Back to Executive Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Executive Data Science Capstone by Johns Hopkins University

The Executive Data Science Capstone, the specialization’s culminating project, is an opportunity for people who have completed all four EDS courses to apply what they've learned to a real-world scenario developed in collaboration with Zillow, a data-driven online real estate and rental marketplace, and DataCamp, a web-based platform for data science programming. Your task will be to lead a virtual data science team and make key decisions along the way to demonstrate that you have what it takes to shepherd a complex analysis project from start to finish. For the final project, you will prepare and submit a presentation, which will be evaluated and graded by your fellow capstone participants. Course cover image by Luckey_sun. Creative Commons BY-SA https://flic.kr/p/bx1jvU...
Highlights
Hands on approach
(12 Reviews)

PK

Oct 22, 2019

The Executive Data Science Capstone was so much fun, while I was doing it I was really feeling like I am a data manager and managing the data science team in real life. So interesting it was.

Apr 05, 2020

I loved the way the capstone project was designed, being familiar with other types of projects on areas different to Data science, I feel the experience was pretty close to real. Thanks!

251 - 275 of 293 Reviews for Executive Data Science Capstone

By Magdalena W

Jan 17, 2017

Really realistic and fun! But it´s almost impossible to grad less than 100 after two attempts.

By Carsten K

Jun 07, 2020

Fun and great way of putting up a capstone project, but could be longer and more challenging.

By Craig O

Jul 02, 2017

This was my first capstone ad it's a really interesting way to walk through a process.

By SOM D M

Mar 13, 2017

Good course for quickly learning Data science concepts and creating winning Teams...

By SANTOSH K R

Jan 07, 2017

Was not very challenging, I was looking for more detailed discussions. Good job

By Pavol M

Jan 19, 2017

Quite easy to do it. I was expecting something a little bit more challenging.

By Ma C J

Mar 26, 2018

Los DECK no los pude visualizar. Creo que contenían información importante

By Jose C O B

Aug 07, 2016

By far, the best course in the specialization but yet too easy to complete.

By Wisam A

Jul 12, 2018

I expected a richer and longer project, but it was a good one.

By Ashrith N R

Jul 18, 2018

Nice course, nicely structured and designed in innovative way

By Peter P

Sep 29, 2016

Great concept. Perhaps a little bit too easy to complete :)

By Peter E

Jun 19, 2017

Not difficult, but a cool way to test your knowledge.

By Brian N

Apr 11, 2018

Good for introduction in Data Science Process

By Scott S

Mar 13, 2017

Good simulation of a real on the job project.

By Federico J D F

Sep 16, 2020

Very interesting course. I enjoyed it!

By Nair G S

Apr 23, 2020

Some videos in DataCamp were missing.

By Siva P S

Jan 18, 2020

Should be more theoretical knowledge

By Nicole S

May 23, 2020

nice

By Bruno C

Mar 30, 2016

Fun. Challenging with gamification.

Maybe it's a little short.

I was expecting to put in a lot of work in this capstone maybe because I was expecting a more thorough, longer analysis challenge.

So a recommendation is:

In the same style, create more weeks where the challenges will increase.

By Shahran H

Feb 26, 2019

The videos and the interactive testing process was enjoyable but I thought that it was a little too easy and too short to measure the full extent of the knowledge acquired through the previous 4 courses. It should have been more elaborate and rigorous.

By Roeland v d B

Oct 30, 2017

I find the method really cool, to simulate the real-life. It could have been a bit more difficult to really test my new acquired skills.

Nevertheless I enjoyed the set up and full training on Data Science for Executives

thanks for hosting!

By Stephen K

Jun 05, 2016

Very poorly constructed with links in the final exam that didn't work so I couldn't finish the exam. Then I was graded after only finishing 4/5 of the exam. I managed to get everything straightened out but it took some effort.