Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

AE
Jun 21, 2018

NK
Feb 24, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

201 - 225 of 5,267 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Jhonatan J A E

Jan 23, 2017

The lectures are short and pragmatic, addressing the most relevant points of interest of an average person towards nutrition. Almost every of these lectures provide simple and doable advice to implement it right away, while all the information is research-based. Assessments allow you to strenghten your insights upon the information given through precise and thorough feed-back.

By DR J M

Feb 14, 2020

Rrespected Sir/Madam,With your kind attention I inform that I purchased the certificate of Stanford Introduction of Food and Health by STANFORD UNIVERSITY . But I cannot get any information still today .So I am very sorry for negligence about my payment on 07 .01.2020.Thanks for kind cooperation. Yous faithfully, DR.JOYDEV MONDAL, Email:drmondaljoy2019@gmail.com.

By Veleka G

Aug 27, 2019

I already knew a lot of the things discussed here befor eundertaking the course but I think that only made me appreciate more how well it was structured and how clearly it presented so much and such important information about health and nutrition. I really also liked the combination of theory and practice. I would happily take a Part 2 of this course should one be released.

By Ariadna R G

Aug 27, 2018

Un curso muy interesante, los vídeos están subtitulados al español, pero no así los test, aunque considero que esto no es un grave problema, ya que se trata de un vocabulario sencillo de entender. Por lo que, si alguien no domina mucho el inglés, le recomiendo que no se preocupe y haga el curso, pues no encontrará una gran dificultad y sí le aportará buenos conocimientos .

By Gineth O

Mar 21, 2017

Una excelente introducción al Mundo de los Alimentos, la Nutrición y la Salud. De manera simple pero con un muy buen nivel , la Doctora explica los diferentes tipos de alimentos, su naturaleza , y la mejor forma de utilizarlos . Igualmente nos introduce en el tema de los alimentos procesados y en los peligros que estos pueden constituir para nuestra salud. Muy recomendado.

By Jitka S

Feb 12, 2020

Great to get the basics of what eating healthy means. It is short and concise, you get the necessary information in an understandable and structured way. It is good for those who want to start eating healthy and don't know how to do it. However it is not meant for someone who already eats healthy and would like to get a bit more insight into the science behind nutrition.

By Judith S B

Feb 4, 2016

Excelente curso me encanto!! Realmente es muy importante verlo para introducirnos en los cuidados necesarios de nuestra salud que inicia con el mantenimiento de la misma y la prevención de las enfermedades, y la mejor manera de hacerlo es a través de la nutrición. En fin, recomiendo muchisimo este curso que aborda aspectos super importantes en el margen de la nutrición .

By Buket A B

Oct 2, 2019

First of all, thank you for this clear course. I said clear because eventhough I have Social Sciences Economics background, I could easily understand the content. After taking this course, I've decided to apply master class of Dietetics in my country, Istanbul/Turkey. I hope that I can reach my goal in next 2 years supporting myself with Coursera courses.

Thanks,

Buket

By Kano Y

Feb 9, 2020

I learnt the basic of food and health on this course. It made me more aware of what to choose and eat with a positive mindset. To eat is a thing on daily basis and fundamental part of living and health. I will keep practicing to create my own healthy harmony in food with moderation. I would recommend this course to anybody who would like to empower your life by food.

By Josè H V

Dec 4, 2018

GENIAL.

En estos momentos estoy un poco mal de salud y este curso me cayó como caído del cielo, gracias enormes a quien lo hizo, a quien lo pensó y a Maya, la persona que conocí a través de este vídeo.

Bendiciones para cada uno de ustedes y reciban un abrazo cordial también para cada uno de ustedes EQUIPO MARAVILLOSO, que comparte para la salud de millones de personas.

By Alana T

Jan 3, 2017

Everyone should take this course. The language is simple and the concepts are not so in depth as to lead to confusion, but rather give a great foundation about humans' relationships with food. Educating the future generations on how to build a healthy life for themselves could really start with a course like this. Very coherent and manageable course, worth your time.

By Agustin

Apr 22, 2020

I really enjoyed the simplicity of this course. All the basics where explained in a simple manner along with achievable steps that can be applied to any type of living situation, schedule, etc. I also enjoyed the simple tricks to look out for when reading a label. I think this should be expanded a little more as it's something anyone can do and can assist extremely.

By Adriana B d A

Apr 9, 2017

Marvelous course! I had a wonderful time learning and enjoying the lessons! I am very grateful for both! Professor Maya made everything so special because I could sense it was a pleasure to her educating her students and sharing this education with her family members. I am eager to learn more from her and looking forward to her next course!

Adriana Bonorino de Aragão

By Luba N

Oct 31, 2016

Easy and well-structured course for those who want to begin exploring how food affects our health and what and how to eat to live a longer and happier life. Those who are already interested in the topic might find the course very basic. Most of examples are about so called Western diet and American eating habits so it might be less relevant for some other countries.

By Sarah A A

Nov 20, 2019

I enjoyed every single lecture, it graped your attention from the first minute to the last one, they break down the lectures in small parts , with great picture , videos , and talk.

Really smart and nice work

I love what I learned and I am applying them. I may listen again to this lectures in the future , just to help me to stay in the right track on my diet.

Thanks

By Kamaldeep s b

Aug 3, 2020

Hello, this course made me clear about fundamentals of real food we should eat in our daily life. In order to stay healthy focus on choosing right food ingredients which can support human body for long run. Well organised syllabus with multiple examples gives you clear understanding of the course layout. i am very much thankful on having this certification course.

By Charlie W

Aug 10, 2019

Great introduction and clearly laid out and informative. Would be fantastic if you could do a course that delves further into the biochemistry of all nutrients and how they work in our body. The science behind nutrition. Understanding exactly what happens to nutrients in our body would be fascinating and easier to digest my nutritional knowledge. Forgive the pun.

By Mitzi N H P A

Jan 27, 2019

Aprendí algunas cosas nuevas en cómo aprender a cuidar mi forma de alimentarme a mí y mi familia. También aprendí algunos tips sobre cómo realizar las compras en el supermercado, leer correctamente las etiquetas de los productos empacados y a realizar mejor los horarios entre semana para procurar comer más en casa y menos en restaurantes y en lugares de la calle.

By Amy

Aug 19, 2019

It is a great course in which I have learned a lot. The lectures are easy to understand and they have answered many questions that we might be wondering when looking at food labels and seeing various food advertisements. The suggestions they give during the course are also very practical and helpful, since keeping fit is a goal that everyone wishes to achieve.

By Wendy J P

Nov 11, 2020

Excellent course. Very easy to understand and educational. I learned a lot of info here that I had always had questions in my mind about. I am very happy that I took the course and passed. I am not very much of a cook but now maybe I won't think of cooking as of much of a chore any more. Maybe adding some spices to greens will get my husband to eat more

By Bochkareva O

Feb 25, 2020

Прослушав этот курс, мне стало понятнее как лучше всего подходить к вопросам питания. Понравилась мысль, что если брокколи находится в упаковке, то оно уже обработано, раньше этому не предавала особого значения. Мысль разумного потребления идёт не тезисно с первого видео, а материал последовательно подводит к этому. Спасибо за просветительскую деятельность!

By Vanesssa C B

Jul 24, 2019

First of all, I thank you for allowing me to see this course, it has been really rewarding, I have learned a lot, and I have felt motivated to change certain eating habits and have you love to cook my own food. In addition, it allows me to continue researching with great enthusiasm the compounds of interest in food and their relationship to health benefit.

By Khelsea M

Jun 27, 2017

This course provided a great overview of nutrition and introductory tips to increase cooking in the home. Instructions/suggestions are simple and easily applied into daily routine. I would recommend this course to others and hope to share this information to increase awareness of healthy eating, overeating and shopping in relation to labels and products.