Back to Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

NK

Feb 25, 2019

It was very informative course. It could have more quizzes and assignments. The way things were explained in the course was quiet interesting. Keep it up!! course. I really like this way of education.

TL

Oct 01, 2016

Extremely interesting course. I feel the material and videos were very easy to absorb and understand. I certainly would recommend this to anyone with an interest in food and how it affects our health.

201 - 225 of 2,993 Reviews for Stanford Introduction to Food and Health

By Ashley-Lynn

May 05, 2016

Fun, quick and easy course that had useful information for beginners and those with more experience alike. Don't expect to learn a lot about the physiology and chemical science of food, but has some great useful information for anyone looking to make healthier choices in their everyday li

By IFY I

Apr 01, 2018

Very very good course. The contents are so easy to understand and I like the fact that you are texted on your learning. Dr.MAya really knows her stuff and I enjoyed the course really well, as it was very clear, no systems or audio problems. Thank you for making this course this great.

By Tadahiro Y

Dec 12, 2016

The teacher`s pronunciation is really clear and easy to follow.And the movie makes me really relaxed and motivated me to the healthier life.This course is useful to change your view to foods.

After this lesson,I became to avoid fast food restaurants and try to eat vegetables and fruits.

By Daniel N G Y

Feb 25, 2016

I am 25 years old, and 6 month ago I went to the cardiologist because I was having high blood pressure. Since then I tried to change my eating habits, but choosing which foods to eat became a task that I didn't know was so hard. With this course actually became a lot easier. Thank you!

By Tharun K R B

Jan 23, 2016

This course changed the way I think about food. I became more informed about the choices of food in my daily life. I respect the views of Dr. Maya Adam and Mr. Pollan on cooking. It is a really short course and I have already recommended this course to several of my colleagues at work.

By Jo K

Sep 30, 2018

Full of eye-opening and helpful information presented in a clear, positive way. I've already changed my eating and shopping habits for the better with very little effort and the video recipes are wonderful. I hope Maya has a YouTube channel or something! Thanks for a fantastic course.

By Nicoleta D

Sep 11, 2019

The course was very well presented and it helped me realise the importance of home cooked food in relation to health. The recipes presented in the last week of the course are amazing, and this is a great way to help the students actually apply what they learned during the course. :)

By Juliet A

Jan 20, 2018

Sensible, informative, not overly complicated with practical tips that act as reminders and inspiration. You are helped to know just what to do. The added aspects of background music, interviews and recipes made in a real kitchen by a real mom made the course so much more enjoyable!

By Jossie L

Jul 02, 2017

Great introduction to nutrition and how to stay healthy through a balanced diet. One of my favorite parts was about how to plan meals starting with the vegetables, and how to shop at the grocery store to avoid processed foods. Very easy to understand and follow even for a busy mom.

By Astrid S

Mar 27, 2016

I really enjoyed this course - the recipes at the end are very nice, even though, gluten free is rather unnecessary, as only a very (very) small group of people actually need gluten free diets. But I liked the other content of the course very much.

Thanks for explaining and sharing.

By Rajalakshmi

Dec 12, 2018

It was really a eye opener to the way we can change our view towards home cooking and food choices which may ultimately gift us a healthy life. I want to make my friends watch this and understand the beauty if food and health and how we can actually control it for our own benefit

By Millie R J

Oct 23, 2016

Before i began this course, I have been studying food and nutrition since i was 13 years old. this course has helped me so much, The quantities and what foods to start a meal with, it has made my life a lot simpler. For those interested in food and health this is a great course.

By Lilla N

Dec 23, 2017

This was my first course at Coursera and I found it very enjoyable, informative and it had an easy-to-follow structure. It was good to learn about somehing which is part of our everyday life, and it makes me more conscious when I cook or do the shopping. Thank you very much!!

By Hugo J A F

Oct 13, 2016

Great experience! This course is really well structured. It have short but very objective lessons with really good take home messages. Easy to understand, and no time consuming. Congratulations to the organizers, specially to Maya Adams. I recommend this course to every one.

By Patricia S A

Apr 08, 2016

I really like this course. For me, it was a good introduction to know how to eat properly and how I should combine my food. The way Maya teach is clear and close, and you can understand and assimilate easily the concepts. Also, the videos of the last lesson are very helpful.

Feb 16, 2017

Excellent course! It is a very useful and helpful course. i learned a lot of new thinks of food we consume every day. And get a new way to look at your food, to love it not fight it. As a med student i want to thank you for your efforts to help us eat healthy and be healthy

By Sara M

Aug 19, 2016

I think that course is so useful ,, it helps me understand more about food ..the most thing i like about it is the great videos form as it gives me info in an interesting way avoid learners to get bored and frustrated with the info ,, it goes easy and smoothly so 5 rated ..

By Kalpagam

Feb 08, 2016

This course has helped to connect in a very persuasive and positive way to basics of food and health. It gives a deep yet simple approach to food and the art of eating, living and enjoying life. Kudos to Maya and her team!

Looking forward to more such courses in the future!

By Minerva N

Mar 12, 2017

Very helpful and informative course. Enjoyed the interviews with Michael Pollan. He always has something useful to say. I learned so much about nutrition, reading ingredient labels, shopping for groceries and living a healthy lifestyle. Enjoyed the recipes in the end too.

By Todor K

Sep 07, 2016

I really enjoy the course although I've only been through Week 1. The video lessons are interesting and full of useful information. They use a very easy to understand language so I can recommend the course to everyone who likes to improve their understanding on the topic.

By Minh A P T

Jun 18, 2017

This course provides me with reliable information about food and health. It is really informative and helpful. The professor is really passionate about the topic, which makes the subject much more interesting to study. I would strongly recommend this course to everyone.

By Carolina G

Nov 23, 2016

This is a great and really inspiring course on food, nutrients to improve your health. It really inspires you to take second look and how you feed yourself and others who matter to you. Most importantly it teaches you to respect food and to see the connection to the hum

By Trailer

Feb 15, 2016

This class helps me to realize the significance of foods and health.I had a bad dietary habits,then I have been fat and some chronic diseases.I thought i was lazy and didn't know how to deal with it.But now,i determine to have a healthier diet and lifestyle.

THANK YOU!

By MOHAMMEDASIF M S

Jan 30, 2019

Hi my name is asif because of this course i have take the opportunity to expand my knowledge and grow my skills . From this course i have leraned more about our health, nutrients, healthy tips and many more. so , i am thanking to give chance to me , Thank you so much

By Cynthia G

May 23, 2018

¡Excelente curso! Aprendí muchísimas cosas que no pensé fueran importantes para una buena alimentación. También aprendí algunos tips sobre algunos alimentos ahora me queda claro que tomaré en cuenta todo lo que aprendí para alimentarme adecuadamente. Congratulations!