Back to Feminism and Social Justice

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Feminism and Social Justice by University of California, Santa Cruz

"Feminism and Social Justice" is an adaptation of Distinguished Professor Bettina Aptheker's long-running course at UC Santa Cruz. In the course, Professor Aptheker presents a broad definition of feminism that serves to frame three significant events in the history of feminism and social justice: the Empire Zinc strike of 1951, the 1971-1972 trial of Angela Davis, and the #metoo Movement....

Jun 23, 2020

Everyone should take up this course because this course has a structured curriculum for feminism. The idea of feminism is something we have learnt from media, one will come to know about the meaning.

IS

Feb 12, 2020

This course was very impactful, I now understand the history of rape as a crime, the attitudes that have diminished and undermine women's rights. I am hoping that we will get things right as a people

226 - 250 of 842 Reviews for Feminism and Social Justice

By AABHA R B

Jun 07, 2020

A wonderfully designed Course! Thanks a lot for an amazing learning experience! 😇🙏🏼

Coursera is a great opportunity to be able to learn many things by being in the comfort of your home!

By Mariah M M

Jun 20, 2020

This course is amazing. Bettina brings so much to the table, she doesn't leave any part of the feminist movement out. She takes all into account - and that's is so hard yet so necessary.

By cristina t

Jun 06, 2020

Amei e foi um dos melhores cursos que já fiz na vida. Informativo, rápido, com muitas referências e dado por uma feminista ativista, o que é fundamental para a verdade do que é ensinado.

By Diana P D P

Feb 25, 2020

Everybody should learn about the history of women, not only men´s. Bettina Aptheker teaches and introduction in a really impresive way, her hability to integrate the events is admirable.

By Julie T

Dec 24, 2019

It was a very interesting class, that I recommend to everyone. I've learned multiple facts, it pinpointed social issues very accurately. The class is well structured and easy to follow.

By Sahadsawat K

Jul 17, 2020

This course gives me knowledge about feminism movement (and intersetionalities in race, class, gender, etc.) in the US. I also have learned more about women's struggles in their lives.

By Vivek S

Jul 02, 2020

BEST COURSE ON FEMINISM AND WOMEN EMPOWERMENT!!! EVERYONE MUST GET AWARENESS FROM THIS COURSE AS TO WHAT IS THE SITUATION AND PROBLEMS FACED BY THE WOMEN SINCE THE WORLD SAW THE LIGHT!

By Lillianne R

Apr 18, 2020

I really enjoyed the course. I learned a lot and I am very glad that I took the course. I enjoyed the professor and her style of lecturing. I would recommend this course to all women.

By Carla F

Sep 19, 2020

It was inspiring and a enlightning to have access to this course with a so estimed Professor.

The intersectionalties and all of the key points of modern feminism are embraced fluidly.

By MAHESHWARI.S

Sep 19, 2020

Gud aftrnun everyone.....tq for giving me this wonderful opportunity.....all the things which mam spoke was amazing....a very wonderful session which I took....without any hesitation

By Sawaiz R

Oct 04, 2020

I learned so much about feminist history in this course. I feel like a new, empowered woman after gaining the knowledge that I did in this course. Would highly, highly recommend it!

By Shivani G

Jul 29, 2020

Very Informative in nature. Explores many aspects which might have been there, right in front of your eyes but you might have never noticed it or maybe stopped to give it a thought.

By Teresa W

Jul 21, 2020

I was so proud of all the information and the study was well explained I would recommend this to everyone you can learn from books but the real learning is from hands on experiences

By MUTIA P W

Jul 14, 2020

It was facinating, i wish there are more course envolving feminist and social justice. Good Joob Mrs. Aptheker. Your course, your story and also your quotes will always be remember.

By Abril D

Jun 03, 2020

great for benginers. as a young female high-schooler, I belied so much rom hearing the struggles and voices of women through social justice and movements. so interesting and moving!

By Rosa M C G

Jun 17, 2020

Excelente curso. Lo recomiendo ampliamente para entender el feminismo y su lucha. Hoy en el 2020 está información sigue siendo vigente ante las desigualdades sociales y raciales.

By Karla O

Jul 29, 2020

I really loved hearing Bettina´s Aptheker speak. She has lots of experience and first hand knowledge about Feminism an social justice. It was really a privilege to learn from her.

By Bengisu K

Apr 21, 2020

Incredibly moving, informative, well-taught and well-planned. Highly relevant, as well. I feel privileged having access to this course and listening to Professor Bettina Aptheker.

By Damon

Oct 13, 2020

Very engaging and insightful look into understanding fenimisim. Great course if you want to get the basics of the topic and how it has changed through the decades with key cases.

By Devika V

Aug 17, 2020

I could sit listening to Prof. Bettina Aptheker's lectures for hours on end. An incredible course which gave powerful insights into some major issues with relevant case studies.

By SILVA M M

Aug 05, 2020

This was a great course, it provided me with many helpful history and data about feminism. Everyone should take it for better understanding of its objectives and why it exists.

By MAHALAXMI T

Jul 11, 2020

This course was really helpful.... feminism is such a topic which everyone should understand. I was very much inspired to choose this topic . I would suggest many to choose it.

By Arundhati S

Jul 05, 2020

It was a fascinating opportunity to learn about Feminism and Social Justice Movement in such a short while. The course is well-designed. It was an overall rewarding experience.

By Janice L

Jun 15, 2020

Great course and I learned a lot. I wish it were longer than 4 weeks. I liked that the professor was actually teaching a class rather than someone simply talking to a camera.

By Diane H

Apr 03, 2020

The content of this course was really good and well presented. It really gave a good introduction into different aspects of the Feminism movement both historic and present day.