Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

CS

Aug 27, 2019

NK

Feb 25, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

176 - 200 of 3,094 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Luann T

Feb 10, 2019

This course is a very basic course on nutrients and nutrition, with the added bonus of a number of easy to fix recipes and guidelines on how to shop in a grocery store. It is an overview only, but one that provides easy to understand explanations. I would recommend this to anyone starting out in this subject.

By Redfella

Jan 29, 2019

Really good presentation dealing with our attitude towards food. Provides a very digestible overview of the science and practical tips on shopping, preparation and making good food choices. Helps to destroy myths about food that are often used as excuses for not taking responsibility for one's choices. In sh

By Tamar J

Apr 07, 2019

I had very basic knowledge about food and nutrition. I hate cooking at home and think that it isn't worth spending time on... But after this course I think I revise my findings and try to eat more healthy and cook at home. I have many questions, this is basic course and recommended for starters in this field:)

By Adalis F

Jan 20, 2018

Wonderfull done, the explanation by MD Maya Adam and the observations of Tim Dang are fantastique: claire and very well ilustreted, It is so interesting to learn better how, when, where, and what to eat , if you have a general idea, with this training you will be more accure that you eat healthier and better.

By niky L

Nov 27, 2016

I'm a student form China exactly. I thought it may be difficult for me to learn in English originally, but illustrated with the lively and vivid cartoon, the course is more efficient and thorough to understand. Anyway, thanks all who provide such a exquisite and meaningful course for us to learn about. Thanks.

By Maria I V

Jan 20, 2016

I really enjoy the course. I learn a lot of things about food that i didn't know.

On the other hand I realized I was wrong about the amount of food we eat , the portions and the way of thinking about food.

It's a very interesting course, the material is very clear. I enjoyed very much!!!

Greetings from Colombia

By Derek J B

Sep 12, 2017

Just what I needed to take better control of my relationship with food and what I put in my body. I walked away with a basic understanding of nutrition and am more empowered than ever to cook. It's true, we make cooking out to be an arduous task but in reality it's fun, rewarding, and it can be pretty simple.

By Rafael A

Mar 09, 2016

The course is great for beginners in nutrition, it helps dissolve a lot of the misinformation in the food industry today and can help change our eating habits with some helpful tips and lessons. A follow-up course would be needed to really expand and touch upon the many subjects this course introduces us to.

By ankur

Dec 24, 2018

This course really introduces the basics of food & health in a very simple yet effective manner. Great thing is, it goes in to details which are necessary without making it too technical. It also covers a little bit of history, basically as a introductory course which is adds value to the overall knowledge.

By Aditya h

Jun 12, 2016

Fantastic content!. Prof Maya condenses healthy eating into concrete and simple item sets -

1.What food items to eat and what to avoid

2. Where to find them in the Supermarket, how to read the nutrition labels on packaged food

3. Healthy cooking with minimal ingredients

4. Awesome recipes for healthy dishes

By maria i i

Aug 16, 2017

I thought everything about this course was important. With so many new trends, diets, books, "research" theories, etc; its very good to learn what actually matters. I would recommend this to every single person I know that is not completely sure if they're eating the "right way" that supports their health.

By Sarah W

Mar 12, 2017

This quick course helped me FINALLY understand the importance of nutrient-rich foods and how they are used in the body. It repeats a lot of information I've heard throughout my life, but explains the WHY behind it. I feel confident to make much better decisions about my food and, therefore, overall health.

By Abigail R

Jan 23, 2018

It's a great course! I've learned a lot about healthy eating and I have been inspired to eat better. Eating healthy is hard, in my opinion, because unhealthy food is all around you, is cheaper, and looks very appealing. However, in this course, she made eating healthy look appealing and not too expensive.

By Angélica S

Apr 01, 2016

I recommend widely this course, it reaches very important information about our western diet and how can we improve it to a healthy diet. As a Physician I got important tips for my patients, most of them have metabolic syndrom; and obviously I want to apply this information to me and to my family health.

By Кривушкина В Ю

Jan 31, 2020

Great course! Very clear, easily accessible presentation of information from the point of view of the science, of medicine and life examples. Interesting interviews, a beautiful video. Thank you for this course Stanford and Coursera! Definitely recommend it, as for profession and also for self education.

By Steve R

Nov 28, 2019

Excellently prepared and presented course. Maya is superbly knowledgeable and talented as a presenter of this valuable information. We cook at home on a regular basis, so we are in control of what we eat. Now we have the knowledge of what to consider in choosing our menus and ingredients. Thank you Maya.

By Andrea B

Dec 01, 2016

This was a fantastic introduction, as the food suggests. The commitment is very minimal, and the quizes are very fair, and help to reaffirm and commit to memory what you just learned. I completed the whole course in a few short days! Will definitely be taking other courses by this instructor if possible.

By Marcela M

May 31, 2016

I loved it! The format was excellent, the information was well presented -and useful- and I really liked that the recipes at the end were actually taught, and then we could have the printed version.

The only thing I didn't like was that it seemed too short :-)

I look forward to the next class!

Marcela

By GIDGET P

Nov 13, 2019

This course was insightful and not overwhelming. I was able to take in the information sans the stress of complicated reading and unreasonable deadlines. Such simple food and wellness recommendations that give the student a positive outlook at achieving best practices in food education. Thank You!

By Akash P

Jun 08, 2018

The course provides a lot of essential information about our daily diet and also includes some immediately actionable advice.

The material is presented in a very fun and engaging way (great Production team!) and is very accessible.

The only prerequisite that I see here is that you should know english!

By Jenifer B

Jul 21, 2017

This was an incredibly helpful and practical class about how to better the way I relate to my food and diet. It took a practical, relatable approach to teach long term habits that could only benefit the student. I thoroughly enjoyed this course and I am already incorporating new habits into my life.

By VICTOR B

Feb 10, 2016

I really enjoyed the course, the simplicity of the lectures made each of the topics easy to understand.. it's been great to have participated in this course, I feel much more equipped in knowledge of nutrition and better understanding of the differences between nutrient dense foods vs energy dense.

By Светлана Э

Feb 19, 2019

Thank you for this course! i Glad to learn new information about health & nutrition. I hope for succesesful students will be free sertificates soon=)

I know that Free information not be appriciated as an usually, but think most successesfully deserve to have the list with marks=)

Thank you so much!

By Karen P

Mar 20, 2016

This course literally changed my life. I have been trying to cook healthy meals, and actually have certain ingredients I always have, like lemons, onions, olive oil, and several others. I took this course at a perfect time, where it really helped me move more toward plant-based meals. Thank you.

By Srikar K P

Dec 16, 2017

I thoroughly enjoyed the informative course. The presentation was good as well.

Perhaps the flip side of it being a US-central is that the food recommendations and the recipes in Week 5 were many a times impossible to make in my home (India). Nevertheless, the other sessions were quite fascinating.