Back to Front-End Web Development with React

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Front-End Web Development with React by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course explores Javascript based front-end application development, and in particular the React library (Currently Ver. 16.3). This course will use JavaScript ES6 for developing React application. You will also get an introduction to the use of Reactstrap for Bootstrap 4-based responsive UI design. You will be introduced to various aspects of React components. You will learn about React router and its use in developing single-page applications. You will also learn about designing controlled forms. You will be introduced to the Flux architecture and Redux. You will explore various aspects of Redux and use it to develop React-Redux powered applications. You will then learn to use Fetch for client-server communication and the use of REST API on the server side. A quick tour through React animation support and testing rounds off the course. You must have preferably completed the previous course in the specialization on Bootstrap 4, or have a working knowledge of Bootstrap 4 to be able to navigate this course. Also a good working knowledge of JavaScript, especially ES 5 is strongly recommended. At the end of this course you will: - Be familiar with client-side Javascript application development and the React library - Be able to implement single page applications in React - Be able to use various React features including components and forms - Be able to implement a functional front-end web application using React - Be able to use Reactstrap for designing responsive React applications - Be able to use Redux to design the architecture for a React-Redux application...

NS

Aug 07, 2020

One of the best course of React js and Redux on the web to buid a strong foundation of the subject , one must take this course to build a strong base in the subject.\n\nInsturctor is amazing !!

AR

Oct 05, 2020

Really loved this course!! As a beginner with React JS , this course helped me have a good understanding on the basics. I would definitely recommend this course to folks who are new to React .

101 - 125 of 591 Reviews for Front-End Web Development with React

By Vanessa P C

Sep 24, 2020

I really like this course!! I didn't know anything about react when I start and it was really easy to follow the explanations and exercises. It also includes some extras like redux.

By Mateus R P

Jul 15, 2019

The contribution for a increasing knowledge about mobile apps, specifically in React and Reux is very expressive in this course. The Professor rules! Five stars cause haven't six!

By Neelesh G

May 08, 2020

Course quality is awesome. At few places not so required elaboration were irritating. The Instructor Jogesh K. Muppala is extraordinary. He was even adding a comic put at places.

By Arinze N

Jun 27, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. And to the instructor, I say a big thank you for putting me through this course. Instructor Muppala and his music intro :) was indeed entertaining

By pallvi

Jun 23, 2020

the course is so good. The way sir has taught is way too good. All my concepts are very clear now. everybody who thinks react is not their cup of tea should take this course. :)

By Diksha G

Jul 15, 2020

Really Informative and i would recommend this course to everyone who is getting started with React. One of the best Course you can find online. Content coverage is really well.

By Sumit K

Apr 20, 2020

The whole journey through the course was full of learning and it helped me understand React Js better. I really enjoyed doing the exercises and it was fun learning new things.

By Bhushan C M

Apr 13, 2020

AAA = Amazing Course, Amazing Content, Amazing Professor. Course covered a lot of topics with burdening on the learners. Assignments are also well created. Thanks Yogesh Sir.

By Roman T

Apr 01, 2020

The learning process was full of an interesting information that was represented in a very simple and clear way. I do really appreciate for this course and knowledge I got

By Khushal R

Jun 14, 2020

This Course gave me a lot knowledge about react.js Also this is a good course that can be categorized from beginner to intermidiate level. Jogesh Sir Taught very will.

By Artem P

Oct 15, 2019

Although the material is a bit outdated (hooks are not covered), it is still good and well explains complicated things like Redux Actions, Action Creators, and Thunk.

By Anushmi V C

Jul 23, 2020

Great Course and great Professor. The course was very well explained and I would suggest it to anyone who wants to learn React. Very good platform to start React.

By Pedro C G S

Feb 28, 2020

Gostei bastante do curso, aprendi tecnicas básicas e avançadas que me ajudarão muito no meu futuro como desenvolvedor. Parabéns ao professor Jogesh K. Muppala.

By Mostovenko V I

Jun 14, 2020

Very good course, little mistakes in narrative, because some informations it's a share from Angular course, but it doesn't much interfere educational process.

By Kristin S

Jun 08, 2020

I really like how well taught this course was. Excellent examples as well as attached readings and extra resources. One of the best courses I've taken so far.

By Vibhanshu s

The course is taught well. I like the way he uses humor in-between the lectures. Recommended for beginners who want to get started with front-end development.

By Tummalapalli V L H

Jun 28, 2020

The puns in the class were hilarious, they made me feel more at ease and not treat it like a traditional class. The pace of the teaching is also very good

By Musab Z A

Apr 22, 2020

This is a very good course covering a lot of topics of react and redux in a short period of time. Thank you courseera and the instructor for this course.

By pankaj r

Mar 09, 2020

It was a beautiful journey, have learned so much in this course.

Thanks to Jogesh Muppala sir (Amazing teacher) and thank you so much Coursera Team

By Abhinav S

Jun 19, 2020

This was an amazing course and I really got catch hold of React and now I can advance my studies with more enhanced knowledge and grow further.

By Federico P

Apr 13, 2020

I really enjoy attending this course. Very useful for my career. The teacher has an excellent way to explain every key concepts of the course.

By Asad J

Feb 19, 2020

Amazing course content and assignments. I already had basic and somewhat intermediate knowledge of React, but still got to learn so much more.

By Tony T

Oct 03, 2018

I learned a lot from this course. Love the professor here; he's funny. I call him Guru-san! Would take another course with him if possible.

By Sayak M

Aug 17, 2020

Great course!

The instructor (Dr. Jogesh K. Muppala) taught the concepts of using React in the Front-End Web Development in an excellent way.

By Gaston P

Nov 27, 2018

It's simplier, easier, exelent to learn step by step, and have a full understanding of React but it makes more easier learn Redux management.