Back to Exploratory Data Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Exploratory Data Analysis by Johns Hopkins University

This course covers the essential exploratory techniques for summarizing data. These techniques are typically applied before formal modeling commences and can help inform the development of more complex statistical models. Exploratory techniques are also important for eliminating or sharpening potential hypotheses about the world that can be addressed by the data. We will cover in detail the plotting systems in R as well as some of the basic principles of constructing data graphics. We will also cover some of the common multivariate statistical techniques used to visualize high-dimensional data....

Y
Sep 23, 2017

Very good course! It provide me the foundation in learning how to plot and interpret data. This will definitely strengthen my "R programming" to generate publication type figure for my genomics data!

CC
Jul 28, 2016

This is the second course I have taken from Roger Peng and both were outstanding. I have a strong math background, but not much of a background in stats, but this course was very approachable for me.

151 - 175 of 799 Reviews for Exploratory Data Analysis

By Rahul P

Jan 17, 2018

Good Course!!! Didn't know anything about R Exploratory Data Analysis before but now it seems easy..

By George G A

Aug 20, 2017

Probably one of the most fun courses I have taken so far. It is an important step in every analysis.

By Vijay P S

Jan 30, 2017

Able to learn and understand the way of doing exploratory analysis.

the way of teaching is very good.

By Nitesh K S

Aug 31, 2016

Excellent course with in depth analysis. A must for anyone who sees his/her future in data analysis.

By Gustavo T P

Sep 26, 2018

Good course, the subject is starting to get more interesting at this point of the specialization...

By Kristin A

Oct 31, 2017

Learning how to make plots and play with the data is where data science finally started to get fun!

By Rizwan M

Mar 1, 2019

please provide some practical problems with answers to practise before attempting the assignments

By Muzaffar H

Aug 29, 2017

Extremely useful for me when doing my analytic works and few workaround on the programming level.

By Kristin K

Aug 9, 2017

Very helpful course. It is the type of class that gets you excited for the new things you can do.

By Nikhil J

Oct 17, 2019

Very useful class, I have already started using the learnings. Its easy and quick to understand.

By Marco M

Oct 23, 2020

An excellent course, with a well-balanced mix of videolectures, labs, quizzes, and assignments.

By Kyle H

Jan 17, 2018

Great course for plotting basics. Also really enjoyed the sections on SVD, PCA and Clustering.

By Alessandro S

Nov 23, 2017

Este é um ótimo curso, com referencias muito boas e o Swirl ajuda muito a treinar os conceitos.

By Vincent G

Jul 3, 2017

very good and insightful course delivered at the right level with good examples and excersises

By Wayne H

Mar 3, 2017

Good introduction to graphics systems and principles. Practical exercises are well conceived.

By Jamie M

Jul 28, 2018

Thoroughly enjoyable with an excellent method of measuring the learning outcomes at the end.

By Atul G

Jan 29, 2018

It helps lerner to know whether the capture data can help him to get answer to his question.

By Alberto G

Sep 12, 2018

Very interesting and useful for its applicability to a lot of different professional areas.

By Ricardo R

Oct 24, 2016

Excelent course! Very direct and informative, leaving many doors open to individual quests.

By Ghazouan S

Oct 2, 2016

I love all those courses, I have learned so much and I'm planning to complete all 10 units.

By Pratama A A

Jul 24, 2020

I encourage to read the book ,and learn the unsupervised machine learning algortihm better

By Thiago

Aug 12, 2019

Course material and projects help a lot in learning and improving data analysis techniques

By Gat T

Jan 27, 2019

I really liked this course. I felt like a learnt a lot especially with all of the projects

By Damjan S

Jun 10, 2017

This was the course that I've enjoyed it the most. Especially the data visualization part

By Anusha V

May 30, 2017

Amazing course. challenging and you learn a LOT (particularly about graphics tools in R).