Back to Executive Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Executive Data Science Capstone by Johns Hopkins University

The Executive Data Science Capstone, the specialization’s culminating project, is an opportunity for people who have completed all four EDS courses to apply what they've learned to a real-world scenario developed in collaboration with Zillow, a data-driven online real estate and rental marketplace, and DataCamp, a web-based platform for data science programming. Your task will be to lead a virtual data science team and make key decisions along the way to demonstrate that you have what it takes to shepherd a complex analysis project from start to finish. For the final project, you will prepare and submit a presentation, which will be evaluated and graded by your fellow capstone participants. Course cover image by Luckey_sun. Creative Commons BY-SA https://flic.kr/p/bx1jvU...
Highlights
Hands on approach
(12 Reviews)

HL

Aug 16, 2017

What a great way to mimic real world decisions! This was a great experience and would highly recommend to others based on the practicality and applied situational thinking requirements.

DM

Apr 04, 2016

Maybe I'm biased, since this is my first completed specialization... but this is the kind of course-structure and capstone that I would enjoy doing for any and every subject!!

226 - 237 of 237 Reviews for Executive Data Science Capstone

By Matthias L

Aug 27, 2017

A lot of this could be solved by intuition, and I would have expected this to be harder and really put the skills to the test. On the other hand, the format was fun and innovative.

By Elena D

Jun 04, 2017

Shorter and easier than expected.

By Azran O

Mar 16, 2017

The capstone project was too simple and not sufficiently challenging

By Reto W

Jul 04, 2016

The app is neat but too short.

By Carlo D

Mar 26, 2016

Too short, too easy, and did not result in a project that I can show potential employers.

By Stephen K

Jun 05, 2016

Very poorly constructed with links in the final exam that didn't work so I couldn't finish the exam. Then I was graded after only finishing 4/5 of the exam. I managed to get everything straightened out but it took some effort.

By Pablo P

Sep 01, 2017

Short and easy

By Travis J

Aug 04, 2018

Not as challenging as expected.

By Jon D D

Nov 12, 2018

The DataCamp portion of this program needs some work. First, technical notices need to be posted about what platform to use. The DataCamp exercise did not work on my iPad app and would not display the data or allow me to open the linked files. Coursera help chat confirmed that I needed to use a laptop computer. Once on my laptop, the DataCamp links didn't work for the slide sets for the presentation phase of the exercise, causing me to lose points here.

By Max L

Feb 11, 2019

The capstone course on datacamp is down.

By Lucas H

Dec 05, 2016

Muito básico e simples demais...

By Marek N

Sep 13, 2016

Useful as a necessary step towards finishing the specialization only.