Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

PD

Jun 11, 2020

Practice make permanent is the true line .this line I'm also keep in mind sir.It's very very helpful and the video presentation is really awesome.simple language and more information.thanks for these.

KG

Jun 09, 2020

Very good teaching of fundamentals. Everything was explained in a really structured manner. Final assessment was like cherry on the cake as it helped in revisiting what has been taught over the weeks.

251 - 275 of 4,983 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Mohamad E A K

Mar 04, 2020

It was fun, I have learned so much about things I have never thought I would learn. it was a bit boring but with practicing what makes permanent. Now I can do my own excel and add all the information that I want to learn.. I am looking forward to finishing level 2 of this Excel and master it. Thank you again.

By Iain S

Apr 15, 2019

After working with Excel for over half a decade, I was pretty sure I had covered the basics, and then I studied this course and found a bunch of features I'd never used or known about! A great primer for anyone working with Excel, especially self-taught users like myself who may have missed some of the basics.

By Sylvain P

Jun 07, 2020

Good well built course, i was working with excel 2 years before but just want to make sure i didn't forget my skills as i was mostly self educated in excel. This curse was exactly what i need and the explanations are not too long so you have time to digest it. I think i'm good for a more advanced course now.

By Siddharth B

Kudos to the staff of Macquarie University who taught this course. Practicing on the workbooks alongside the videos really helped me to master the contents in this course. I gained a lot of skills which should help me in the future. Eagerly looking forward to the next course in this specialization series.

By Adarsh

Apr 14, 2020

This course is definitely one of the most well planned course. The way things are taught and how the doubts are clarified from the first session is amazing. The quiz helped me to remember the basics and the challenges helped me to move further and rectify my mistakes. Kudos to the effort put in the course.

By Francesco P S

Aug 18, 2019

Very good foundational course. I would consider myself an intermediate to advanced user, however it was very good practice to review all this material and look forward to the next course. Furthermore, it is important to say that the lecturers are very clear throughout the module, very easy to understand.

By Arslan H

Aug 29, 2018

t

h

I

s

I

s

a great experience with courser to complete my certificate. I'm so glad at the moment and looking forward to get more certificate to enhance my knowledge and practical skill to help my real life.

once again thanks to all my teachers who prepare all the videos slides and test.

Regards,

Arslan Hameed

By RESHMA G

Feb 06, 2019

Extremely useful! especially for those who are self-taught. I thought I knew even the most basic of thigs, but boy was I wrong. Now that I have competed the course, I can see that I waste less time and have higher quality spreadsheets.

The format of the course is very well done and keeps you engaged.

By Rajender C

Jun 19, 2020

it was exciting to go through this course and gained knowledge is very useful. Advice, go from Essentials course through Advanced course in this specialization in sequential order. There are many things to learn in each course no matter what your previous knowledge is. This course was really great.

By Bhaskar D

Jun 08, 2020

Seven Star for this course: Very informative and practical, covering most of the well used tools apt for making any basic Excel user in command of the software. Very Effective. Keep making such impact driven online courses. Look forward to Excel-Intermediate-I, Excel-Intermediate-II, Excel-Advanced.

By Mahtab U S

Apr 22, 2020

It was an awesome experience. Now, I can operate excel way better than before. Many basic elements that make our excel work much faster, I have learned from here. Thank you, mentors. The topic of videos and the quiz question was so effective to evaluate self. I am really glad to part of this course.

By Michael S

Jan 04, 2020

I am surprised at how well this course is laid out! Even though I am self taught and thought that the Essentials course was unnecessary for me, I see now how wrong I was. I have learned so much. The quizzes and practice assignments are well done. I wish I would have taken these classes 10 years ago.

By Olivia S

Sep 27, 2019

Very, very helpful! I thought I was fairly proficient with Excel before this course. However, I wasn't using most tools to their full potential. I was amazed during every lessons at the tricks that I did not know. This class is easy to understand, easy to follow, and provides practical practice.

By Rujul B

Mar 10, 2019

Excellent Course. Provide detailed insights about the basic functions across the Excel. The assignments and practice working challenge will make you clear about basic concepts and practice quiz has been arranged to make more efficient. If you are looking forward to learn the basic excel, this is it.

By Erika F M

May 29, 2019

It was a very informative course. And I enjoyed the challenges. I now understand how effective excel in daily life. I am up to more challenges, and I'll jump into the next level of the course and aim to finish it. The goal is to learn and use the knowledge at work so I can be an efficient employee.

By subah p

Mar 31, 2020

The course is so planned that it is easy to understand and the pace is great for someone who is working or studying and has a tight schedule as the practice videos are for 5 to 6 minutes and practice test does not take more than 15 minutes. I am really satisfied with the course and will do more .

By Rezart S

Dec 21, 2019

Excellent course. I just wished that instead of a lot of questions like true and false, for each week they should have had a couple of long quizzes similar to that final test after the 6th week. Overall satisfied though and it was a great refresher since I haven't really used Excel for years now.

By Carol K

Jul 02, 2019

This was a nice refresher for someone who uses Excel a lot, but doesn't do a lot of heavy data work. It will help you learn all of the tips and tricks to get your work done faster and more efficiently. It's a nice way to whet your appetite for the Intermediate courses which I highly recommend too.

By Ajay K S

Jun 26, 2020

It is worth a five star rating. You have left no room for candidate to pass without learning /understanding / practicing properly / in right proportion. However his /her expertise still lies in his practice.

Bravo team. Excellent way of teaching that too online when someone may cheat for passing.

By Bhavya M

Jun 01, 2020

I enjoyed learning the basics of Excel. The faculty of Maquire has fabulously handled each lesson. The final assessment was a great learning exercise covering almost all the practical concepts that were discussed. This course has given me confidence and removed my fear to deal with spreadsheets.

By Juan A M A

Jun 27, 2018

I liked the way the course it's organized. I already had previous experience with Excel, but still this course gave me the chance to reinforce the basics and to learn some new tips and tricks, It's great that you can keep learning anywhere, anytime- There's no excuse to stop learning. Thank you.

By Ilyes L M

Jan 14, 2020

This course is very important and teaches you all the essentials and basics that everyone needs in his work or daily life. After finishing this course I become more professional using Excel and now, I can do my tasks in very short time, so I will impress my manager at work. Thank you very much.

By Monica H

Oct 28, 2018

I am an engineering student and this is absolutely perfect for what I am trying to acheive and advance my knowledge in! I am so grateful I ran into this course on here. I have tried other courses online (not through Coursera) and they just don't get into the detailing that this course gives me!

By Kelly H

Aug 28, 2018

Thorough coverage of the basic terminology, navigational skills, and baseline understandings needed to begin growing your Excel know-how. My work has led to a lot of self-teaching so much of this was review, but there were some excellent time-savers and explanations that I'm glad I didn't miss!

By Fernando Z S

Feb 10, 2018

I loved this course! I really enjoyed how Prashan and Nicky explain things and how they encourage us to do what's necessary to learn. I already had some experience with Excel, but this Essentials course allowed me to fill some gaps. Thank you so much! And see you in the Intermediate I course :)