Back to Front-End Web Development with React

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Front-End Web Development with React by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course explores Javascript based front-end application development, and in particular the React library (Currently Ver. 16.3). This course will use JavaScript ES6 for developing React application. You will also get an introduction to the use of Reactstrap for Bootstrap 4-based responsive UI design. You will be introduced to various aspects of React components. You will learn about React router and its use in developing single-page applications. You will also learn about designing controlled forms. You will be introduced to the Flux architecture and Redux. You will explore various aspects of Redux and use it to develop React-Redux powered applications. You will then learn to use Fetch for client-server communication and the use of REST API on the server side. A quick tour through React animation support and testing rounds off the course. You must have preferably completed the previous course in the specialization on Bootstrap 4, or have a working knowledge of Bootstrap 4 to be able to navigate this course. Also a good working knowledge of JavaScript, especially ES 5 is strongly recommended. At the end of this course you will: - Be familiar with client-side Javascript application development and the React library - Be able to implement single page applications in React - Be able to use various React features including components and forms - Be able to implement a functional front-end web application using React - Be able to use Reactstrap for designing responsive React applications - Be able to use Redux to design the architecture for a React-Redux application...

NS
Aug 6, 2020

One of the best course of React js and Redux on the web to buid a strong foundation of the subject , one must take this course to build a strong base in the subject.\n\nInsturctor is amazing !!

AR
Oct 4, 2020

Really loved this course!! As a beginner with React JS , this course helped me have a good understanding on the basics. I would definitely recommend this course to folks who are new to React .

676 - 700 of 832 Reviews for Front-End Web Development with React

By Pavlo S

Jun 17, 2021

The material in this course is unevenly distributed. The fourth week is too busy compared to rest: 512 MB in comparing to 316 MB for week 3 and 312 MB for week 2. I would recommend redistributing some of the fourth week information across the rest of the course weeks or create week 5 section. Sometimes there is pointing for other courses, but course is good and provides enough hands on experience to complete the practice.

By Андрей К

Apr 12, 2020

This course is great. It brings us the basic understanding of react and redux. I put 4 because I thought we would dive into React itself a bit more. For example we skipped react hooks. Also I believe anyone who joins this course is well prepared and familiar with JS and there is no need to explain a lot of features like Promise to the audience. I believe this course will help not only me to become a better web developer)

By Subham K

Feb 5, 2021

Really good for a beginner who wants to get a start in front-end development couldn't recommend it more, But if you already know the basics about react, redux, JSON parsing, etc. you will not gain much.

The professor is very laid back and gives really understandable explanations of course there's nothing I can say that will sufficiently explain the amount of knowledge and experience he has on the respective topics.

By Aznan k

Jul 25, 2020

Everything is great about the course . But I feel the assistance we need while working on the assignments were missing. It would be better if the instructors themselves could help the students if they stuck in some issues. Otherwise, all in all it has been a very great course. Very helpful the instructors made learning enjoyable.

By Harsh S

Jul 14, 2019

Overall this is a nice course but if the instructor had created mini projects to explain certain topics like props ,state , redux router than It would have been better.

Combining all those topic in the final week to create a capstone project . This should be done to make this course a better one.

By Emad A

Apr 23, 2020

the course content is great, and the resources provided are too, but i'm not a big fan of teammates assessment, i think its not the best way to evaluate my assignments, maybe if there is someone who could really give a judgement about my code it would have been much better and more trusted

By jonatas o

Jul 22, 2021

The content of the exercices could be more dinanmic. Always is developd all the content to show the results, however I believe that it is possible doing and howing the results at the same time, it is a visual course and and this way could be better to understand some topics.

By Walter M

Feb 26, 2021

I learned a lot from this course, but sometimes it felt like the explanations were too rushed and I was just following along with the instructor instead of learning the reasons for what we were doing. Also, the version of react he is teaching is out of date.

By Jenny H

Oct 30, 2020

The directions and technology is getting old. People are using Hooks? now I am told. Also, there are a number of places where the video exercise doesn't match the text exercise, and doing some of it with the teacher, then finishing with text cost me hours.

By ANURAG S

Jun 19, 2020

Really nice explanation...the instructor does a great job in teaching React and Redux concepts...

Though some things ..could have added to make this course a 5-star course... topics like User Authentication with React

and Server Side Rendering with React.

By Syed H A

Mar 15, 2019

It was a good experience. Programming tasks could be a little more harder, with less pointers given in the exercises panel so more logical concepts are left to the user at hand.

Other than that, everything was perfect! 8.5/10.

Thank you for your service.

By Abdullah S

Aug 19, 2020

The course is great. The only thing I think can be improved is time. Though I am not a beginner, the material in one week can be a little more to absorb for a beginner. In short, a great course of you have some JS skills and want to learn React.js

By Aditya B

Jul 16, 2020

Course was excellent and

Everything was going fine until redux came , it became little bit difficult to understand . I have to indulge more time in understanding myself .

4 stars because I wanted redux part to be with more brief explanation.

By Lal S

Jul 2, 2021

It was nice explanation on each point. I really get more knowledge here if i compare to read online. Whole content is designed nicely and well explained. If you are a beginner then still you can do this course. It will be easily to understand.

By Frank H

Jun 10, 2020

Interesting insights into React. Not the in-depth React knowledge I was looking for, but an interesting course nevertheless. I liked the addition of Redux, because I had never worked with that before but again was missing some depth with that.

By DHARMENDRA M

Sep 3, 2020

The Explanation could be more better but was not disappointing at all , Hard to grasp content in a video of more than 50 minutes straight. But overall experience was good , learned a lot looking forward to complete the specialization.

By Rajkumar Y

Jun 8, 2020

It's the best course for anyone who wants to understand the basics of React in depth. Thank a lot to Jogesh Muppala sir for such a high quality material and special thanks to Coursera for letting me do this course for free.

By Prateek J

Apr 24, 2020

If possible, please break the topic into small piecewise topics.

If possible, It will also be very helpful if a small diagrammatic overview of what we are trying to achieve is provided especially in redux classes .

By Sarah M

Sep 15, 2020

This class was great accept the first week. I feel like the first week should have been doubly wrong. I spent nearly 20 extra hours that week trying to wrap my head around React basics to complete the assignment.

By Magnus E N

Oct 29, 2020

Awesome course. The reason why I won't give 5 stars is that it's getting outdated. A lot of stuff from the tutorial breaks and you definitely need to do a lot of research to get a website that doesn't crash

By IZZAH N B M R

Nov 16, 2020

It was a nice experience of learning this React framework. The lecturer did explain it very clear. But I guess you need to have encouragement to keep watching the videos cause sometimes it's a bit sleepy.

By Ben A

Aug 9, 2021

Good course covering all the fundamentals with lots of examples.

Could be improved by reducing the number of repeated examples (i.e. Making a form with 6 fields when 2/3 would do to explain the concept).

By Himadri B

Jan 5, 2020

The course explains each and every topic step by step and in a very lucid manner. I highly recommend this course for anyone who wants to have a solid foundation in React. Hats Off to the Professor.

By Eduard G

Nov 6, 2020

Although some of the components and libraries are already old, the content and the step by step explanation was really good, it really give you a strong idea about Web development with React.

By Cristian D S R

Feb 16, 2021

Seria bueno que se hiciera una actualización de este curso con React Hook, ya que incluso React Native esta pasando a darle mas uso a los Functional components que a las classes