Back to Financial Accounting: Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Accounting: Foundations by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

In this course, you will learn foundations of financial accounting information. You will start your journey with a general overview of what financial accounting information is and the main financial statements. You will then learn how to code financial transactions in financial accounting language. In the meantime, you will learn about the most important concept in contemporary financial accounting: accrual accounting. You will then critically analyze how firms recognize revenues. Finally, you will finish the course with an analysis of accounting for short-term assets where you will go into detail on how firms account for accounts receivables and inventories. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to: • Understand main financial statements and the financial information they provide • Write a financial transaction in financial accounting language and understand how this impacts main financial statements • Understand how accrual accounting and fundamental accounting concepts work • Understand revenue recognition principles and how they impact main financial statements • Account for accounts receivables and inventories. This course is part of the iMBA offered by the University of Illinois, a flexible, fully-accredited online MBA at an incredibly competitive price. For more information, please see the Resource page in this course and onlinemba.illinois.edu....

AD

Sep 04, 2017

Though I have been through Intro Accounting some 3 or 4 times through different classes and seminars, I still found myself learning from this detailed and straight forward presentation of information.

YP

Jun 07, 2020

The modules were extremely informative and nothing less to say, Oktay sir's presentations were very easy to understand even for a person like me who has no prior knowledge about Financial Accounting.

126 - 150 of 593 Reviews for Financial Accounting: Foundations

By Kyle H

Jun 14, 2019

This course was a good basis for financial accounting and was formatted in a way that facilitated quality learning!

By Olwenyi R

The course provides the beginning insight to accounting to any person even a non-professionals. Thank you coursera

By Angelo O A

Apr 14, 2017

What a great course. I built a great foundation of my accounting skills for my future use in the business world.

By Vasvi M

Sep 16, 2019

Excellent course that provides you with in-depth case studies to get a better understanding of the fundamentals

By Leila Z

May 01, 2018

Super great course!I have learnt a lot and am sure this course will do me a lot of benefits in the near future!

By Eun L

Jan 27, 2018

Very good course! short and to the point. More examples would be helpful though to apply to different numbers.

By Akash K

Apr 25, 2020

it was an awesome journey throughout. Get to learn a lot of things which will help me in my corporate carrier.

By Kamal A

Feb 27, 2017

This Course is very Helpful for beginners who are not from Financial field but are very keen to learn finance.

By Alexa R

Apr 23, 2020

I learned so much! There are case studies for each module that really help you learn how to use the material.

By John T M

Jun 12, 2020

Great overview of basic accounting. I had accounting in college and this was a very good brief introduction.

By Guy B D

Sep 19, 2019

the topics are being transferred in a good way, and it's easy to learn. the lecturer is really professional.

By Ganon T

Jul 08, 2020

ce cours nous apporte plusieur connaissance en comptabilité et s'est aussi la base de la gestion financiere

By Ravan B R

Apr 30, 2020

Hello. I am Ravan. Everything was very good. Only excellent words can be said about the course. Thank you.

By mukesh s

Mar 07, 2020

course is really very good. I am enjoying learning from best of the professor. such a incredible platform.

By Luis G

Sep 16, 2018

El curso ha sido excelente y muy útil para continuar avanzando en mi carrera. Muchas gracias al profesor!

By Joshua V

Jul 09, 2018

Great course for someone with an engineering background that needed a ground up overview of this topic.

By Itabayeva S

Aug 01, 2020

The course is really useful.

I liked that there is so much cases and exercises in the course.

By Andrew C

Dec 13, 2016

Excellent class! Professor Urcan portrays brilliance in teaching accounting! Would highly recommend.

By Jeane K

Jul 21, 2020

I really appreciate the PowerPoint slides. The explanations on the practice quizzes are also helpful!

By Emmanuel O

Sep 18, 2019

Revolutionary way to learn. I desire to keep learning. I need to work on my time discipline in future

By Yurii L

Aug 04, 2019

It's one of the best courses that I have done. Course gives me deep knowledge and increase my skills!

By Allen S

Mar 04, 2018

Tough concept but the professor was informative and provided plenty of examples, real-world examples.

By A.Sarveswara R

Apr 23, 2020

Financial Accounting: Foundations. this course is very informative & really it's worth full to take.

By Xiaowen Z

Nov 05, 2019

This is a very good course for those who do not have accounting-related knowledge. Highly recommend.

By Hamza A

Jun 04, 2020

An excellent opportunity for all students of any field to learn the basics of financial accounting.