Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KS

Jun 30, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

KG

Jun 09, 2020

Very good teaching of fundamentals. Everything was explained in a really structured manner. Final assessment was like cherry on the cake as it helped in revisiting what has been taught over the weeks.

201 - 225 of 7,196 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Mohammed A A

Jul 14, 2020

Basic knowledge in Excel is essential in every organisation. Before join this course, I tried to understand with help of youtube and other sources. But I can't make it complete because of lot of confussion arises. But Now I complete some basics of excel with the help of Coursera and great knowledgeable teachers without any confusions. I wish to join in 2nd course of this.

5/5😍

By Mariam A

Jul 02, 2020

Perfect! I've enjoyed learning anything as I've enjoyed learning Excel through this course. The instructors are so fun and very smart. once I started the very first practice video, I didn't want to stop! It was so fun and I think I've excelled "excel". I highly recommend it to anyone. I wish Macquarie University would offer us similar courses in the rest of microsoft software.

By HARSHIT A

Aug 17, 2020

Excellent course for beginners as well as for those who are little bit familiar with Excel. Instructors are too good. Assignments and Quizzes are well formed and some of them are slightly challenging. There are many small things in excel that one must know and this perfectly covered aspects. This course surely helped me to learn new skills and now I'm confident in using Excel

By Borges, A

Sep 14, 2020

Although this is a basic Excel class, it's good to take to refresh yourself with the different capabilities in Excel, even if you're a more experienced user. This is an all-around good refresher course that may help even more experienced users do their work more efficiently and effectively with reminders of shortcuts and the additional functionalities available with Excel.

By Adrian V D

Jul 20, 2020

En este curso pude aprender muchisimo de las herramientas de excel, y sobre todo como aplicarlas.

La metodologia de enseñanza del curso es muy buena, ya que practicas mucho los conocimentos que te brindan en las clases, y de esa forma aprendes .

El conocimiento no sirve sino sabes aplicarlo, y este del curso, el de aplicar los conocimientos brindados para que puedas aprender.

By sunkara v k

Mar 21, 2020

A fantastic course for any beginner. You'll get to work on excellent practice challenges and the story mode helps you to remember the excel ways better. They touch on some of the important basic skills needed in this course which makes it wonderful for a beginner. As mentioned throughout this course practice makes permanent so keep on practicing what you have learned. cheers

By Rini O Z Q

Mar 20, 2020

Initially thought this was too much of a basic to me but I do realize that there are some areas of Excel which I previously do not know of. Filling in the missing gaps in my Excel essential knowledge has helped me increase efficiency when working with big data. The course was also easy to understand and videos are kept short and sweet. This would help any beginners to Excel!

By Szilvia G

May 14, 2018

Great course, very clear, very well-organized and pretty easy to follow! I'd like to thank the teachers, they put a huge effort to motivate us, and it worked! I recommend it to everyone desiring to polish his/her knowledge of Excel, or to get acquainted with this program! I hated it before, but now I feel like an expert (kind of), which makes me more confident and happy ! :)

By MOHAMMED F K

Aug 27, 2020

IN THIS COURSE OF SPECIALIZATION EXCEL SKILLS FOR BUSINESS, I HAVE LEARN THE ESSENTIALS OF MICROSOFT EXCEL.I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO EXPERTLY NAVIGATE THE EXCEL USER INTERFACE, PERFORM BASIC CALCULATIONS WITH FORMULAS AND FUNCTIONS, PROFESSIONALLY FORMAT SPREADSHEETS AND CREATE VISUALIZATIONS OF DATA THROUGH CHARTS AND GRAPHS.

I'M VERY THANKFUL TO COURSERA AND MACQUARIE UNIVERSITY

By Melissa

Mar 14, 2019

I´ve been working 14 years, and finally decided it was time to really learn how to be more efficient with Excel. This intro Course was so well done! The practice Videos are well done, very thorough, and explained in a very easy-to-understand ashion. I just started the Intermediate I Course and can´t wait to really hone my skills even further. Really, really awesome Course!

By Stacy Y

Sep 19, 2020

This course goes over basics and provides helpful tips and tricks throughout. There are plenty of opportunities to play around with spreadsheets and practice the techniques from the lessons. I have been using spreadsheets for a while, but I am self-taught. So, while there was a good amount I already knew, there were hidden gems in every set of lessons. I highly recommend!

By S S K

Jul 18, 2020

This course really helpful for the begineers to learn all the basics and to understand all the concepts like formatting,soritng,filtering,charts, cell refernces and lot more. Thanks to niki and prashan for the great explanation in the course. Looking forward to take the remaining course in this specialization. Thank you Macquarie University for giving this valuable course

By Md U H

Aug 14, 2020

I have learned so many things from excel through this course such as use of Freeze panes, conditional formatting, find and replace, sort and filter. Besides, i have learned presenting of line, pie, column chart appropriately. Moreover i have gathered knowledge of some crucial short-cut methods and ninja techniques. Finally thanks to coursera to give us such opportunity.

By Toukir A C

Apr 14, 2020

I loved Sean! He's just become a somebody from a nobody. Both the course instructor Prashan and Nicky explained the topics really well. I have never seen such a well-organized course before! It was fun doing this course in just two days and getting a very satisfactory grade. Thanks to both of you. I'm looking forward to doing the upcoming courses in this specialization.

By Linda K C

Apr 26, 2019

This was a very challenging but well organized course. I feel that I learned more than I believed I would. I liked the set up of the lessons, short lecture, practice then quiz. The final exam was tough but being able to go back and review areas where I was not sure of myself helped me over the line. I plan on enrolling in other courses from this school. Thank you!

By Wei X J F

Jul 28, 2020

Great practical course! I was already able to put what I learnt into creating some useful Excel spreadsheets in a short span of time. I would recommend this course to others if they do not know where to start when learning how to use Excel effectively. My familiarity and efficiency with Excel tools has increased because of this well-structured and professional course.

By VISHNU K D

No matter how skilled we assume ourselves in excel after having worked for the firm and learnt along the way, there were gaps. The gaps in the form of not knowing what that term is or how to do something efficiently or where tools are placed. This course literally helped fill all the gaps and gave a new insight into how things can be done brilliantly and effortlessly.

By Vũ T V T

Mar 24, 2020

A fantastic course for any beginner! You'll get to work on excellent practice challenges and the story mode helps you to remember the excel ways better.

By Sanjay K B

Jul 03, 2020

This is the basic course of Excel Skills which will guide you from scratch if you are not very familiar with Excel. I have found it very useful in order to brush up my basic Excel skills and found out that there are very small tips I have been missing. The materials covered are very implicative and the lecturers are on spot in order to deliver the right set of ideas.

By vaibhav s

Aug 17, 2020

This was the second Excel course offered by Macquarie University. I had a great experience in learning each of the courses. Thank you so much for sharing relevant knowledge in a very convenient manner. Hats off!

I would like to thank specially to Coursera for providing me this opportunity to study the course when I was in the utmost need of it.

Thank you once again.

By Muhammad A T

Apr 09, 2020

Finally my hardwork paid off! It took me 2 weeks to complete this course but it would have been complete earlier because it only requires 19 hours max to complete. To complete this course with reasonable skills it requires sufficient practice and i did it with confidence. Only thing i really appreciate is learning from this course which i have gained magnificently.

By Erika J

Jul 08, 2018

Great course for anyone that has self taught themselves in excel because this helps you understand how excel works. You'll be able to walk away with skills that will help you correct/create formulas, format, create graphics, filter, and apply conditional formatting. I personally learned a few simple tricks to help me work faster in excel. Very easy to follow along!

By Ravindu W

May 03, 2020

Excellent course to understand the basics of Excel with easy to understand tutorial videos and study materials. The course encourages participants to practice along the way by doing the given exercises which makes this course more valuable. This is a must for an Excel beginner as it teaches the basics in an enjoyable manner. Great course! Will 100% recommend it :)

By Prateek M

Jul 26, 2020

It's recommended to take this course and fill in the gaps you may have in Excel as it is mostly self-taught worldwide. Explore the vast set of functionalities it has and practice to perfect those skills you will surely use someday or the other in the Business world. All the concepts were clearly taught by these professors and I was motivated to learn all at once.

By Jennifer P

Mar 30, 2020

Excellent course! I do know how to use excel, nevertheless I followed the advise of starting from the Essential module. There are some nice add on's (shortcuts) that I wasn't aware of. The curse is easy to follow and provides excellent examples and workbooks. Nicky and Prashan are excellent tutors. Congratulations. Looking forward for the following modules.