. It helps you being a better parent and saving time and effort on the repairable aspects of the child's behavior. The peace of mind, and released time and energy give an opportunity for better productivity at work and happier life altogether.

By edgar l

Aug 29, 2017

i found this course to be highly resourceful and interactive, with loads of concepts and helpful tools that parents can easily learn, understand, relate to and apply successfully in their homes. If only more people had access to this type of a course, the world would be a happier place. Thank you Dr. Kazdin.

By Olga T

Feb 11, 2018

Dear Professor Kazdin,

Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge! Your course has changed my life, and the life of my two kids. Your techniques help so much to improve relationships, I wish I had known them much earlier. I would not have done so many mistakes. We are a happier family now thanks to you!

By Anna T

Jun 29, 2020

The course is amazing. I highly recommend to everybody no matter if you are a parent, a teacher or a sister. Each of us is responsible for the emotional education of children. Professor Alan E. Kazdin explains everying in a clear way. Every minute in front of the monitor is wort it. Thank you Professor!

By Jennifer H

Apr 01, 2020

This course is a life-saver! The techniques showed by Prof Kazdin were very practical and easy to practise too! and very logical too! This course also helped me to correct some of the myths / misunderstandings about parenting. Very valuable course for all parents... trying to be even better parents!

By Janine

Mar 11, 2019

Fantastic course! We have a household with 4 children and the dynamic of the household is somewhat strained with a very difficult 5 year old. This course has helped so much, the small changes we made has made a huge improvement and slowly but surely the behaviors are becoming permanent. Thank you!

By Ayelén

Feb 01, 2019

It's an amazing course. In a little span of time, you learn so much and can apply it inmmediately. It's life changing. Dr. Kazdin did a great job at explaining and making clear steps; his articles are also great.

I'm really thankful for the production team and also Dr. Kazdin for this course!!

By Kiran T

Aug 28, 2019

Presenting in an amazing manner by Dr. Kazdin. He has addressed many childhood concerns and how to approach them in a more effective manner. The tools shared by Dr. Kazdin are practical and doable. I tried it with my daughters and shared it with the parents that I work with. It worked nicely.