Back to Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals by University of California, Irvine

Impact your financial decisions and learn how to affect the performance of your unit's profitability and of your organization. In this course gain a basic understanding of finance and accounting concepts to drive your organization's growth. Upon completion of this course, you will have gained general financial knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the impact of your decisions outside your functional area. Content of the course includes selected aspects of finance from a non-financial specialist perspective. Specific topics include: financial analysis; planning, forecasting, and budgeting; cash flow, and strategic financing. This class will be interactive and will require the active involvement of the participants in finance related activities. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Explain the importance of finance and interpretation of financial information 2. Apply the concepts of accounting and finance to analyze financials 3. Learn about key accounting and finance terms 4. Examine financial statements by using key ratios 5. Explain the importance of budgeting process 6. Learn about key components needed to improve profitability...

AC

Dec 15, 2017

I've enjoyed this course. Prof. Standen gives a very basic but clear overview of the most common financial topics, wished I had this course a couple of years ago it would have made my life way easier.

EM

Feb 22, 2019

An excellent well-rounded course and perfect for anyone who would like to gain some insight into financial practices. I would highly recommend this course, "Finance for Non-Financial Professionals."

501 - 523 of 523 Reviews for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

By Sunil G

Sep 27, 2015

Good content for a short duration course.

By Constance B

Jan 17, 2016

A very quick overview of finance. Good review of fundamentals but not a lot of depth.

By Aarushi I

Sep 23, 2015

It could be more elaborated. In the 3rd week, there was more equations and hurry to complete the topic, i think. But all in all good. It gives you a brief idea of finance.

By Paul J M

Dec 18, 2015

A clear, if fairly basic, introduction. The lack of discussion forums makes it a fairly sterile experience.

By Ibrahem A M A

Jul 21, 2017

Isn't beginner-friendly.

By MEHDI E

Jul 16, 2016

Volume too low.... need more concrete examples.

Thank you for your effort though. I learned from the course.

By Erlend D S

Sep 23, 2015

Very very simple. Recommended if you need a fast and simple introduction to finance.

By Roberto T

Feb 26, 2016

It was a bit confusing to understand the topics and try to learn them by heart.

By 黃揚策

Sep 11, 2015

Thanks a lot!

Financing is really large field! But it is a little too cramming for me...

By abdelrhman e

Aug 15, 2019

there is a lot of definitions that are to much than what i though from the introduction and about the course segment

By Mohamed M

Aug 18, 2019

need more examples

Feb 11, 2018

ROE = Net Income ($1,280) / Shareholder's Equity ($3,062) = 42%, not 43%. Your mistake in the assignment causes me to be given 0 points.

By Janarthanan B

Oct 05, 2015

Please include exercises for computing the ratios and the valuation methods. In-video questions would have helped more. The quiz does not actually test the understanding of the topic in-depth. There can be some external readings suggested - resources that help us get more understanding on the subjects discussed.

By Mahesh N

Nov 14, 2017

This course is pretty hand-wavy with very less details/examples.

By Nart A

Oct 25, 2015

First noticeable thing is that the instructor doesn't convey competence very well. He lacks the practical examples to explain the principles more efficiently. The result for me was that, although he chose not to go deep, the principles weren't as clear, memorable or relevant as I think they could have been.

I did learn a few useful things of course, but it was a disappointment in general.

By Michal G

Mar 31, 2016

Very general content. Not as useful as I thought it would be, but maybe I should have read the introduction better:)

By Robert A

Oct 09, 2015

Pretty hard to Keep track but the content was good.

I probably need to be a bit more focussed next time.

By Roberto E A A

Aug 29, 2015

Vague

By Felipe

Sep 25, 2018

IT´S A VERY BASIC COURSE. IT´S MISSING ALL ABOUT INTEREST RATES, AND THAT´S WHAT I´M LOOKING FOR.

By Siddhivinayak S

Aug 12, 2019

Very basic knowledge. Should be more in depth.

By Cassia M L

Oct 07, 2015

For me it was boring and too specific. I had a great difficult in understanding it....I quitted before ending.

By Sam G

Sep 05, 2015

Superficial and not well presented.

By Jennifer L B

Dec 04, 2016

I didn't think it was possible to dislike finance more after taking a course designed for non-financial professionals. Clearly, I should have known more about finances before taking this class, and perhaps I would have liked it more. However, I left the course feeling more frustrated than ever.