Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. The best way to learn Excel is to use Excel. In this course, learners will solve a broad range of business problems as they apply the Excel skills and techniques they learn along the way. This course uses downloadable Excel workbooks and full data sets with applied examples and practical challenge exercises. This provides learners with countless opportunities to practice their Excel skills while discovering new and useful productivity features of Excel for a variety of business contexts. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KS
Jun 29, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

RB
Aug 28, 2019

The course was defiantly more than I expected. It not only strengthened what I did know about Excel but it showed me several options that I was not using or haven't found. I would highly recommend it.

9726 - 9750 of 10,000 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Afzal

Aug 21, 2020

hello !

The Course topics is clear and planned well.

lots of tiny Quizzes Make us to practice everything we learn .

there was a little problem with some quizzes that need inputs in answers that couldn't recognize your answers .

Finally this was a great course with an easy pass.

Thanks !! God Bless.

By Charity I

Jun 12, 2020

Great course for learning Excel. My biggest challenge is that my company has only issued an iPad, so many features in this course are not accessible in the app version of Excel, so I was unable to practice/use for quizzes Would like to have a course option for app only excel features.

By Carmel C

Mar 23, 2020

Very good course. It is clear, and gives you worksheets to practice in, to help you remember everything. However, I think there may be mistakes in the final Assessment tests, where their data doesnt match the data we are given, therefore you may miss an answer on the test. I dont know??

By Shimada, G

Aug 31, 2020

Great order of progression and explanation. I don't know if more of the topics are planned for Intermediate but would like more explanations of charts and it's components. Would like to know if we could bypass lessons for those tasks and tools that I already are familiar with.

By Amit K

Feb 8, 2019

this a very good course for beginners, however it required some more content or some more advance level for the people who are working already with the excel

I have learned so many new things I can say still some would have learned with some more chapters in the course

By Emre K

Dec 2, 2018

Essentials course is designed for excel users with little working knowledge or no prior experience. However it is also useful for self- taught learners with working knowledge that would like to understand excel terminology and improve efficiency and speed in basic operations.

By José M L V

Oct 28, 2018

Estuvo muy bien, me ayudo a repasar lo que he estado haciendo durante muchos años en EXCEL, aprendí tips y atajos para hacer los trabajos más rápido. Solamente que algunas traducciones no son muy precisas y la versión a veces no da el mismo resultado. en general muy bueno.

By Maxim B

Jan 27, 2021

Great course; some elements are not fully compatible with Mac which makes doing exercises - sometimes - a guesswork, because functions in Mac are laid out differently and this affects the correct answer in the test. Otherwise very useful, many thx. On to the next one)

By William H

Dec 26, 2020

I really enjoyed the course overall, but brief review sessions or guided study options before the final would be helpful. The instructors were great and it was easy to follow, the time estimates are a little conservative so don't be too scared of the time commitment.

By Kara S

Oct 7, 2019

Excellent opportunity to practice and review prior to taking quizzes and assessments. There were some compatibility issues with my 2007 version of Excel that made it difficult to score higher on certain quizzes, however definitely worth the money to take this course.

By Patrick M

Oct 15, 2020

The course became a little sloppy as it went on the wording of the questions are less clear and more designed to trip you up than to assess your knowledge. The course should also be reviewed to be sure what is being taught is consistent with the latest version Excel

By BhavanaRav

Jun 2, 2020

It was a good journey with coursera where I learned one more essential skill, practiced and gained knowledge on how to work on Excel. The teaching was good and the assessment and quiz helped me to improve my skills and now I'm confident to take up any work on excel.

By Syed F A

May 15, 2020

The lessons were arranged in a way that gave me a sense of progression. The tutorials and the optional materials were very intuitive. Overall, the course does exactly what it says, teaches one the basics of excel to build a strong foundation for the advanced skills.

By Luis R A

Jun 15, 2020

It's a very basic course. Excellent for people who are really new to Excel.

If you have some experience with Excel I you shouldn't take it, you are just going to get bore. There are something I did learn from this course but I knew most of what they were teaching.

By Aster Z

Feb 20, 2018

I have learned a lot. I only wish that the course took only 4 weeks, so I didn't have to pay an extra months pay. I didn't try to do two weeks work at one time therefore not sure if it was possible to finish in one week though. Thank you for making it available.

l

By shubh r

Aug 6, 2020

its wonderful course provided by Macquarie University. teaching and explaining of concept is outstanding! I loved this course so much that i have done this 6 weeks course ,within a week ! I highly recommend you to do so ... you will not regret for sure . thanks

By Vítor F F

Aug 13, 2020

The course is extremely boring, but it gets the job done: they go trhough the essentials in detail and it is a quick but educative course. (you can speed everthing up a lot by sickiping the blablabla with the keyboard arrow, the videos end up being 2min each).

By Ka C S C

Jan 8, 2021

Instructors are amazing in encouraging learners to explore more and has demonstrated some cool skills for Excels beginners. But if they also do it in MacOS and to introduce us to some memorization methods for keyboard shortcuts, that would be ever better! :)

By Plabita D S

Mar 30, 2020

It was really well explained, and interesting too. There's only one improvement I'd like to suggest : Make it a bit more detailed in terms of width - for instance, show how to make more types of charts, etc. Even without that, it is quite a good course :)

By Matthew C

Aug 31, 2018

I found out I was doing everything the hard way. If you are self taught like me, I would def not skip this and go straight to next levels, worth it. I would take off a .25 of a star for not being aware enough to explain the differences on the Mac version.

By Marco P

Feb 28, 2020

Good course to learn the very basics. I took it to have a good knowledge base to take the further courses in the specialization. Worth taking also if you already have some knowledge in Excel, as it explains the rules behind the working of excel. Useful.

By lisarichsews

Jan 27, 2021

This is a must have, course is well done and enjoyed the Professors. the testing could use some help in the formatting. It is somewhat difficult and confusing to scrolls through blank pages looking for the proper box to click. Reformat Tests Please!

By Nelson C R

Nov 1, 2018

To be very honest with you, I think there are some glitches in the final assessment and the course should take in account that many people use Excel in less recent versions and in other languages...but otherwise, it´s ok. I certainly learned something

By Harrison T

All of the very basics are included. Would recommend for anyone who has experience already in Excel. I had limited experience and found it very easy. Only take it if you really have never used Excel. It is pretty good if you are an absolute beginner.

By Bharath M

Mar 18, 2019

This was indeed a very excellent beginner tutorial to learn excel. I am giving 4 stars as the into videos of them talking is just waste of time..Why dont we just get to the point straight away instead of wasting time. Apart from that quality is good.