Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. The best way to learn Excel is to use Excel. In this course, learners will solve a broad range of business problems as they apply the Excel skills and techniques they learn along the way. This course uses downloadable Excel workbooks and full data sets with applied examples and practical challenge exercises. This provides learners with countless opportunities to practice their Excel skills while discovering new and useful productivity features of Excel for a variety of business contexts. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

RB
Aug 28, 2019

The course was defiantly more than I expected. It not only strengthened what I did know about Excel but it showed me several options that I was not using or haven't found. I would highly recommend it.

KS
Jun 29, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

9751 - 9775 of 10,000 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Charlotte A

Aug 11, 2020

The lectures were easy to understand and follow,. the instructors were very clear and easy to understand. I am looking forward to the next level. I managed to complete the course within the 7 day target I had set for myself.

By Swapneel D

Jun 6, 2020

The course is brilliant and easy to cope up with. Some of the quizzes were tedious especially the last one. But enjoyed the course overall! Definitely going to recommend it to my colleagues as self-taught Excel isn't enough!

By Adil R

Jan 15, 2020

Amazing course with well thoughtful guidance through entire course. Everything was fantastic and there is still room for improvement to upgrade this course for advanced learners. But overall appreciate the course curriculum.

By Rajesh k

Jun 12, 2020

I enjoy this course. i can improve my knowledge about of excel in this course. A solid overview of the core skills necessary to use Excel productively. I would recommend it to anyone looking to start using Excel effectively

By Vidya K

Jul 31, 2020

The videos were good and it was so understandable. The videos being short was quite not boring and nice to see separate videos to explain each of the concepts. And also, having a practice test after each video was useful.

By Mihaela A

Jul 29, 2020

The work file for the final assessment has one or 2 errors (one might be because of my excel version):

there are no duplicate cases - so 2 questions are wrong

the pie chart doesn't work when adding the data to stats sheet

By Geraldine R

May 22, 2019

This is the best Excel course that I have done. I did a 2 hr introductory course about 20 years ago and I did an online course elsewhere last year. Thank you for showing options for both Excel for PC and Excel for Mac.

By Walter Y

Aug 5, 2020

The learning objectives are below my level, so I've rated it ****. I think I skipped almost all practice videos - I'm sure I could learn quite a load of tricks. I guess I'll review them, one day. Thx, Nicky and Prashan.

By MarQuisha K

Aug 1, 2020

It was an experience to say the least, I am happy and pleased with the knowledge level after completing the course . Very pleased with the instructors and the pep talks in the video , great way to encourage completion.

By Abhishek M

Jun 13, 2020

I Liked this course,this course is very useful for those people who never used excel and starting to learning excel. but sometimes it show wrong answer which i submitted.

But overall this course is very useful for me.

By Rohit K

Jul 9, 2020

all the basic essential learning material is covered. the alternating lecture videos and practice quiz helped for better and thorough understanding. Homework material ( optional ) is also available for more practice.

By David

Mar 13, 2021

I found this course to be a helpful refresher on the functionality of Excel. It requires you to memorize function titles and their general purposes. There are also tons of practice workbooks. I recommend this class.

By Chizumi O

Aug 29, 2021

It was informative and I learned some new tricks from the course. This was my first time to take structured Excel course and I missed learning some little things as I self-learn Excel before this course. Thank you.

By Thabile K

Nov 4, 2020

The instructors we clearly and try to explain well for every week. Forums were very helpful. I am grateful to have been enrolled for this course it has improved my skills so much and help me a lot in my work place

By Qinghu L

Oct 10, 2020

there are some new info which I have not considered before. Most contents are too simple, but there is always some news here and there. It is still good for reviewing basic excel knowledge and for testing onesown.

By Mohammad I H C

Jun 1, 2020

This course is very effective for beginners to clear their concept; how excel is used in day to day life in a business organization. This course help me in that way and make me advanced me to learn advanced excel.

By David M

May 8, 2019

Excel is a lot more challenging than I expected. So much I didn't know. But i like how the course progresses step by step and assesses you along the way. SO one has chance to practice and ingrain what is learned.

By Koustubh L

Aug 13, 2020

Very useful and understandable course. They have paid good attention to making it valuable and easy to comprehend ar the same time. Could do better with explaining compatibilities across different Excel versions.

By Yogesh Y

Apr 10, 2020

It was one of the greatest courses I ever been learned, Course instructor was amazing and they created very good quizzes and practical questions and definitely it will make other sean keen in the field of excel.

By Amanda M

Jun 15, 2020

Wish it you could take the course as an un-audited course without a certificate but it was a really great foundational Excel course. I feel like I learned so much and I have a lot of previous Excel experience.

By Michael J P

Nov 28, 2018

The course was very good and I would recommend it to anyone needing to get started with Excel or to anyone needing a refresher whom also wants to use it as a jumping off point for more in-depth Excel learning.

By Nigel C

Apr 14, 2020

Contains all the basic knowledge and is well explained in the videos. At times the course is incredibly tedious but it contains everything required to help you attain a good working knowledge of basic excel.

By Hans Z

Apr 7, 2020

Excellent course very clear and to the point. Easy to follow with assignment sheets. Got many fine tips except the Japanese Excel Format artist. Completely out of context one star down. The course is awesome

By Angela W

Oct 3, 2020

Good Structured course. It would be nice if there is a place to access the same Excel program in the course. I struggle in some areas where I have limited access to the Excel program on my end. Thank you

By Luna E

Sep 2, 2020

Took a lot less than the time suggested, but learned as much as I'd hoped! Some of the explanation videos were a bit long and some of the exercises tedious, but that is to be expected every now and then.