Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KS

Jun 30, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

KG

Jun 09, 2020

Very good teaching of fundamentals. Everything was explained in a really structured manner. Final assessment was like cherry on the cake as it helped in revisiting what has been taught over the weeks.

251 - 275 of 6,021 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By ANA T

Sep 16, 2019

I find this class very motivating and extremelly helpful! I recently graduated with a degree in Business Administration and I see the importance of having very good excel skills. I'm planning to continue taking these classes until I'm able to master Excel! Thank you for setting up such an exciting and important class for business!

By Priyanshu S

Jun 28, 2020

Starting with another course in this specialization, so it is easily understandable how good this course is, to have a strong foundation, this course is highly recommended. I am going to enroll in the whole specialization as the whole course is structured in a good manner, and made for everyone, also with the one with no knowledge.

By Veronica K

May 02, 2020

Very helpful in learning basic functions of Excel & proper names of things. As an experienced user, I found the videos and practice challenges were extremely useful in teaching more in-depth knowledge, useful shortcuts and detailed descriptions of functions within Excel. I'm excited to move on to the other sections of this course!

By Maria T

Nov 20, 2019

This course is simply amazing. All instructions are provided in a clear manner by both instructors, and the skills i've gained over such a short period of time are simply amazing. It has already made my work much more easier. I didn't know Excel was so much fun! I plan to enroll for the next parts of the course as well. Thank you!

By Yogesh

excellent course before starting this course i dont know much about Excel.Now i know excel really well as practice makes permanent.Thanks to Teacher Nicky and Prashan who made this course and explain it very perfectly."WOW' experience for me.those who dont know much about excel dont think just enroll to this course.Happy learning

By Seif H H E

Apr 29, 2020

THIS course add many information to me. this course is excellent. i have learned in this course how to sum -subtraction-division-multi ply - how to make table- print -furmoula - filter-sort-find and replace - and many many other skills ---- this course is above my expectations - i apprciate and thankful for macquarie university

By Carl D

Apr 12, 2020

Even though i have used excel in my job for many years and basically been self taught - this course has opened my eyes up to lots of functions, short cuts that i was not aware of with save me an excessive amount of time moving forward. I highly recommend doing this cause before trying to do any other more advanced excel courses.

By Rashmi R R

Jun 01, 2020

This course is beneficial, and the instructors have explained the course very nicely. It was helpful for me to learn new things and also some tricks in excel. I will suggest this course to everyone interested in excel. Also, the practice exercises given in the course module were beneficial in brush-up our ideas regarding excel.

By Jeremy L S

Jul 11, 2020

Course is well done for Excel Introduction. All the practice videos and assessments are helpful, but there were some typos on the final assessment for the course. Please revise as the columns are mislabeled on a few questions. Outside of that flawless course and would recommend to anybody looking to hone their Excel skills.

By Sajjadul I

May 12, 2020

This course is tremendous if you expect to start from fundamental of excel learning. However, I believe this program is better favourable for Microsoft Windows users. You will discover some unique ninja techniques as well as crucial learning. Moreover, both instructors created the teaching system more extraordinary & cheerful.

By Abdullah A R

Apr 17, 2020

The assessments were one of the most challenging I had in Coursera. They took basic quizzes after every video to reap the ideas. Also, weekly graded quizzes were there too. Lastly, the final with the limited time was initially very daunting without practice. MUST DO course, as everyone should have the basic knowledge of Excel.

By Tora L C

This course really helped me build confidence with using Excel. It is a pretty comprehensive introduction to Excel basics that was just right for me. A little challenging but not too intimidating. I feel better prepared to use Excel everyday in the workplace and to build on the knowledge gained in this introductory course.

By Karthik N

Jun 30, 2020

It was amazingly structured addressing all types of audience. For me, most of the things were already known. Even then, there would some small feature of Excel which I was not knowing which I learnt through this course. It was gripping and I was hooked on to it right till the end. Amazing pedagogy as well. Kudos to the team!

By Shavell R

Jul 22, 2018

Great introductory course! Lecturers were thorough and made learning fun and the dissecting of information into small chunks at a time, quizzes, weekly challenges and assessments really cemented learning.

Even if you have prior knowledge of Excel, you're guaranteed to learn something new from this course. Highly recommend it!

By Jeannine C

Jul 19, 2020

Straight forward and great curriculum. I like very much :

1) the introduction phase followed by an explanation of what are the students going to explore

2) the various topics followed by a test

3) additional exercises called challenges

4) tricks and tipps

Highly recommend it and I look forward to discovering the next modules.

By Kevin J

An excellent course for newcomers to Excel! I thought the teaching approach style used was extremely helpful. The interim assessments were excellent and done in a very pragmatic style. What felt initially as possibly intimidating was dispensed with from the very first video. The student was made to feel very comfortable and

By Anupam K

Jun 22, 2018

These is an Excellent course for each and everyone, whether you are a working professional or not. It teaches you from basics, you will feel much confident in using Excel after this course. You will be astonished how much you don't know about our humble Excel. Also, its a must course for Business professional handling data.

By Arnab P

Jun 17, 2018

This was a great learning experience. All the courses in this specialization were awesome and the videos were detailed. The first three course assignments were easy, but the advance course did challenge me and took quite a while to complete. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to have an in depth knowledge of excel.

By Zebron C

Jul 17, 2020

I discovered that i had so many gaps in Basic Excel skills. I used excel in a way one uses a scientific calculator for addition and multiplication only. Now I need to practise my newly acquired skills and share my Knowledge with colleagues for better retention. Thank you so much. Will consider going to the next level soon.

By Harshvardhana K

Jul 15, 2020

Very good course. The best part is the quiz after every video. It helps in grasping the concept thoroughly. The course is to the point and I am pretty sure it will help everyone. I suggest anyone who is looking for an Excel course should subscribe to this one and others that come with " Excel for Business course".

By Md A H A

Jun 08, 2020

This is very helpful to me to learn the basics of Microsoft Excel. The instructors gave instructions which helps me to do basics work in Microsoft Excel. They also gave the shortcut key for various options which is helpful to do work quickly. The practice sheets that are given are very beneficial to understand any problem.

By Noah K

Apr 22, 2019

I have, my whole life, been an Excel hunt-'n'-pecker. I've hated searching all over for functions that I knew existed, but could not find anywhere. This course, in 6 weeks, gave a very helpful overview, and also helped me navigate sorting, filters, charts, formulas, and more in an easy to understand way. Thank you so much!

By Md. F H

Jul 20, 2020

It was amazing with our course instructor Mr. Prashan karunaratne and Mrs. Nikki. In this course, I learn deeply about how excel really works. How to customize the data in a very nice and easy way. I'm very glad to achieve this course certificate. Thanks to Coursera for giving such a nice opportunity for students like me.

By Jeannette A

Jun 09, 2020

This is a well structured class, my excel skills are self taught so essentials was really able to fill in some gaps. The practice workbooks are essential and very helpful. The format of the class is well organized and executed. I already feel more confident in my skills and ready to learn more in the intermediate levels.

By S S

Mar 27, 2019

The course has been very well outlined and presented. I really enjoyed doing this course and flexibility of timings and doing it at my convenient phase. I will strongly recommend the course to my friends and is a platform for learning & enhancing the skills on various topics. Looking forward to continue my learning jour