Back to Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals by University of California, Irvine

Impact your financial decisions and learn how to affect the performance of your unit's profitability and of your organization. In this course gain a basic understanding of finance and accounting concepts to drive your organization's growth. Upon completion of this course, you will have gained general financial knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the impact of your decisions outside your functional area. Content of the course includes selected aspects of finance from a non-financial specialist perspective. Specific topics include: financial analysis; planning, forecasting, and budgeting; cash flow, and strategic financing. This class will be interactive and will require the active involvement of the participants in finance related activities. Upon completing this course, you will be able to: 1. Explain the importance of finance and interpretation of financial information 2. Apply the concepts of accounting and finance to analyze financials 3. Learn about key accounting and finance terms 4. Examine financial statements by using key ratios 5. Explain the importance of budgeting process 6. Learn about key components needed to improve profitability...

AC

Dec 15, 2017

I've enjoyed this course. Prof. Standen gives a very basic but clear overview of the most common financial topics, wished I had this course a couple of years ago it would have made my life way easier.

EM

Feb 22, 2019

An excellent well-rounded course and perfect for anyone who would like to gain some insight into financial practices. I would highly recommend this course, "Finance for Non-Financial Professionals."

51 - 75 of 549 Reviews for Finance for Non-Financial Professionals

By AMITAVA D

Sep 27, 2015

This is a must for everyone. From Financial Statements to Valuating companies it covers everything that one needs to know. Lucidly explained and compellingly presented.

By Robson A S

Jan 19, 2016

For non financial profissional like me, this course gave me plenty of ideas about financial concepts that you help follow any kind of financial discussion in my company.

By Eyong K E

Oct 17, 2019

I Love this course. I am a software engineer and at first, I thought this was irrelevant, but after taking this course, I can say I am lucky for having this experience.

By Sue P

Sep 10, 2015

excellent presentation. not complicated with excess examples or digressions. good visuals that were easy to understand. Explanation given from a position of experience.

By Erwin D

Apr 04, 2020

Great course for non-finance professionals! It provides a good overview of what you need to understand how organization are and should in the financial perspective!

By Berenice O

Sep 19, 2015

I enjoyed this course. I somehow remember the accounting terminologies better after having completed this course than before when I was busy with my "self-studies"

By Владислав

Oct 13, 2015

I've passed my first week within the night - that's how interesting it seemed to me.

Hope there will be a lot useful knowledge further.

Great thanks to the tacher.

By Narmin

Feb 16, 2016

I have just finished the first week, and I already understand that this course has all what I need to be aware of accounting and finance for my first business!

By Jaykumar P

Mar 24, 2020

This course provided me with basic knowledge about finance. It helped me learn about the balance sheets, financial statements, costing and valuation methods.

By Hiral C

Jun 27, 2016

Very Useful, easy to understand, short yet informative course for non finance professionals to understand the basic concepts. worth every minute spent on it!

By Igor K

Feb 07, 2018

Great course with very good examples provided by interesting and energetic professor. I really recommend it to people with some or no financial knowledge.

By Daniel C

Jan 29, 2018

This course gave me an overview of finance being a non-financial professional. I took advantage of the ratios and the valuation of companies. Very useful.

By Hlompho S

Apr 01, 2020

Exceptional course. Covered a wide range of critical topics, providing the basic knowledge necessary in a very friendly manner, especially for beginners.

By Mohamed A R

Apr 03, 2020

Nice Course for anyone who wants to learn the main principles of Accounting & Finance, How to use to financial ratios and How to valutate any investment

By Matteo G

Feb 02, 2020

The course is what I expected. It gave me a little confidence and autonomy in understanding financial statements as well as the existing business logic.

By Jenny S

Jun 22, 2016

Was initially nervous going into this course however, the information, examples, and presentation were really easy to follow and understand. Well done!

By Anil K

Sep 28, 2015

The course is a very well designed for the non-financial back ground professionals. Really gives an in-sight into the financial equations.

Anil Kumar

By Isa B E

Sep 28, 2015

Me parece que el tutor David Standen explica los conceptos de una manera muy clara, es muy fácil entenderle. Los temas del curso son muy pertinentes.

By Carly N

Jul 12, 2018

Instructor was good. Great explanation of a confusing subject matter for me. I felt like I understood a bit more about finance after this course.

By James D

Apr 03, 2020

Very good overall. Really informative and well structured. Could be improved with some more practical examples to reinforce what you've learnt.

By Wan A A

Nov 11, 2019

Very good design of e-learning. Teaches you all you need to know just enough that you will continue to research about the subject afterwards.

By pratik s

Mar 22, 2020

It was a great overview and touched many topics a working professional or someone starting in management sector should have knowledge about.

By Donghan C

Jan 04, 2016

It is a good start for people always hear about terminologies in finance but never have a chance to lay out the structure of all concepts.

By Pauline T

Jan 19, 2016

Great learning!! Appreciate UCI and Coursera for making learning fun and accessible.

Keep up the great job. You have made a difference.

By Щедрин Н А

Nov 14, 2019

Thanks a lot for great Job and courses! I will advise them to my colleagues. Wish you goodluck in your carrier and life! Thanks again!