Back to Executive Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Executive Data Science Capstone by Johns Hopkins University

The Executive Data Science Capstone, the specialization’s culminating project, is an opportunity for people who have completed all four EDS courses to apply what they've learned to a real-world scenario developed in collaboration with Zillow, a data-driven online real estate and rental marketplace, and DataCamp, a web-based platform for data science programming. Your task will be to lead a virtual data science team and make key decisions along the way to demonstrate that you have what it takes to shepherd a complex analysis project from start to finish. For the final project, you will prepare and submit a presentation, which will be evaluated and graded by your fellow capstone participants. Course cover image by Luckey_sun. Creative Commons BY-SA https://flic.kr/p/bx1jvU...
Highlights
Hands on approach
(12 Reviews)

PK

Oct 22, 2019

The Executive Data Science Capstone was so much fun, while I was doing it I was really feeling like I am a data manager and managing the data science team in real life. So interesting it was.

Apr 05, 2020

I loved the way the capstone project was designed, being familiar with other types of projects on areas different to Data science, I feel the experience was pretty close to real. Thanks!

276 - 289 of 289 Reviews for Executive Data Science Capstone

By George H

Nov 27, 2019

The course was thoughtful and engaging up until the capstone which was a let down.

By Azran O

Mar 16, 2017

The capstone project was too simple and not sufficiently challenging

By Elena D

Jun 04, 2017

Shorter and easier than expected.

By Travis J

Aug 04, 2018

Not as challenging as expected.

By Reto W

Jul 04, 2016

The app is neat but too short.

By Pablo P

Apr 07, 2018

It was fun.

By Jon D D

Nov 12, 2018

The DataCamp portion of this program needs some work. First, technical notices need to be posted about what platform to use. The DataCamp exercise did not work on my iPad app and would not display the data or allow me to open the linked files. Coursera help chat confirmed that I needed to use a laptop computer. Once on my laptop, the DataCamp links didn't work for the slide sets for the presentation phase of the exercise, causing me to lose points here.

By Adnan N A

Apr 05, 2020

Very basic level course. Certainly not Executive level as is described.

By Tom D

Aug 23, 2020

The basic problem here was not the content - which was fine - but the ability to go back . I skipped the whole question about improving the property price predictions (because I didn't see it was a video and pressed Got It! too soon). There was no go-back button to re-review it. I then had to do the whole capstone without knowing (but guessing) the question I was trying to answer - kinda difficult!!!

By Marek N

Sep 13, 2016

Useful as a necessary step towards finishing the specialization only.

By Weihao L

Feb 11, 2019

The capstone course on datacamp is down.

By Lucas H

Dec 05, 2016

Muito básico e simples demais...