Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KG

Jun 09, 2020

Very good teaching of fundamentals. Everything was explained in a really structured manner. Final assessment was like cherry on the cake as it helped in revisiting what has been taught over the weeks.

KS

Jun 30, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

276 - 300 of 5,807 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Amar K

Jun 26, 2020

the course was awesome. It was really engaging, if you don't believe it then let me tell you that I finished the course in 4 days.

I thank all the instructors from the bottom of my heart. thank you very much for making this course this much interesting. I am proud to say that I am your student.

thank you very much!

By Luis F C

Apr 27, 2020

The content is very well created, organized and accurate; I will definitely recommend this course to my colleagues. I learned some ways on my own in this "Excel world", but after this course, despite it was the essentials one, I learned so many new tricks and ways to do better what I thought I had mastered before.

By Param R

Jul 17, 2018

Very good for beginners. Informative and they really guide you through everything they teach, but they need to add a little more to address the differences between windows and mac. I had to repeat one of the tests 3 times because they use windows while teaching and I use mac. Otherwise a must have for excel users.

By Chirag P

Jul 10, 2020

Informative, precise, crisp! The workbooks are the most effective way to practice, and after completing the lectures of whole week you can implement it comprehensively in the weekly challenge section. I am looking forward to master the paramount skills of Excel by attending all the courses in this specialization.

By Alex K

Jun 24, 2020

Amazing course! I took this program to maintain my already obtained knowledge after I pursued excel specialist certification from microsoft. I am gonna be taking Excel expert certification from microsoft and using this specialization to kinda stay in the Excel theme and gain more knowledge. thank you to teachers.

By Samir S S

May 07, 2020

This is by far one of the best excel courses I have come across. Lots of practice materials, really well designed course to have a good brush up of skills. Instructors should take a bow for creating great quality journey for the students. Really recommended and looking forward to doing the next one in the series.

By Tanvir M

May 03, 2020

The contents and the exams are surprisingly organized. I am thankful to the course instructors whose friendly and supportive approach made me learn such an essential skills of excel. Looking forward to the Intermediate courses of this series. I hope to find the same instructors in the next courses, if not better.

By ryan m

Jun 12, 2019

This was my first course using coursera and I was pleasantly surprised how great and easy it is to use. I enjoyed being able to watch a video and work alongside the instructor. Once you feel comfortable with the topic at hand, you can complete the exercise and quiz for each section. It was a great learning tool!

By Ricardo R A

Jun 02, 2020

Excellent couse. Eventhough I had previous skills for Excel (which I considered as Intermediate level), this course taught me several new tools which I had never used before and which will be definitely handy at my workplace. In a few words, I highly recommend to take the course even for non-starters students.

By Faisal K

Apr 12, 2020

this course help to learn a student that how can he or she manage or work on its excel primarily.those who don't know anything (or have a little knowledge) about excel or heard the first time they can give a try. through this course, definitely anyone will learn about excel to use in most regular numeric work.

By Chintan M

Apr 02, 2020

This is an extremely well build course. I am super happy to share my experience. I would love to thank the professors who have taught every basic element of excel. The course is very well designed right from the first session. Looking forward to complete the specialization. A big Thank You to Coursera as well!

By Mohamad E A K

Mar 04, 2020

It was fun, I have learned so much about things I have never thought I would learn. it was a bit boring but with practicing what makes permanent. Now I can do my own excel and add all the information that I want to learn.. I am looking forward to finishing level 2 of this Excel and master it. Thank you again.

By Iain S

Apr 15, 2019

After working with Excel for over half a decade, I was pretty sure I had covered the basics, and then I studied this course and found a bunch of features I'd never used or known about! A great primer for anyone working with Excel, especially self-taught users like myself who may have missed some of the basics.

By Sylvain P

Jun 07, 2020

Good well built course, i was working with excel 2 years before but just want to make sure i didn't forget my skills as i was mostly self educated in excel. This curse was exactly what i need and the explanations are not too long so you have time to digest it. I think i'm good for a more advanced course now.

By Nidup D

Jul 25, 2020

It was a fantastic course. The course structure, practice quiz and assignments were designed perfectly and did enjoy every bit of the work progress. Learning myriad uses of Excel has been absolutely overwhelming and just waiting to apply in the real world just like Prashan said, "practice makes permanent".

By Siddharth B

Kudos to the staff of Macquarie University who taught this course. Practicing on the workbooks alongside the videos really helped me to master the contents in this course. I gained a lot of skills which should help me in the future. Eagerly looking forward to the next course in this specialization series.

By Adarsh S

Apr 14, 2020

This course is definitely one of the most well planned course. The way things are taught and how the doubts are clarified from the first session is amazing. The quiz helped me to remember the basics and the challenges helped me to move further and rectify my mistakes. Kudos to the effort put in the course.

By Mosta A

Jul 22, 2020

Really I'm so much happy to spend every single second with this amazing course.

In the first, I thought that I know so much about Excel, but this first course mentioned all that I knew and more really. Thank you for this amazing course and I'm looking forward to finishing the whole specialization soon. ❤❤

By Francesco P S

Aug 18, 2019

Very good foundational course. I would consider myself an intermediate to advanced user, however it was very good practice to review all this material and look forward to the next course. Furthermore, it is important to say that the lecturers are very clear throughout the module, very easy to understand.

By Umi F

Jul 12, 2020

It was a very exciting and crucial course for those who are using Excel on a daily basis. I had learned Excel while working, however, it was without a proper basic foundation. This course has helped me walk through it effectively. I am so grateful that I have completed this course during this pandemic.

By Arslan H

Aug 29, 2018

t

h

I

s

I

s

a great experience with courser to complete my certificate. I'm so glad at the moment and looking forward to get more certificate to enhance my knowledge and practical skill to help my real life.

once again thanks to all my teachers who prepare all the videos slides and test.

Regards,

Arslan Hameed

By RESHMA G

Feb 06, 2019

Extremely useful! especially for those who are self-taught. I thought I knew even the most basic of thigs, but boy was I wrong. Now that I have competed the course, I can see that I waste less time and have higher quality spreadsheets.

The format of the course is very well done and keeps you engaged.

By Bhaskar D

Jul 15, 2020

Seven Star for this course: Very informative and practical, covering most of the well used tools apt for making any basic Excel user in command of the software. Very Effective. Keep making such impact driven online courses. Look forward to Excel-Intermediate-I, Excel-Intermediate-II, Excel-Advanced.

By Rajender C

Jun 19, 2020

it was exciting to go through this course and gained knowledge is very useful. Advice, go from Essentials course through Advanced course in this specialization in sequential order. There are many things to learn in each course no matter what your previous knowledge is. This course was really great.

By Mahtab U S

Apr 22, 2020

It was an awesome experience. Now, I can operate excel way better than before. Many basic elements that make our excel work much faster, I have learned from here. Thank you, mentors. The topic of videos and the quiz question was so effective to evaluate self. I am really glad to part of this course.