Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. We have brought together a great teaching team that will be with you every step of the way. A broad range of practice quizzes and challenges will provide great opportunities to build up your skillset. Work through each new challenge with our team and in no time you will surprise yourself with how far you have come. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

PD

Jun 11, 2020

Practice make permanent is the true line .this line I'm also keep in mind sir.It's very very helpful and the video presentation is really awesome.simple language and more information.thanks for these.

KG

Jun 09, 2020

Very good teaching of fundamentals. Everything was explained in a really structured manner. Final assessment was like cherry on the cake as it helped in revisiting what has been taught over the weeks.

351 - 375 of 6,084 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Chaitanya D

Apr 27, 2020

As the name suggests, this course overs the essentials of Ms Excel. These are just the basics or the foundation of excel and are quite important to understand them and to learn advance and intermediate feature. The professors have done a great job curating this course for the newbies.

By Deepak K c

Apr 24, 2020

My name Deepak Kumar Chaurasia. I am from India. This course is well structure and it very good for beginner who want gain new skill. well, when i had started this skill i did not know about excel. Now i have completed this course and i know every skill which consists in it. Thank you

By Paul U

Jul 20, 2019

I've been using Excel for a while now, and this course made me realize that I needed a course that went over the basics of Excel instead of just giving me a "crash course" on it. I would highly recommend that both beginner's and seasoned pros take this essential Excel training course.

By Nikhil S

Jun 04, 2020

Best one and truly you made me earn that certificate.

I bet none can give so true and predicted feedback in assigment. It seems that software is making it real time evaluation. Thank you Nikkie and Saun and commendable effort by Macquaire University. At last thanks a lot to Coursera.

By JONNALA S R

May 07, 2020

Wonderful and good course. Professor, you have made us to concentrate on quizzes firmly. If one thing in the order is missing, we are out of quiz. Very nicely organised. Excellent teaching. Cleared most of the doubts. I am willing to take other courses taught by you. Thank you sir...

By Paras K

Apr 25, 2020

This was my first course on coursera, and I loved it. Thank you for designing an affordable course that covers the basics. I am looking forward to the other courses in this specialization. Thanks for increasing my confidence on excel, I owe Macquire university and the excellent prof.

By Madhusudan K

Mar 19, 2020

This course definitely has helped me to work with excel much better and faster. I learnt a lot of short cuts and terminology commonly used in the industry. It is definitely worth spending time and money. I am going for the entire course of specialization Excel skills for business.

By Wesam A D

Jul 19, 2020

Im so happy that I join this Excel Course as I learn a lot and improve my skills in Excel

Thanks to the doctors who explain the basics of Excel and for their inspiration.

I gaining a lot from this course because of the professional doctors and videos has good quality

Thanks in advance!

By Chandan B S

best for beginners it covered most of the topics and everything is explained in a very detailed way. Thanks to Macquarie University and coursera for providing this amazing opportunity to learn something new. yes! sean did have tricky problems..hehe it took a bit to solve everything.

By YAPO J S A

Aug 04, 2019

Pour un cours ne présentant que l'essentiel des compétences à acquérir dans Excel, cette ce programme est de bonne qualité avec les exercices à chaque progression et les évaluations. Je recommande le cours, l'Anglais n'est pas un frein pour les francophones, ce cours est accessible.

By Mirana R

That's an excellent course. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in learning basic yet essential Excel skills. Very well structured, instructions are clear and the videos well explained. Above all, it's done in a friendly and interactive way, I enjoyed the whole thing! Thanks

By Mona G

Apr 27, 2020

This course was very interesting. I liked the way they explained (one step at a time). for those who had no idea about Excel, I strongly recommend the course. To be honest, I spent a much longer time than given for each week, but it was worth the hours. A big thank you to the team.

By Shannon P

Sep 29, 2019

Excellent beginners course. Lots of practice and quizzes to ensure you understand the content. Some of the questions were tricky, but overall a very fair course. Final Assessment is a nice challenge. However, if you follow the directions correctly, it is very easy to attain a 100%.

By Oderay M

Aug 09, 2020

Felicidades a Mí, y a todos los que han completado este nivel. Fue una experiencia fabulosa y retadora ya que no domino el idioma, sin embargo esto me incentivó a seguir y estudiar más para cumplir con el objetivo. Ahora a seguir con el siguiente nivel.

Al infinito y más allá!!!!

By Steven R

Aug 01, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. Even though I've been using Excel for years, I learned something in every segment of this course. The structure and pace made it easy to learn and and the exercises and quizzes did a good job of reinforcing learning which leads to excellent retention.

By Muhammad A S

Perfect course for students who don't know how to use excel or those who are beginners. I have learned quite a lot of Excel skills for business in this course very comfortably. I would surely suggest this course to business students who are looking forward to acquire excel skills.

By Gerald P

Oct 13, 2019

Fantastic course. Gave me the fundaments and also realised how much more there is still to learn. Excel is certainly very powerful I cannot believe there are another 2 levels of study. Great teaching with videos, reading material and exercises all adding to he learning experience.

By Iris W

Feb 27, 2019

Absolutely wonderful course, impeccable teaching/instruction and LOVE THE PACE OF THE SPEAKERS. They really go out of their way to make sure you understand each step one by one, and provide great examples of how do use the tools and functions. highly recommend this specialization!

By Suyash K

Jun 03, 2020

Hello,I am Suyash Khadayate from INDIA.Before taking this course i was not familiar with the different tools present in the MS Excel.and how to use them.After taking this course it helped me a lot to know more in deep about the excel .It will be helpul for me in future .Thankyou.

By Syed M A S B

Sep 20, 2018

Exceptionally great course. Totally practical and great way of teaching. I really improved my skills in excel and now I'm heading for the specialization of Excel Skills for Business. I will be doing all the four courses. Thanks to Coursera, Macquarie University and special thanks

By Rafi A

Jul 05, 2020

Before starting this course I knew a few little things about Microsoft excel. After doing this course with Coursera under Macquarie University I feel more comfortable with excel. Hopefully, the next course will make me more comfortable. In a word, I am having an awesome feeling.

By Ruthwik

Mar 28, 2020

A good experience, mostly for beginners who want to learn the basics. Some things which were meant to be difficult like filtering and sorting the data were explained with ease and those tests were very helpful for me to analyze and practice those areas where I lacked confidence.

By Felipe A D

Dec 16, 2019

An excellent course that revises all the most important skills that Excel offers. I noticed that while I was getting along the content, I started to make better and nicer reports with much more tools and better data visualisation.

This course really made the difference in my job.

By NESTOR O C B

Apr 22, 2020

Great course!!!

Even if you think that you have the basic knowledge of Excel, there is always something new that you can learn or refresh.

I have been working with excel for about 5 years now and this course helped me to refresh my knowledge and I learned new tips and shortcuts.

By William J C

May 05, 2019

Already knowing a bit of the basics on Microsoft Excel, I've learned more than what I had already known in regards to formulas/functions and how to adequately create/edit charts. This was a great refresher and helpful with learning the essential through the wide spectrum excel.