Back to Exploratory Data Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Exploratory Data Analysis by Johns Hopkins University

This course covers the essential exploratory techniques for summarizing data. These techniques are typically applied before formal modeling commences and can help inform the development of more complex statistical models. Exploratory techniques are also important for eliminating or sharpening potential hypotheses about the world that can be addressed by the data. We will cover in detail the plotting systems in R as well as some of the basic principles of constructing data graphics. We will also cover some of the common multivariate statistical techniques used to visualize high-dimensional data....

Y
Sep 23, 2017

Very good course! It provide me the foundation in learning how to plot and interpret data. This will definitely strengthen my "R programming" to generate publication type figure for my genomics data!

CC
Jul 28, 2016

This is the second course I have taken from Roger Peng and both were outstanding. I have a strong math background, but not much of a background in stats, but this course was very approachable for me.

76 - 100 of 799 Reviews for Exploratory Data Analysis

By Yudhanjaya W

Jun 6, 2017

This was incredibly useful because it gives you a feel for the datasets and tools with which to explore them. I really wasn't aware of the base and lattice plotting systems until now.

By Nino P

May 24, 2019

Amazing! Learing so much how to explore the data for the first time. This is a must do for anyone who wants to be a data scientist. Now I can use ggplot without any trouble. Thanks!

By VÍCTOR M G P

Sep 28, 2020

Me encantó el curso, fue muy fluido con muy buenos ejemplos y las actividades prácticas fueron realmente un aporte y un desafío para complementar los contenidos entregados

By Manuel A A T

Mar 27, 2016

This is a great introductory course on the topic and on R language.

You will get acquainted with basic R functions which are most useful for initial statistical analysis.

By Vasco A F R B P

Apr 5, 2020

One of the most fulfilling courses I've taken. Already used what I've learned to analyse the COVID 19 data and get more information from it, learning at the same time.

By Sanjay L

May 22, 2018

Week 3 - clustering concepts appear hard to comprehend initially. This week should first start with a practical example/use of clustering and then move on to technical

By Asif M A

May 4, 2016

Its one of the most important steps in learning data science. Before even jumping into the real thing, it is worthwhile to explore a little bit the data set at hand.

By Tim S

Apr 18, 2016

For someone new to data analytics, this was another great, rewarding course. But as with the others, it demands exploration beyond the lectures and course materials.

By Giovanna A G

Oct 15, 2016

Prof. Peng teaches you not only how to use the r base plotting system but also how to make wonderful graphs using the lattice and ggplot2 packages. Awesome course!

By Rob S

Jan 21, 2020

Very good resume of the previous lessons, you lear plotting, charts, working with big matrices, create a good practical workflow to understand your first analyses

By Piotr K

Oct 23, 2016

Material teached in this course is must have for everybody who wants to use R for Data Science. Exploratory Data Analysis is one of first steps in every project.

By Araks S

Jun 20, 2017

Great course, an excellent instructor who makes the videos easy to watch and listen.

Assignments were very important to me, as I learned a lot while doing it.

By Gary T

Aug 20, 2019

I learned a lot, this course more than others, really expanded my competence and appreciate for the capabilities of R, especially is visualization toolbox.

By Jeffrey G

Jul 6, 2017

Great course. Really does a good job of describing the goal of EDA and getting people excited about what questions you might be able to answer with data.

By 王昊辰

Dec 11, 2018

The data used for training are too big to be processed on my computer....

It is a real burden for my laptop when I use Rstudio to view some big files.....

By Dmytro K

Feb 3, 2016

pretty good starter course. I liked 40 min Case Study video at the end. It was very helpful to watch the instructor do the analysis from start to finish.

Jul 23, 2018

Excellent course!

Congratulations and thanks to the teachers of this course for sharing their knowledge on such an engaging subject that is Data Science.

By David J G

Feb 3, 2016

I think this is a great course. I learned a lot about data plotting and some multivariate techniques for understanding underlaying patterns of the data.

By Sandeepkumar P

Feb 1, 2016

Wonderful course with lot of graphical representation of the data. Dimensional reduction and Clustering analysis needs a bit more detailed explanation.

By Nathan D

Oct 18, 2016

Very solid class in terms of R's base plotting system. I wish Coursera offered an advanced class focusing on ggplot2 and the wider world of dat viz.

By Alfredo A

Feb 6, 2018

This was a great course. I learned how to use several graphic systems within R, and to imagine how to make clear answers to questions using plots.

By Athanasios S

Jul 16, 2018

Very good class. Of the four I've taken so far, this one has given me the most confidence that I could be successful as a data scientist/analyst.

By Alexis C

Aug 11, 2017

This was an important class because in future classes in the certification peer reviewed projects require some sort of exploratory data analysis.

By David S

Apr 22, 2019

Great Course. Lectures did diverge from Quizes and projects but still was good practice of looking at a set of data and reporting out from it.

By Fenneken K

Feb 7, 2020

Learned a great deal. Especially on clustering.

The second project could be a little more challenging; I overestimated the answers requested.