Back to Front-End Web Development with React

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Front-End Web Development with React by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course explores Javascript based front-end application development, and in particular the React library (Currently Ver. 16.3). This course will use JavaScript ES6 for developing React application. You will also get an introduction to the use of Reactstrap for Bootstrap 4-based responsive UI design. You will be introduced to various aspects of React components. You will learn about React router and its use in developing single-page applications. You will also learn about designing controlled forms. You will be introduced to the Flux architecture and Redux. You will explore various aspects of Redux and use it to develop React-Redux powered applications. You will then learn to use Fetch for client-server communication and the use of REST API on the server side. A quick tour through React animation support and testing rounds off the course. You must have preferably completed the previous course in the specialization on Bootstrap 4, or have a working knowledge of Bootstrap 4 to be able to navigate this course. Also a good working knowledge of JavaScript, especially ES 5 is strongly recommended. At the end of this course you will: - Be familiar with client-side Javascript application development and the React library - Be able to implement single page applications in React - Be able to use various React features including components and forms - Be able to implement a functional front-end web application using React - Be able to use Reactstrap for designing responsive React applications - Be able to use Redux to design the architecture for a React-Redux application...

NS
Aug 6, 2020

One of the best course of React js and Redux on the web to buid a strong foundation of the subject , one must take this course to build a strong base in the subject.\n\nInsturctor is amazing !!

AR
Oct 4, 2020

Really loved this course!! As a beginner with React JS , this course helped me have a good understanding on the basics. I would definitely recommend this course to folks who are new to React .

126 - 150 of 728 Reviews for Front-End Web Development with React

By Pedro C G S

Feb 28, 2020

Gostei bastante do curso, aprendi tecnicas básicas e avançadas que me ajudarão muito no meu futuro como desenvolvedor. Parabéns ao professor Jogesh K. Muppala.

By Mostovenko V I

Jun 14, 2020

Very good course, little mistakes in narrative, because some informations it's a share from Angular course, but it doesn't much interfere educational process.

By Kristin S

Jun 8, 2020

I really like how well taught this course was. Excellent examples as well as attached readings and extra resources. One of the best courses I've taken so far.

By Vibhanshu s

The course is taught well. I like the way he uses humor in-between the lectures. Recommended for beginners who want to get started with front-end development.

By Tummalapalli V L H

Jun 27, 2020

The puns in the class were hilarious, they made me feel more at ease and not treat it like a traditional class. The pace of the teaching is also very good

By Musab Z A

Apr 22, 2020

This is a very good course covering a lot of topics of react and redux in a short period of time. Thank you courseera and the instructor for this course.

By Matias R

Dec 9, 2020

It was a great course, quite complicated for me because redux is new to me.

I think the audio was not that good, but in general it was an awesome course.

By theAstonish m

Mar 9, 2020

It was a beautiful journey, have learned so much in this course.

Thanks to Jogesh Muppala sir (Amazing teacher) and thank you so much Coursera Team

By Adrian

Feb 21, 2021

I would recommend this course for anyone who wants to get a great grasp of React. Jogesh K. Muppala does a great job of explaining the concepts.

By Abhinav S

Jun 19, 2020

This was an amazing course and I really got catch hold of React and now I can advance my studies with more enhanced knowledge and grow further.

By Rohit S

Jan 6, 2021

The instructor is very well versed with the technology, and the assignments and exercises help us build real concepts. Really loved the course

By Federico P

Apr 13, 2020

I really enjoy attending this course. Very useful for my career. The teacher has an excellent way to explain every key concepts of the course.

By Asad J

Feb 19, 2020

Amazing course content and assignments. I already had basic and somewhat intermediate knowledge of React, but still got to learn so much more.

By Tony T

Oct 2, 2018

I learned a lot from this course. Love the professor here; he's funny. I call him Guru-san! Would take another course with him if possible.

By Sayak M

Aug 17, 2020

Great course!

The instructor (Dr. Jogesh K. Muppala) taught the concepts of using React in the Front-End Web Development in an excellent way.

By Gaston P

Nov 27, 2018

It's simplier, easier, exelent to learn step by step, and have a full understanding of React but it makes more easier learn Redux management.

By Nihad G

Dec 1, 2020

This is an excellent course for beginners who want to learn React! The teaching method of the instructor makes it easy to follow the videos.

By Pranay A M

Instructor Jogesh is really good and I feed the course pace is set absolutely perfect for online learning quickly and easily.

By Bieliaiev I D

Apr 15, 2020

Very Cool Course!I enjoyed learning React, Redux, working with server in code etc.Very good explanation of learning material, in my opinion!

By Bill L

Feb 10, 2021

This class was great (especially when paired with the Bootstrap class). I learned a lot and it is a great foundation for learning React.

By Divya D V

May 8, 2020

This course is very much helpful for students who wanted to learn new skill.Why we need college when we have best instructors online.

By Dezső H

Sep 21, 2019

Very good course, but sometimes a bit difficult. J.K. Muppala is a great teacher. This course includes excellent everyday exercises.

By Vedant A

Aug 27, 2020

This is very good course to have a start for learning react, instructor gives brief knowledge ,both theoritically and practically .

By Naveed U

This course very beneficial to learn about react.js in detail because the instructor gives concepts from basic to advance in dept.

By Aman K

Mar 14, 2021

That was totally great experience for me to complete this course.It cover all the main aspects of react with simpler explaination