Back to Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

In this first course of the specialization Excel Skills for Business, you will learn the essentials of Microsoft Excel. Within six weeks, you will be able to expertly navigate the Excel user interface, perform basic calculations with formulas and functions, professionally format spreadsheets, and create visualizations of data through charts and graphs. Whether you are self-taught and want to fill in the gaps for better efficiency and productivity, or whether you have never used Excel before, this course will set you up with a solid foundation to become a confident user and develop more advanced skills in later courses. The best way to learn Excel is to use Excel. In this course, learners will solve a broad range of business problems as they apply the Excel skills and techniques they learn along the way. This course uses downloadable Excel workbooks and full data sets with applied examples and practical challenge exercises. This provides learners with countless opportunities to practice their Excel skills while discovering new and useful productivity features of Excel for a variety of business contexts. Spreadsheet software is one of the most ubiquitous pieces of software used in workplaces across the world. Learning to confidently operate this software means adding a highly valuable asset to your employability portfolio. At a time when digital skills jobs are growing much faster than non-digital jobs, make sure to position yourself ahead of the rest by adding Excel skills to your employment portfolio....

KS
Jun 29, 2020

This is an amazing course for learners. I am having a lot of fun completing this course from the starting point. It is very much enjoyable and the way the course teachers deliver every lecture superb.

PD
Jun 10, 2020

Practice make permanent is the true line .this line I'm also keep in mind sir.It's very very helpful and the video presentation is really awesome.simple language and more information.thanks for these.

176 - 200 of 10,000 Reviews for Excel Skills for Business: Essentials

By Abubakar M K A S

Feb 25, 2021

Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to learn excel skill for business essentials at free of cost. This Training will be very helpful for me to development by career in future. I will be very grateful to all trainer of Macquarie University for this training. In my understanding Macquarie University have arranged the best trainer in the world to teach excel for the new trainee.

Thank you!!

Best Regards

Abubakar Mohammad Khairul Alam Shaheen

By Tripta B

Nov 13, 2020

This course is so well structured, i was really pleased. After every small lessons there was a test. Each tests were arranged such a way that one have to use excel book to ans the question and by so learn something more. Though I am student of engineering but still this course was very helpful for me. It saved a lot of time when I became confident in using excel to complete calculations for my lab reports. I highly recommend this course to everyone.

By Hagverdiyeva O

Nov 24, 2019

I highly recommend to take this course if you are beginner in Excel. Especially if your job requires advanced usage of excel and you are stile beginner, this course will be the best to brush up basic knowledge, functions and terminology of Excel.

I have graduated political science and in my field I have never used Excel for presentations, collecting data. So it was high priority for me to learn basics of excel before going to another Excel courses.

By Mark B

Jan 17, 2021

I came into this course with a very basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and was taking it to build up my technical skills to become more employable. The course is easy to follow and work through and I think that the way it was broken down into small segments was great. I also enjoyed the instructors as well, I think that they did a great job of presenting the material. I feel very confident in my Excel knowledge and skills after taking this course.

By Hasan A K

Aug 17, 2020

The best thing which I Liked about this course is its short and precised conceptual learning videos. The way this course is designed is brilliant. Time schedule and distribution in weeks is so much flexible and everyone can complete this course. There was nothing vague. Every topic and thing was crystal clearly explained. I am so much glad and happy that Coursera provided me this opportunity to learn. I am happy and proud that I completed it. :)

By Yocabel H

Dec 23, 2020

This course has been very helpful. The way it was structured gives anyone the interest to continue studying. With little or no experience one can start. I had little knowledge in Excel but after the course, I feel confident working with Excel and very impressed with my performance. I have now gained the skills to enrich my CV for job applications. Thanks to Nicky and Prashan for such a great tutorial. Thanks to Macquarie University too.

By Alish S

Jul 6, 2021

This course is really good to enroll because it surely works on basic and essential skills, needed to operate Excel. I learned excel when I was in elementary school and after then, I never worked on it. Now, I'm a university student and Excel is an essential skill to get hired these days and this course surely gave me the knowledge that I wanted and its quizzes are wonderful with a lot of challenges unlike many courses here. Loved this course~

By Prachurya S

Jul 25, 2020

Thank you Prashant and Nikki for giving such nice online training. Your way of teaching is very good and both of you make things easily understandable also I will love to get some personal assistant because I had already enrolled for the excel intermediate skills. So if there is a way I can somehow connect with you to get my doubts clear it will be very good. Lastly, thank you Coursera for giving such a nice course.

Warm Regards,

Prachurya Sarma

By Ramin M

Aug 13, 2019

As a essential course for getting started with MS Excel, it was complete, comprehensive and practical. I like what I have learned new skills with Excel and I would like to continue for more advanced courses because I feel I will learn a lot of useful new things if I continue with next courses. I also like the way this course was organized and presented as an online course.

Thank you very much to the instructors of this course.

Ramin Madani

By Heike S

Apr 8, 2019

The course was exactly what I wanted. Very well-explained and clear. Also fun, and I learnt a lot of information which will be really useful.

This is a very good course! The best online course I've ever had. The structure, the order in which material is given, the difficulty of the course are very thought over. And the most important, I feel that the course is very effective. I really enjoyed all the quizzes and assignments of the course.

By Sumit M K

Mar 28, 2021

This course has been one of the best courses form all the excel related courses. I really got to learn a lot of simple things and complex things in such a great manner that I instantly got used to the method of learning. Also, as Prashant sir says "Practice makes permanent", you just cannot underestimate this in case of excel learning. Nothing is there without practice, especially in Excel. Thank you coursera for such a wonderful course.

By Theodoros B

Aug 15, 2020

This course is top quality !

It is structured in a very user-friendly way. There is an overview of each week, videos covering the related exercises (there are a lot to download and practise) , text of the videos to underline with a section to keep notes upon it. About the content it covers way more than you would exept. You will be surprised with how many usefull features exist and the details to master them.

I absolutely recommend it !

By HENRY N

Jun 13, 2020

Richly packaged. Provides the essential requirements to excel in Advanced Excel packages. I found it very interesting and it provided the missing links in my Excel knowledge. I love the Absolute and Sheet Referencing very much. They both have been a nightmare, but I can confidently carry out calculations using the tools with ease. It is a programme worth taking. Thank you University of Macquarie. Now, I boldly teach Excel in my office.

By Anne H

Mar 17, 2021

The course was well organized, succinct, easy to follow, with an interesting combination of videos, hands-on exercises, quizzes and tips/more information to keep the pace brisk and not boring. It supports really learning and remembering the skills along the progression. I really appreciated that the presenters were not condescending or dry. I look forward to starting the Excel Skills for Business: Intermediate I course, right away.

By Fahad A

Jul 18, 2020

A very easy and well planned course that's well executes. Moreover, the quizzes after each and every video ensures the student is learning and helps you remember what you learn. The instructors are quite experienced, they teach exactly according to a beginner's level, and keep the potential problems that a beginner can face in mind in every lecture. Provided you are consistent with the tests and videos you will definitely learn a lot.

By Seth D C

Feb 7, 2021

Really clear and well-paced course. The assignments and quizzes totally correspond to the material introduced in each module. The practice sheets are great but if you know the procedures, they're still a good review. Highly recommended for any who has never had any formal instruction on Excel. The only caveat (which they make at the beginning) is that if you're using a Mac, you will have to check Microsoft support on a few functions.

By Francesca C

Jan 21, 2021

I started this course at the beginning of Dec.2020 - I had no idea of how to excel in this programme. Thanks to these wonderful mentors, now I am perfectly capable to use with knowledge all the tabs of the ribbon. I've particularly enjoyed the "dollar thingy" part. I didn't know how it was called technically, but I have surely enjoyed the way they were capable of transferring complex language and concepts in very common ones. Thanks!

By Anuj K

Apr 6, 2020

I always used to be scared of spreadsheet software. Thanks to the instructors on this course, I am now able to see and apply the beauty, productivity and smartness of Microsoft Excel. Thank you so much guys. You are absolutely brilliant at teaching and it was a joy to learn from you.

If you are scared of Excel, this is the course made for you. I am enjoying it so much that I can not wait to start the next course in the Specialization.

By Mamdouh F

I hope that my review reaches every single person who contributed to the success of this course. I am grateful to Niki, Pershan and to all those behind the scene working to offer such a high-quality course for those looking to learn Excel professionally. I would ,undoubtedly, recommend this course from Macquarie University; it's taught in a very well-organized way and has a lot of challenging and stimulating exercises and questions.

By Chris G

Oct 23, 2019

Excellent course. I've been using Excel for years and I was certain this was too basic for me - while there were certainly some very simple methods that I wasn't using (and wasting heaps of time).

If you're self-taught at Excel - no matter how much experience you have I would highly recommend this.

PS - If you're trying to get through the course quickly you can do so in a few days so don't let the 6 Week time frame worry you.

Enjoy!

By Sanzhar M

Jan 11, 2021

I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who wish to learn the basics of Excel and for those have already been using Excel. This course was quite easy. The course was brilliant, I use Excel quite frequently but there were a few things that I learnt. The video materials were great, practice quizzes were helpful, and the assignments were quite easy. I'd like to thank Coursera, Macquarie University, Nicky Bull, and Prashan.

Feb 22, 2020

This is a must to do Excel course if you really want to engage and learn the basics,tips and tricks for Excel. Beginners can just go for it.The course is very interesting and productive including the tests ,practice videos and toolbox.This is the best course to start learning Excel.If you already know the basics it is still recommended to go through this course because you might miss out on a lot of things this course has to offer.

By Cy C

Nov 7, 2020

This course have helped me enhanced my skills on how to work out the basic essentials in excel. The subjects are well explained in every videos that could be immediately absorbed. Practice challenges were exciting and challenging at the same time. I loved how they provided tips, shortcuts, as well as the trivia that they have been providing at the end of the week. Looking forward to finish the 4 courses. #PracticeMakesItPermanent

By Beckie S

Apr 22, 2020

Currently I am using Excel 2016 and have transferred my skills from previous version of the program. I was familiar with most of the abilities of the program (even forgot a few because I have not used them in so many years) but learned many short cuts that will be useful in my day to day use of the program. I look forward to moving on to the Intermediate 1 class and continue to build on the basics I have learned in this course.

By Shelley

Aug 5, 2019

Very helpful, I've been using Excel for a long time but really appreciated this beginner course since it filled in some gaps in my knowledge and helped me to develop good foundations. I learned the names of a lot of functionality I didn't know the names to, and I learned a lot of things I didn't know previously! The instructors were also very clear and engaging, and I liked how much practice we got through the hands on exercises.