Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KS

Jun 30, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

PD

Jun 11, 2020

Practice make permanent is the true line .this line I'm also keep in mind sir.It's very very helpful and the video presentation is really awesome.simple language and more information.thanks for these.

101 - 125 of 5,988 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Carl F

Nov 11, 2018

Five years from completing my BS in Accounting, three years from completing my MACC, and three years into a Governmental Accounting position, I feel qualified to state the "Excel Skills for Business: Essentials" course is a great refresher. It renews my interest and refreshes my desire to learn more. I am excited to continue with the next course in the series Excel Skills for Business Specialization: Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate. Hopefully you will enjoy it as I have.

By Samyak J

Mar 19, 2020

The course is very well structured and kudos to the whole team for delivering it with such articulation and effectiveness, it so made the entire course easy to understand and also a fun learning experience at the same time. I love how they make you revisit the concepts that you've learnt in the previous weeks in the practice challanges which really helps in making the concepts permanent. I really enjoyed the course and I am looking forward to more courses with the institution.

By Maripaz G R

Jul 26, 2020

This is a wonderful practice for me. They were terminologies that I am familiar with but do not know their functions. On the other hand, some terms are completely foreign to me and don't know anything about its functions. Now, I am confident that whenever I open excel I won't be as fearful as I used to be. Thank you to the lecturers for presenting this course well. I am proud I finished this course ahead of schedule and with full understanding. Next Excel Course, shall we?

By Leah V

Jan 02, 2020

I really enjoyed learning through this course. I feel I have so much more knowledge of Excel now and am confident to use these skills in my new workplace. I felt challenged by the material but at the same time, empowered to complete it. The instructors were fantastic and I very much enjoyed the video and workbook format. I definitely recommend this course to anyone wishing to learn the most useful and common Excel skills to use in the workplace and in your personal life.

By pamela a

Dec 28, 2017

OMG!!! I hadn't challenged myself since I graduated from college 25+ years ago. I finished the course sooner than 6 weeks & I'm so proud of myself. I really enjoyed this course as I'm better equipped to make adjustments on my reports now. I intend to take the Intermediate levels because we use Pivot Tables and I have my struggles with that issue too. Thanks for making this available for people like me who want to learn at home and need to know Excel in the work place.

By Rajat R

Jul 29, 2020

At first I was skeptical regarding which course to choose as there were many available, but I am now, after completing the course, 100% sure that I made the right decision. This course offered by Macquarie University, Sydney, and mentored by amazing people like Dr. Prashan and Nicky is a top-notch specialization course of MS Excel. I am looking forward to complete the Course 2 i.e. Excel Intermediate level. Thank you very much! #PracticeMakesPermanent #EveryoneSayWow

By Akshay D

Apr 12, 2020

An excellent course for those who are just starting excel or are come back to working with excel after sometime. Fluidly clears all fundamentals of Excel. Excellent !!!.

Few new things I learnt in Payout, Design and Headers and Footers in Excel as well !!.

Thank you for the superb flow of the videos, practice questions and quizzes to ensure I am hooked on to it. And as correctly mentioned, with excel it is 'Practice, Practice and Pratice'.

Grateful !!!.

Akshay Damani

By HANI S

Apr 22, 2019

When I joined this course, I was in doubt that whether I'd be able to learn enough from just one part of this course or if I did a mistake joining this... but after two or three videos I was in love with the way they teach, quizzes and all. This the first time I learnt something in online mode and I have to say it was really very comfortable and fun studying here on coursera.. and I think I'm going to take the rest of the parts of this course.. Thank you Coursera.

By jayant s

Jan 27, 2018

An absolute must for anyone who is into any kind of office job. The course is very aptly titled "Essentials" and it covers all of them. Even if you are familiar with the basics of excel, you would likely become more efficient in your work. Cannot thank the team from Coursera and Macquarie University enough for putting this together. The illustrations were excellent and practical, which kept the interest going. I am going for the entire specialization straightaway!

By Sivabalan B

Jul 06, 2020

Excellent course for excel skills needed for business essentials. One could understand the basic of excel and its components, performing calculations using the formulas and functions, various formatting and alignment tools, working with data (simple and complex as well), customizing and printing the data and create/edit the chart and its associated data. By taking this course, one would be comfortable working with excel for business as well as home needs. :-) :-)

By Alexandrina

May 05, 2020

I have learnt a lot from this course! Before doing it I thought "May be I should do Advanced, because I know excel". However, I quickly realized that the foundations are very important part of excel and if you are not very familiar with them you will be in trouble later! I recommend it, as being probably the best excel course out there. Absolutely helpful, useful and most of all making sure you understand everything. I can not thank you enough for this course!

By Prajakta C

Jul 10, 2020

I enjoyed the course very much. It was easily understandable, nicely presented and well coordinated.

The instructors were very precise and clear regarding a ll the instructions throughout the course. The weekly challenges were very helpful to have a quick recap of the week's learning.

All in all, I am very impressed by my improvement after taking this course and will surely continue with the other courses in this specialization course.

Thank you very much!

By Mary L M

Jun 28, 2020

Great Course, Easy to complete. The only problem I would have is that the wording of some of the questions can be confusing. Other than that the course is a great introduction to folks who want to learn more about excel. Personally I self-taught myself on the basics of Excel, but this course actually taught me new tips and tricks I did not know you could do on excel. I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to expand their knowledge of Microsoft Excel.

By Sarthak J

Mar 29, 2020

Very Informative course, as a beginner I would really suggest going through this course to enhance your Excel skills to a very good extend and as of a starter pack this the best course out there to learn excel and be proficient in it. At some point, it becomes difficult to pass the quizzes but at the end of the day, it's worth it. I really liked this course and would highly recommend to anyone who wants to have a hands-on experience in excel as a starter.

By Enrica B

Apr 01, 2020

I use Excel everyday, therefore I knew the greatest part of the topic covered. However I got the chance to learn lots of tips and tricks and to deepen my knowledge in order to face better the next steps. The course is very well made, simple and effective. Even if English is not my mother tongue and I'm exercising on a Mac set in Italian (this means that many setting are very different, including the name of themes etc.) it was very simple to understand.

By Jennifer W

Feb 24, 2018

This course was very easy to follow, even though I was using an older (2007) version of Excel. If I was having any trouble finding a tool that has moved or changed in the newer versions of Excel, it was simple to pause the video while I looked for the right tool, then start again once I had what I needed. The quizzes made sure you not only received the information in the videos, but understood it well enough to take problems a step further on your own

By Hagverdiyeva O

Nov 25, 2019

I highly recommend to take this course if you are beginner in Excel. Especially if your job requires advanced usage of excel and you are stile beginner, this course will be the best to brush up basic knowledge, functions and terminology of Excel.

I have graduated political science and in my field I have never used Excel for presentations, collecting data. So it was high priority for me to learn basics of excel before going to another Excel courses.

By Prachurya S

Jul 25, 2020

Thank you Prashant and Nikki for giving such nice online training. Your way of teaching is very good and both of you make things easily understandable also I will love to get some personal assistant because I had already enrolled for the excel intermediate skills. So if there is a way I can somehow connect with you to get my doubts clear it will be very good. Lastly, thank you Coursera for giving such a nice course.

Warm Regards,

Prachurya Sarma

By Ramin M

Aug 13, 2019

As a essential course for getting started with MS Excel, it was complete, comprehensive and practical. I like what I have learned new skills with Excel and I would like to continue for more advanced courses because I feel I will learn a lot of useful new things if I continue with next courses. I also like the way this course was organized and presented as an online course.

Thank you very much to the instructors of this course.

Ramin Madani

By Heike S

Apr 08, 2019

The course was exactly what I wanted. Very well-explained and clear. Also fun, and I learnt a lot of information which will be really useful.

This is a very good course! The best online course I've ever had. The structure, the order in which material is given, the difficulty of the course are very thought over. And the most important, I feel that the course is very effective. I really enjoyed all the quizzes and assignments of the course.

By HENRY O N

Jun 13, 2020

Richly packaged. Provides the essential requirements to excel in Advanced Excel packages. I found it very interesting and it provided the missing links in my Excel knowledge. I love the Absolute and Sheet Referencing very much. They both have been a nightmare, but I can confidently carry out calculations using the tools with ease. It is a programme worth taking. Thank you University of Macquarie. Now, I boldly teach Excel in my office.

By Fahad A

Jul 18, 2020

A very easy and well planned course that's well executes. Moreover, the quizzes after each and every video ensures the student is learning and helps you remember what you learn. The instructors are quite experienced, they teach exactly according to a beginner's level, and keep the potential problems that a beginner can face in mind in every lecture. Provided you are consistent with the tests and videos you will definitely learn a lot.

By Anuj K

Apr 06, 2020

I always used to be scared of spreadsheet software. Thanks to the instructors on this course, I am now able to see and apply the beauty, productivity and smartness of Microsoft Excel. Thank you so much guys. You are absolutely brilliant at teaching and it was a joy to learn from you.

If you are scared of Excel, this is the course made for you. I am enjoying it so much that I can not wait to start the next course in the Specialization.

By Mamdouh F

I hope that my review reaches every single person who contributed to the success of this course. I am grateful to Niki, Pershan and to all those behind the scene working to offer such a high-quality course for those looking to learn Excel professionally. I would ,undoubtedly, recommend this course from Macquarie University; it's taught in a very well-organized way and has a lot of challenging and stimulating exercises and questions.

By Chris G

Oct 23, 2019

Excellent course. I've been using Excel for years and I was certain this was too basic for me - while there were certainly some very simple methods that I wasn't using (and wasting heaps of time).

If you're self-taught at Excel - no matter how much experience you have I would highly recommend this.

PS - If you're trying to get through the course quickly you can do so in a few days so don't let the 6 Week time frame worry you.

Enjoy!