Back to Front-End Web Development with React

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Front-End Web Development with React by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course explores Javascript based front-end application development, and in particular the React library (Currently Ver. 16.3). This course will use JavaScript ES6 for developing React application. You will also get an introduction to the use of Reactstrap for Bootstrap 4-based responsive UI design. You will be introduced to various aspects of React components. You will learn about React router and its use in developing single-page applications. You will also learn about designing controlled forms. You will be introduced to the Flux architecture and Redux. You will explore various aspects of Redux and use it to develop React-Redux powered applications. You will then learn to use Fetch for client-server communication and the use of REST API on the server side. A quick tour through React animation support and testing rounds off the course. You must have preferably completed the previous course in the specialization on Bootstrap 4, or have a working knowledge of Bootstrap 4 to be able to navigate this course. Also a good working knowledge of JavaScript, especially ES 5 is strongly recommended. At the end of this course you will: - Be familiar with client-side Javascript application development and the React library - Be able to implement single page applications in React - Be able to use various React features including components and forms - Be able to implement a functional front-end web application using React - Be able to use Reactstrap for designing responsive React applications - Be able to use Redux to design the architecture for a React-Redux application...

NS

Aug 07, 2020

One of the best course of React js and Redux on the web to buid a strong foundation of the subject , one must take this course to build a strong base in the subject.\n\nInsturctor is amazing !!

AR

Oct 05, 2020

Really loved this course!! As a beginner with React JS , this course helped me have a good understanding on the basics. I would definitely recommend this course to folks who are new to React .

51 - 75 of 593 Reviews for Front-End Web Development with React

By rochelle r

Feb 25, 2020

I learned a lot in a short amount of time. I especially liked that there were multiple coding exercises during the week that made me feel like I was writing code and a weekly assignment. The instructor gave help to complete the coding exercises so it wasn't all my code but that was fine. The weekly assignments were a bit more challenging in that I had to figure things out for myself and write new code. Well worth the money. My only criticism is that during the videos the captured notes did not contain all the words the instructor had spoken. I had to go the transcript and hand pick words to fill in the gaps...

By Brendan C

Dec 31, 2018

Really excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed this class. My skill level with React and related frameworks is vastly improved, but also my skill level with ES6 has been increase through the various exercises.

Professor Muppala is great at explaining complicated technology in a way that make it easy to understand and remember. And the web site you build over the course of the various exercises is instructive and useful. It provides a great clear template to build your own React-based website.

I thoroughly enjoyed this class.

By Stefan Z

Mar 28, 2020

I needed this course at a point in time where I needed to learn the basics of React really fast. This course helped me learn a lot of the basic concepts like components, routing, redux, using props, action creators, middleware, promises, fetching data from a server and others. It also features a good amount of simple UI design techniques using Bootstrap's grid system and eyecandy like react animations. I recommend this course to those who are new to React and want to get exposed to it in a quick pace.

By VAIBHAV M N

Apr 05, 2020

One of the best React JS course ,much more than what you get to see on documentation web sites.

If you are pursuing this there is a recommendation during the redux part first simply copy all the code given in instructions for every 2 consequent videos and then yourself see the code and try understand what happens even if you dont get it .Then after undo those pasted things see the videos and then give a try you will surely get every damn thing perfectly.

Finally,

Thanks Professor !

By Henri T

Jul 19, 2020

That was a well made online course! I also found it more challenging than most of those courses that I have made so far or I'm currently doing and it went even a bit deeper to the subject than just name of the course would make you think. Some of the content was a bit outdated already and some very small mistakes in the exercise instructions, but nothing too bad. I can highly recommend, if you are interested to learn React basics or test your current skills!

By Alexandre S

Jun 25, 2020

There are lots of exercises and coding samples, and this is what makes this course so great. I do not know how well the content is update to the most recent versions of react, but this gives a whole view of the process, including Redux. I really enjoyed the content, the approach of Prof. Muppala, and defnitely recommend specially for backend developers that want to learn more about front-end and become full-stack.

By Srinath B

Oct 13, 2020

This is an excellent course for beginners looking to gain knowledge in the React framework in Front end web development. The course has all the materials required to have knowledge of the concepts and if you could spend some time on other resources provided in this course, apart from lectures, you would get a lot of information. I'm thankful to Coursera and Professor Joseph Muppala for this awesome experience.

By Jeff

Jun 15, 2020

Jogesh is a great teacher. I love his style. Simple, yet very effective in my opinion.

What I also like is the coverage of this course, it is enough to learn a lot and build your confidence.

More people would benefit further if this course is updated. Perhaps it is time to make an updated one. Otherswise, you could still learn a lot which is still usable knowledge and skills.

By Kaushik B

Apr 27, 2020

Amazing course! This is my second course from Prof. Jogesh Muppala and I'm very satisfied. I will definitely enroll in the other courses taught by Prof. Jogesh. Although, this is an introductory course to ReactJS and it is a vast library, so building projects eith ReactJS after completing this course is the best way to learn more and be a master at it.

By Shwethavally S

Aug 17, 2020

Great content!! Concepts explained decently with quite a good amount of hands on. Assignments at the end of each module/ week, helps one to understand/ test the concepts taught. Instructions for the assignments were very clearly explained, facilitating the smooth completion. Had a really good time doing this course. Enjoyed a lot. Thanks to Coursera.

By Michael T

Aug 04, 2020

I highly recommend this course because of Jogesh Muppala the instructor and the pace at which the course was setup. It was simple to follow and designed to be completed without getting stuck. We learned about React, React Router, Forms, Client-Server Communication, Flow Architecture and were also introduced to Redux.

By Chetan S D

Jul 22, 2020

This is great course for the beginner as well as for the intermediate level . Sir has explain the concept so well.This is great course to start with React js. You may find redux difficult but sir has explain so well.Also cousera provide me financial aid for the course.Than you so much coursera team for that.

By Bharathi K

Mar 11, 2020

Excellent Course which covers almost all of current react-redux world technologies. I highly suggest it for the beginners and for intermediates to refresh on the topics. I suggest the team to include 'Testing' module as well to know about the testing strategies involved in testing reactjs applications.

By Ayush S

Jun 21, 2020

Very nice professor thanks for all the help and instructions , Although i want to say 4th week was a difficult one as it involved redux actions and lots of big stuff so it got a bit messy and i had to watch videos again and again BUT as a whole the lectures were pretty easy to follow and informative

By Lorenzo T

Oct 06, 2020

Very interesting course: having the html and javascript basics known, you can improve your web development skill attending this course and you can learn one of the moderm js framework to build web applications. This course it's surely recommended for any web developer who wants to learn react js.

By Rick T

Feb 26, 2020

This course was excellent! The instructor was knowledgeable, well organized and a very good presenter. I learned a lot from the course and would highly recommend it to anyone that would like to learn React and Redux. I look forward to the next class in this specialization, React Native.

By Olena V

Oct 25, 2018

Very good and thorough course on React that briefly discusses many other concepts used in building the React applications such as Flux, Redux, node, npm, git, Bitbucket, Single Page Applications, Json Server and others. This course does not have any quizzes, only peer review assignments.

By Dave G

Aug 06, 2018

This course provides a solid foundation for learning how to develop web applications with React. Lectures are very clear and easy to follow. I recommend to any developer looking to learn React at the beginner level. Good introduction to ES6 as well if you're still using the old syntax.

By Abdullah

Apr 22, 2020

I think professor was able to provide enough knowledge and hands-on to get a deep dive in the field. I found this course very helpful and informative in terms of reactjs. I'll go with 5 star rating on professors' way of teaching and course content. Thank you for the wonderful course.

By Víctor C

Aug 27, 2020

Excellent course that help you to know more about React and single web application. It comes with step by step instructions and then a challenging excercise that helps you to confirm the acquired knowledge. Jogesh K. Muppala is an excellent instructor and this is an amazing course.

By Oliver G

Nov 03, 2018

Have taken so many Udemy courses on React but this beat them easily. So well presented and taught, my interest in learning React grew so much that I ended up enrolling to the whole specialization course in case i miss anything! Hats off to Professor, one of the best out here !

By Huyen N

Oct 06, 2020

I really appreciated everything I learned in this course. The instructor is great. He explained everything clearly, especially for React Router and Redux, which are really confusing. I also love weekly assignments that greatly helped me enforce what I learned. Thanks again!

By Sowjanya R B

Sep 24, 2018

Amazing tutorial ! Ensures you understand the subject really well ! Before this, I had seen some youtube videos , it was of no use, nothing made sense. Once I started this course, I fell in love with React ! Thanks to Coursera for providing these kind of resources !

By Andrea H

Oct 04, 2020

Excellent instructor and material to delve into front-end development with the React Framework. Extensive examples of React elements you can use build your front-end application and nice code template to start from if one ever needs to start a new application.

By Siddhanth M

Jul 14, 2020

A very good place to start the React js journey. Very well structured, very well explained in a way that after the first assignment, you will automatically be waiting for your next assignment to implement what you have learnt. A very well structured curriculum