Back to Financial Markets

SK

251 - 275 of 3,216 Reviews for Financial Markets

By Deborah J W

Oct 16, 2020

I appreciated that course material wasn't just great theory, but was always delivered with lots of practical real scenarios, stories to support the material and examples from history, that were engaging, and humorous. Professor Schiller was passionate, considerate and entertaining at times which really improved my interest in the material.

By Dev V S

Jul 19, 2020

Take it as a journey. You'll be rewarded for your persistence. Sometimes, things might fly over your head, but don't lose focus. You will ultimately understand them. It is once in a lifetime opportunity to be this close to a Nobel laureate and understand how his mind works, don't let it pass.You'll learn a lot, you'll enjoy a lot. Cheers!

By Rohan D

Jun 14, 2020

This course provides a deep understanding about the Financial Markets and this course have enabled me to extract more knowledge on various rules and regulations and the financial instruments which are being used. This course was fully equipped with the knowledge need for any person interested to know about the working of financial systems.

By Victor A A

Apr 14, 2020

Only few courses, faculty and teaching appeal to stakeholders across the learning and professional strata: Financial Markets taught by Professor Robert Shiller is notches up the pyramid, all by itself.

Everyone, finance-inclined or not but who daily transacts needs this eye-opening course to avoid the blindness we live with without knowing.

By FRANCIS K K

Feb 22, 2020

The course gave me a broad and understandable overview of how the financial market works. I enjoyed every single lecture as it was always an opportunity to learn something new or get a better understanding of a concept. The project taught me a lot and listening to the interviews was an amazing experience. Prof. Shiller is a rare blessing.

By Manish K

Sep 17, 2017

I really enjoyed taking this course. The content is very appropriate and state of the art. The examples and exercises are very challenging. The student interaction is quite informative and gives a feeling of actually attending the course in person. The bonus interviews are just the cream on the cake. Prof. Shiller is a fascinating orator.

By Markus K

Jan 06, 2018

A great course to take. It is a great joy to listen to Professor Shiller. The course is very well designed and presents highlights from the lectures as well as from more private group discussion situations. It offers a great overview of financial tools and shows why financial markets are important and what they have to offer to society.

By Xi

Aug 16, 2020

As a student majoring in Finance and Economics at other unis, many of the concepts were familiar to me. But I still learnt tons of new things with Professor Shriller. This is an amazing opportunity to better understand real world finance and the experience was perfect. Couldn’t recommend more to anyone who are interested in this field!

By Chow Y S

A very good brief introduction about how financialization has help changed the world. Do not take this course to learn how to make money but take this course only if you want to learn about the start of using financialization to improve the standard of livings of people around the world and how it has help to allocated scare resources.

By Biao L

Oct 28, 2018

this is my first financial course, and it was great, and I have learned lots of basic and advanced financial concepts, which are really helpful. it gets me to start understanding the financial world I had zero knowledge before.

I really enjoyed this course, very appreciated the course and work the coursera and the professors have done.

By Pavithra C

Its a really good course. I understood the basics of finance and the working of financial markets. The terminologies used are pretty simple, only some are complex. I learnt a lot of new concepts and a different view towards finance. Really good course. Recommended for beginners who have a bit of knowledge of finance. Its worth it.

By Andrew K

Apr 14, 2018

This is a broad based course. Its well worth getting to know Prof. Schiller. A great professor. It veers a little philosophical, but I'm fine with that. I'm sure there are many quantitative courses out there with less of a perspective. The course also gives a great taste to what its like to go to Yale, and that is well worth it.

By Arman O

Mar 09, 2020

Recommend to this course to everyone who wants to understand risk management and behavioral finance principles to understand the real-world functioning of securities, insurance, and banking industries. Many finance and economy books are written based on Robert James Shiller works, you will find this course useful and informative.

By Mark B

Feb 27, 2020

Interesting and informative from start to finish, Prof Stiller adds his personal touch to spice up the material which could otherwise bland. I especially connected with the moral code carried throughout the course on the greater good for humanity beyond the profit and money-generating capacity that the finance sector can provide.

By Sangeeth R

Jun 19, 2020

i used to find the methods by which warren buffet made his money very interesting,, but this course has given me useful insights on the other aspects of finance such as the history of it, how things are regulated and by what... I thank Professor Shiller for giving me an idea about all this.. the course was intriguing and fun too

By Faisal n K

Nov 05, 2018

Learned alot of new things like behavioural finance and origin of financial products like insurance and CDOs etc.knowledge of professor shiller is amazing .Definitely would recommed professor to make more advanced version of this course.Best course available on MOOC.thank u Coursera,Yale university and Professor Robert Shiller.

By Duane M

Sep 28, 2020

Professor Shiller is a very engaging lecturer and really communicates the material in a way that removes most of the mystery surrounding financial markets. I highly recommend this course for anyone interested in finance, either as a career, or just to learn more about financial markets for your own personal financial planning.

By sumanth r

Jul 20, 2020

I have really enjoyed attending the university, i have found the course is very interesting and informative.There is plenty of support available, a wide range of books, journals and articles available online for students to access. Professor for the course is amazing in the way they deliver the information and support students.

By Lee S T

Mar 28, 2019

I found the course very useful especially the insights and presentation delivered by professor from a top tier university. Not only strengthen my understanding to financial markets, I also explored new knowledge and concepts through the course. I am highly recommended the course to everyone who is working in financial industry.

By ABHIMANYU

for me as a beginner, this course seems a bit difficult for me at the start but the way the professor presented every aspect of market leaves no stone unturned,

This course is not for a beginner , but with the help of google you can complete it.

Thank you professor for this course and Coursera too.

I am looking for more courses.

By Candice F

May 07, 2020

A fabulous overview and for me personally an excellent refresher (many years ago I studied economics, but have gotten rather rusty and lazy over the years) - I once again feel equipped to have meaningful and intelligent conversation about the financial markets, the economy and the 'financial' times we suddenly find ourselves.

By Roman K

Aug 27, 2019

Mostly explanations of general concepts and principles, but they are clear and straightforward, not much math. Trusted professor with practical expertise and prizes in the field.

Might be suitable and interesting for common folk looking to improve their financial literacy. Perfect teaser for further deep diving into the topic.

By NORLIZA M H

Jul 06, 2018

it's really good and a must for everyone. Professor Shiller explained it with every aspect I need. I cried at the last Lesson (Lesson #18) with the background music and his thoughts about Finance . I will not stop here. I will also would want to contribute something on Finance one day !! Thank you so much Professor Shiller .

By Janice B

Nov 26, 2017

Intro to Financial Markets exceeded all my expectations and I'm not easy to please! I have been recommending it to all my friends and family. It's practical, entertaining and puts topics in social/historical context. Great combination of topics, great professor, great format (lecture, chalk talks, salons and 3 tier quizzes).