Back to Exploratory Data Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Exploratory Data Analysis by Johns Hopkins University

This course covers the essential exploratory techniques for summarizing data. These techniques are typically applied before formal modeling commences and can help inform the development of more complex statistical models. Exploratory techniques are also important for eliminating or sharpening potential hypotheses about the world that can be addressed by the data. We will cover in detail the plotting systems in R as well as some of the basic principles of constructing data graphics. We will also cover some of the common multivariate statistical techniques used to visualize high-dimensional data....

Y
Sep 23, 2017

Very good course! It provide me the foundation in learning how to plot and interpret data. This will definitely strengthen my "R programming" to generate publication type figure for my genomics data!

CC
Jul 28, 2016

This is the second course I have taken from Roger Peng and both were outstanding. I have a strong math background, but not much of a background in stats, but this course was very approachable for me.

126 - 150 of 799 Reviews for Exploratory Data Analysis

By Do H L

May 18, 2016

This course is really awesome!

Highly recommend. You'll learn all the data visualization techniques in this course.

By Anthony S

Feb 14, 2017

I really learned a lot in this class. I plan on going over the materials as well as taking one of the next courses

By William G C

Jan 20, 2017

This is a great course! I really enjoy the pace. Plus, the real world application isn't a bad thing at all either!

By Yergali B

Mar 16, 2016

I strongly suggest for future Data scientist, if you know R language with making Plots, you can be a good analytic

By Emmet C

Jan 9, 2017

Excellent introduction to various graphics packages in R. I've already been able to apply these skills in my job.

By José G Z r

Oct 23, 2016

Very interesting course. the week 3 is the most challenging and the practical case of week 4 is quite cool also !

By Mauricio C

Jan 27, 2018

Great tools and insight to start exploring Data. Also great stuff to practice previous training on Data Science.

By Jorge B

Feb 13, 2017

Great Course, that require to use all the topics you have learned in the previous courses of the specialization.

By Dhananjay M

Apr 30, 2017

This course if very helpful. Lectures and assignments provide a great opportunity to gain hands on experience.

By James A

May 4, 2020

Very excellent course structure. Gives you all the bases you need to get you started in exploring your data.

By Ishwarya M

Jul 22, 2019

I liked both the course content as well as the assignments. Great course to learn exploratory analysis in R.

By Nathan H

Oct 8, 2018

All of the quizes and assignments we're able to be completed with the material provided in the course videos.

By Andrew M T

Nov 12, 2017

Brilliant dive into the basics of exploratory data plotting. A very useful course for data science beginners.

By ooi s m

Jun 10, 2017

great course for fundamental exploratory data analysis, good starting point for using R to do basic analysis

By Dimitrios G

Mar 21, 2017

Great course, really gives an insight on how you can get a set of data and actually make some sense from it.

By Ramesh G

Jun 3, 2020

Great introduction to exploratory data analysis. Would've been great if more advanced material was covered.

By Nicholas P

Jul 30, 2020

Would have preferred a more technical explanation of the dimension reduction techniques, but great overall

By Anne M

Jan 24, 2016

Excellent class with easy-to-understand videos. The quizzes and homework really help me master the topics.

By Jeff L J D

Oct 19, 2020

The course content is hard but the lecture provides complete concept for this course. Thank you very much

By Yi-Yang L

Mar 17, 2017

Favorite course until now in this track. The visualization is very helpful for both academics and career.

By Yasel G S

Aug 4, 2016

This course was very important for my work. I learned so much and I want to say thanks to the professors.

By Johan V M

Jun 8, 2020

The skills I acquired thanks to this course are really useful. I'm eager to dive deep into Data Science.

By Ravi K

Nov 4, 2016

Excellent course but would have helped better if there would have been assignment related to clustering.

By Glenn M

Sep 23, 2016

I really enjoyed all of the data visualization techniques and packages that were covered in this course.

By Paul A

May 22, 2016

Excellent course. Very accessible yet an extensive overview of techniques in exploratory data analysis.