Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

PD

Jun 11, 2020

Practice make permanent is the true line .this line I'm also keep in mind sir.It's very very helpful and the video presentation is really awesome.simple language and more information.thanks for these.

KG

Jun 09, 2020

Very good teaching of fundamentals. Everything was explained in a really structured manner. Final assessment was like cherry on the cake as it helped in revisiting what has been taught over the weeks.

151 - 175 of 4,984 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Nabeel M

Oct 30, 2018

I am very happy and feel proud after completing this course. I got valuable skills. This course will be beneficial for me to get more opportunities. I really appreciate Macquarie University to make such great content of this course and also thanks to Coursera to provide the access to this great course. I will suggest this course to my friends and relatives.

Overall Excellent*****

Thanks.

By Joni H

Jun 23, 2018

I dreaded taking an Excel course because some videos that I tried before were too dull to continue. This course was much different. I had fun learning from Prashan and Nicky! Their videos were fun, but straightforward and encouraging. The short quizzes and videos kept me motivated. I now can see the value in Excel after learning how useful it can be through this course. This was great!

By Vipul J

May 03, 2020

Even though i have intermediate knowledge of excel, this course still have various this which i didn't know or i had never used like they showed us. Really impressed by how the instructor explain each thing step by step and also how the challenges are made and literally have steps which guide us through out the challenges and the shortcuts provided at the end of each week are amazing.

Nov 24, 2019

I am giving 5 STAR to this course because in this course, both the tutors Prashan Sir and Nikky ma'am taught the Essential Skills For Operating Excel in very easy way and most effective manner. I am glad by getting these tutors. I am really very happy after completing the course. Thank you so much Coursera for providing us the best tutors like Prashan Sir and Nikky ma'am. Thank you.

By Fabián A Q L

Apr 03, 2020

Excelente curso para iniciar y repasar muchos conceptos básicos sobre este programa, felicito a sus creadores y sería excelente si tuviera traducción al español para todos los hispanos que no manejan mucho el ingles. Mil gracias por ese esfuerzo tan grane que hace la universidad de MACQUARIE para dar este contenido y a COURSERA por permitir el acceso y participación en este curso.

By kamalakannan

Jun 27, 2020

I am very happy to earn this certificate for MS Excel from Macquarie University. This is great fundamental course for MS Excel , which deals with basic concepts of Excel. I will definitely recommend this course to my colleagues and my juniors who want to start a career as data analyst. I am going to enroll in Excel Intermediate I tomorrow. Thanks a lot to Nicky and her colleague.

By Ajune K

Apr 09, 2020

Overall, a very interesting course. Keeps you enagaged throughout. Even tho I was familiar with the basics of Excel before, this course still had some very useful information which I didn't know.

I am looking forward to the Second Course which i'll start in this week also. Thank You!!

Only Con: One has to take the whole final quiz again, even tho, if he gets only 1 question wrong.

By AKSHAY A

Jun 14, 2020

It was my very first course to learn MS-Excel, which I enjoyed quite a lot. Thanks to the course instructors of Macquarie University. The course is designed with so many real downloadable exercises which I found to be very helpful.

I recommend this course if you have no prior experience with MS-Excel and want to learn it in less time.

( I practiced this course in Windows 10 O.S )

By Audrey C

Feb 18, 2020

I would like to thanks Coursera for giving me this opportunity to follow courses online to build up my Excel. The courses in MS Office delivered in my country are very different compared to Macquire University which is clearly and gives us tricky things so that you can apply in the workplace. Thanks again a lot. Eager to move the Intermediate and Advance level. Thanks a lot

By Mariam A

Jul 02, 2020

Perfect! I've enjoyed learning anything as I've enjoyed learning Excel through this course. The instructors are so fun and very smart. once I started the very first practice video, I didn't want to stop! It was so fun and I think I've excelled "excel". I highly recommend it to anyone. I wish Macquarie University would offer us similar courses in the rest of microsoft software.

By sunkara v k

Mar 21, 2020

A fantastic course for any beginner. You'll get to work on excellent practice challenges and the story mode helps you to remember the excel ways better. They touch on some of the important basic skills needed in this course which makes it wonderful for a beginner. As mentioned throughout this course practice makes permanent so keep on practicing what you have learned. cheers

By Rini O Z Q

Mar 20, 2020

Initially thought this was too much of a basic to me but I do realize that there are some areas of Excel which I previously do not know of. Filling in the missing gaps in my Excel essential knowledge has helped me increase efficiency when working with big data. The course was also easy to understand and videos are kept short and sweet. This would help any beginners to Excel!

By Szilvia G

May 14, 2018

Great course, very clear, very well-organized and pretty easy to follow! I'd like to thank the teachers, they put a huge effort to motivate us, and it worked! I recommend it to everyone desiring to polish his/her knowledge of Excel, or to get acquainted with this program! I hated it before, but now I feel like an expert (kind of), which makes me more confident and happy ! :)

By Melissa

Mar 14, 2019

I´ve been working 14 years, and finally decided it was time to really learn how to be more efficient with Excel. This intro Course was so well done! The practice Videos are well done, very thorough, and explained in a very easy-to-understand ashion. I just started the Intermediate I Course and can´t wait to really hone my skills even further. Really, really awesome Course!

By Toukir A C

Apr 14, 2020

I loved Sean! He's just become a somebody from a nobody. Both the course instructor Prashan and Nicky explained the topics really well. I have never seen such a well-organized course before! It was fun doing this course in just two days and getting a very satisfactory grade. Thanks to both of you. I'm looking forward to doing the upcoming courses in this specialization.

By Linda K C

Apr 26, 2019

This was a very challenging but well organized course. I feel that I learned more than I believed I would. I liked the set up of the lessons, short lecture, practice then quiz. The final exam was tough but being able to go back and review areas where I was not sure of myself helped me over the line. I plan on enrolling in other courses from this school. Thank you!

By VISHNU K D

No matter how skilled we assume ourselves in excel after having worked for the firm and learnt along the way, there were gaps. The gaps in the form of not knowing what that term is or how to do something efficiently or where tools are placed. This course literally helped fill all the gaps and gave a new insight into how things can be done brilliantly and effortlessly.

By Vũ T V T

Mar 24, 2020

A fantastic course for any beginner! You'll get to work on excellent practice challenges and the story mode helps you to remember the excel ways better.

By Sanjay K B

Jul 03, 2020

This is the basic course of Excel Skills which will guide you from scratch if you are not very familiar with Excel. I have found it very useful in order to brush up my basic Excel skills and found out that there are very small tips I have been missing. The materials covered are very implicative and the lecturers are on spot in order to deliver the right set of ideas.

By Muhammad A T

Apr 09, 2020

Finally my hardwork paid off! It took me 2 weeks to complete this course but it would have been complete earlier because it only requires 19 hours max to complete. To complete this course with reasonable skills it requires sufficient practice and i did it with confidence. Only thing i really appreciate is learning from this course which i have gained magnificently.

By Erika J

Jul 08, 2018

Great course for anyone that has self taught themselves in excel because this helps you understand how excel works. You'll be able to walk away with skills that will help you correct/create formulas, format, create graphics, filter, and apply conditional formatting. I personally learned a few simple tricks to help me work faster in excel. Very easy to follow along!

By Ravindu W

May 03, 2020

Excellent course to understand the basics of Excel with easy to understand tutorial videos and study materials. The course encourages participants to practice along the way by doing the given exercises which makes this course more valuable. This is a must for an Excel beginner as it teaches the basics in an enjoyable manner. Great course! Will 100% recommend it :)

By Jennifer P

Mar 30, 2020

Excellent course! I do know how to use excel, nevertheless I followed the advise of starting from the Essential module. There are some nice add on's (shortcuts) that I wasn't aware of. The curse is easy to follow and provides excellent examples and workbooks. Nicky and Prashan are excellent tutors. Congratulations. Looking forward for the following modules.

By Abhinav K

Aug 23, 2019

Truly excellent course. The explanation of even the smallest details, alternate functions for different commands and keyboard shortcuts have really made navigation through the sheets and working on excel very easy. The thoughtful assessments where we were required to work alongside rather than answer questions based on our memory assisted in mastering the skills.

By Joe H

Apr 05, 2020

Overall a great course! There is a little disconnect within the final two chapters if you have an older Excel program. Mine as a 2007 version was missing some info from the 2016 formats being displayed. This is somewhat forewarned prior to lessons. Nonetheless, a fun and interactive course that surprisingly made me feel comfortable and proficient in no time!