Back to Executive Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Executive Data Science Capstone by Johns Hopkins University

The Executive Data Science Capstone, the specialization’s culminating project, is an opportunity for people who have completed all four EDS courses to apply what they've learned to a real-world scenario developed in collaboration with Zillow, a data-driven online real estate and rental marketplace, and DataCamp, a web-based platform for data science programming. Your task will be to lead a virtual data science team and make key decisions along the way to demonstrate that you have what it takes to shepherd a complex analysis project from start to finish. For the final project, you will prepare and submit a presentation, which will be evaluated and graded by your fellow capstone participants. Course cover image by Luckey_sun. Creative Commons BY-SA https://flic.kr/p/bx1jvU...
Highlights
Hands on approach
(12 Reviews)

PK
Oct 21, 2019

The Executive Data Science Capstone was so much fun, while I was doing it I was really feeling like I am a data manager and managing the data science team in real life. So interesting it was.

Apr 4, 2020

I loved the way the capstone project was designed, being familiar with other types of projects on areas different to Data science, I feel the experience was pretty close to real. Thanks!

226 - 250 of 297 Reviews for Executive Data Science Capstone

Oct 26, 2016

g

By Jason C

Jul 31, 2016

The class was a little brief, but I really did enjoy the way it was presented. The real life situation, with videos, and a famous company made this hit close to home. I really enjoyed the "choose your own adventure" format of it as well. Unfortunately it was so brief, where the $49 price seemed a little high in comparison to the content that was available in the other sources in the Executive Specialization series. I also would have liked a longer or more in-depth scenario. Lastly, for any of the "wrong choices" that were chosen, a debrief "why" they were wrong would have also helped. Even though there is room for improvement (and thus a 4 star rating and not a 5), I really did enjoy it and found it to be a very enjoyable way to end the series.

By Alfredo A C

Jan 30, 2017

I liked the way the Capstone is structured, it's really engaging! However, I think it was oversimplified (I was expecting something more difficult that really challenged me and examined most things I learnt during the first 4 courses). Overall, a great experience though.

By Carlos A H

Jun 30, 2019

Excellent emphasis of the collaborative effort required to execute data science successfully. However, an area of improvement is allowing for the slide decks to be visible as an objective assessment is not allowed without accessing and viewing the slide decks.

By Terry L

Jan 2, 2017

Very good overview. I did the full data science course but I'm a senior manager, so this was nice to get some organization perspective. Some parts might be a challenge for some IT people, but if you want to manage big data projects, it's worth the effort.

By Julien N

Feb 20, 2018

Very nice and interactive way to get a glimpse of how the class can be applied in a professional environment.

A bit short to my opinion, more problems/questions would give a better overview of a day-to-day life of a data science manager

By Eduardo G d V

Sep 2, 2017

Like this model of capstone, since it brought some situations of real-life data science projects. However, I found the duration of the capstone too short. I would have like the project to last longer and to introduce more cases.

By Vahid T

Apr 27, 2017

Overall, very useful syllabi have been designed. I wish for more detailed, or at least less repetition of materials in videos and notes. Some of the terms have not been defined for me, so further research was necessary.

By Jason G

Mar 18, 2019

Overall decent closeout to the course. Makes you think critically about the tasks presented. Would have welcomed additional hands exercises, perhaps using the tools presented within previous specialization courses.

By Mathieu D

Feb 2, 2019

I liked the format of the Capstone a lot. However, it could have been made a bit more challenging and exploratory by having more possible paths in the story.

By Nur A E B N A

Aug 10, 2020

The last project that is capstone project is what overall this course was. It was fun and guided every decision that you make just like in real life project

By frank h

Aug 27, 2018

The capstone tests your decision-making skills but ought to be a bit more challenging. Also, the 3 presentations the learner must assess have a few typos.

By Andrew C

Mar 3, 2017

Great course - even for those with only a small amount of data analysis, this is very useful in explaining the bigger picturing of managing data

By Alfredo O G

Nov 14, 2016

Fun and real life problems, is easy but would be cool to make it longer and a situation in which real several problems are found.

By Amal L C

Apr 11, 2017

It was great to see how does it work in real life. I wish there was more example and more challenging scenarios. I did enjoy it.

By HIMANSHU P

Dec 30, 2019

Some of the sections were a bit too much jargon based which were difficult to understand but overall it was a good experience.

By Davide G

Mar 4, 2017

Good to get a formal overview of all the phases and ingredients of data science projects, without getting lost in the details.

By Iván C S R

Sep 5, 2018

Like the way the capstone project was design, also how the team is introduced and how the situations are moving forward.