Back to Financial Engineering and Risk Management Part I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Financial Engineering and Risk Management Part I by Columbia University

Financial Engineering is a multidisciplinary field drawing from finance and economics, mathematics, statistics, engineering and computational methods. The emphasis of FE & RM Part I will be on the use of simple stochastic models to price derivative securities in various asset classes including equities, fixed income, credit and mortgage-backed securities. We will also consider the role that some of these asset classes played during the financial crisis. A notable feature of this course will be an interview module with Emanuel Derman, the renowned ``quant'' and best-selling author of "My Life as a Quant". We hope that students who complete the course will begin to understand the "rocket science" behind financial engineering but perhaps more importantly, we hope they will also understand the limitations of this theory in practice and why financial models should always be treated with a healthy degree of skepticism. The follow-on course FE & RM Part II will continue to develop derivatives pricing models but it will also focus on asset allocation and portfolio optimization as well as other applications of financial engineering such as real options, commodity and energy derivatives and algorithmic trading....

MM
Jul 11, 2017

I appreciate how this course not only discusses the concepts in technical detail, but actually delves into the mathematics of the subject matter, and teaches how to actually do the actual work inv

EG
Aug 10, 2015

The content of this course is apropiate for drive the finances and risk, We be lear more about this course\n\nI am Engenier in Sofware, the know of finances is aplicable in anyware software.

151 - 175 of 433 Reviews for Financial Engineering and Risk Management Part I

By Yixuan X

Dec 30, 2015

A very good course for students of Financial Engineering. Recommend people who have basic financial mathematics knowledge to join the course.

By Kanishk R

Jul 20, 2020

Extremely well structured, and perfect for what it was meant to achieve. I am very impressed by the faculty, they are really good lecturers!

By Anthony F

Jan 26, 2021

Amazing course! Intuitive, clear, in-depth explanations! A great mix of theory, implementation, and practical use-cases! Thank you so much!

By Asmaâ L

Aug 14, 2017

Very good course ! Quite tricky at times (especially for beginners) but I really enjoyed it !

Many thanks to the instructors & mentors ! :)

By Michele

Sep 29, 2018

This course has been very interesting and has improved my knowledge how financial instruments works.

I am really grateful to professors.

By Imane A

May 12, 2020

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. I LEARNT ALOT ABOUT MY ONE AND ONLY PASSION. my sincere regards and respect to all the teachers and classmates

By Gerardo M D H

May 31, 2018

A course with easy explanations, financial engineering can be understood by almost anyone, and exams do not have a higher difficulty

By Partha M

Sep 24, 2017

Excellent material and well explained by the proffesors and the mentors been very kind to answer all queries till you get it right.

By Jose C D A

Nov 5, 2020

It gives material and a full view of the financial risk management strategies. It is awesome and challenging as well. Congrats!

By Jorge P

Jun 12, 2017

Absolutely brilliant course, it is challenging and rewarding. The instructors are very clear and the assignments are fun to do!

By Md H U

May 31, 2018

Amazing course! You will fall in love with the modeling part of Finance. The assignments are little tough compared to course.

By Mahdi S

Oct 23, 2016

Really good explained. I also loved the exams. but I think you should have some background in finance if you want to enroll.

By Daniel S

Aug 28, 2017

Lots of great videos, practice, examples. Great introduction Financial Engineering and I'm excited to learn more about it.

By LENDRICK R

Aug 5, 2017

Makes clear concepts I've been struggling with; for me, understanding equals easier to digest and remember. :-) Well done.

By Sarthak P

Sep 16, 2020

A well-Planned course for any finance world enthusiast who wishes to learn more about the field of Quantitative Finance.

By Noel R

Feb 13, 2021

Great course

Material is well explained

Currently working as a financial engineer and can see where everything is applied

By Manuel V G

Apr 28, 2020

Un curso perfecto para introducirse en la Ingeniería Financiera y entender el funcionamiento de los modelos financieros

By Kobe G

May 11, 2019

This course is really challgenging yet provides a very good overview of diffrent financial insturments. Higly recommend

By MARIO Z A

Apr 15, 2018

Excellent course. The best in his category, the way that teaches the financial management is the mathematical approach.

By Lars E P

Apr 27, 2017

Excellent introductory course to the subject! Requires some basic math (and programming if you are not an excel fan)

By Julia R

Jul 2, 2020

Lot of work! it is very hard and intensive but it gives an update of financial tools required in capital markets.

By Jona M

Jun 10, 2018

Excellent course! I very good first dive in the world of financial engineering. Can't wait to enroll for part II

By 何欣

Jul 31, 2017

Fascinating course covering all kinds of financial products, a great preparation course for higher grade study.

By Chi Z

Dec 30, 2018

Wonderful topics! Just suffered from EXCEL these days? It is better to provide some python or R codes.

Dars

By Arefo E

Nov 1, 2018

It's very insightful and eye-opening for me, since this course topic is not quite popular in my country