Back to Front-End Web Development with React

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Front-End Web Development with React by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course explores Javascript based front-end application development, and in particular the React library (Currently Ver. 16.3). This course will use JavaScript ES6 for developing React application. You will also get an introduction to the use of Reactstrap for Bootstrap 4-based responsive UI design. You will be introduced to various aspects of React components. You will learn about React router and its use in developing single-page applications. You will also learn about designing controlled forms. You will be introduced to the Flux architecture and Redux. You will explore various aspects of Redux and use it to develop React-Redux powered applications. You will then learn to use Fetch for client-server communication and the use of REST API on the server side. A quick tour through React animation support and testing rounds off the course. You must have preferably completed the previous course in the specialization on Bootstrap 4, or have a working knowledge of Bootstrap 4 to be able to navigate this course. Also a good working knowledge of JavaScript, especially ES 5 is strongly recommended. At the end of this course you will: - Be familiar with client-side Javascript application development and the React library - Be able to implement single page applications in React - Be able to use various React features including components and forms - Be able to implement a functional front-end web application using React - Be able to use Reactstrap for designing responsive React applications - Be able to use Redux to design the architecture for a React-Redux application...

NS
Aug 6, 2020

One of the best course of React js and Redux on the web to buid a strong foundation of the subject , one must take this course to build a strong base in the subject.\n\nInsturctor is amazing !!

AR
Oct 4, 2020

Really loved this course!! As a beginner with React JS , this course helped me have a good understanding on the basics. I would definitely recommend this course to folks who are new to React .

101 - 125 of 875 Reviews for Front-End Web Development with React

By Brian C

Apr 9, 2020

This course was well put together and its content is taught in a very clear and thoughtful manner. I appreciated the effort put into the course material and gained helpful insights into the use of React that I will put to good use in my career.

By Jaied A S

Jun 8, 2021

It really was a great course. I enjoyed doing assignments. Some topic was not clear to me, but after doing this course now, everything is clear to me. So far, I have learned React, Redux, Client-server communication, REST API, and animations.

By SHASHANK G

Jun 3, 2020

It's the best course for anyone who wants to understand the basics of React in depth. Thank a lot to Jogesh Muppala sir for such a high quality material and special thanks to Coursera for letting me do this course for free in this hard time.

By Peter C

Jan 24, 2019

One of the best courses I've taken in my life. I honestly wish I took this back in college in conjunction with my web apps course. Everything was explained beautifully, and even as a full time engineer, I found this to be extremely helpful!

By Rishi S

Oct 9, 2018

I learnt what I wanted to learn, in a way challenging enough for me. The exercises were easy as the video before tells you , put prepared me well for the week assignment, which forced me put in practise what I just had learnt. Thank you !

By vignaux

Jul 2, 2018

Like all courses at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology led by J. K. Muppala, the Front-End Web Development with React course is perfect. Explanations, videos, examples, no problem to understand the philosophy of React

By Pranay B

Apr 15, 2019

Very helpful course. Prof. starts from the scratch and dives deeper.Also pace is adjustable,assignments that will let you apply your knowledge and helpful peers will make you feel sense of accomplishment after course completion .

By MD. M S

Mar 23, 2021

Jogesh Muppala sir is always awesome with his own teaching technic. I love his teaching style. Learning by doing is my favorite approach. And this course has it. So, it will help anyone to learn the best of react js knowledge.

By Ahmed K

Jan 20, 2020

It was among the fabulous content out there for Frontend web developwent with React.

There is both interactive and self-read learning available. It's created with all aspect of learner whether new learner or advanced.

Its great!

By Jayamal J

Jan 18, 2020

Very very great course who are new comers to the front-end development as well as reactjs. The lecturer is amazing. I could understand everything and he can well describe complex consents to beginner mind. Thank you very much

By Edwin J

Sep 29, 2019

Outstanding course! Very detailed and informative foundation to understanding React. General development principles are also discussed and then applied to React to give student decent how-to knowledge. Definitely recommended!

By Ossama I

Mar 3, 2020

The course was very helpful for me I learnt a lot of new things about React through this course. The instructor taught the course very well and covered all the content nicely. Thanks Coursera for this Informative course .

By Md. S H S

May 4, 2020

In a word awesome. The course Instructor has led the course in a constructive way. Teaching capability, resources, course materials everything is well furnished. Special thanks to Coursera for arranging such a course.

By Erwin T

Sep 29, 2020

The concept explanation is really help me get the hang on of react as a beginner. With the exercise that follow after it make my understanding with react is become more clearer as i follow the course step by step.

By mcvean s

Sep 10, 2020

A really really good course for beginners and experts alike! The simplicity with which the instructor teaches is really good, and would definitely recommend taking this course for anyone interested to learn React.

By Ikshit c

Oct 15, 2020

It's a very beautiful design course and sir has many knowledgeable people. They already have an idea about what mistakes we make when we code so it's good for all people if they already know the Reactjs or not.

By Tung V N N

Jun 21, 2020

If I have to say, I would recommend my friends and colleagues joining this course. It gives us the basic principles of developing React-based web applications. The instructor gives a clear talk and explanation.

By Nicolas M

Nov 1, 2019

Very thorough, learned a lot! Maybe spend more time on Redux, still don't fully grasp the concept of creating action types, etc. Seems like a lot of overhead, will have to read more about Redux.

Thank you!!!

By Ashwini B R

Oct 4, 2020

By Behnam R

Oct 5, 2021

everything was good and every aspects of this technology was covered and was very good introduce to start our journey of gathering experience thank a lot to coursera and hongkong university.

By Shubham D S

Mar 30, 2021

Best Couse available for learning Front-End Development with React. Most of the contents is hands-on and the assignments provided are enough to get familiar with react and its working.

By sanjit m

Jul 3, 2020

best to learn react just you should know java script so you will understand each part of code otherwise you only know how it works and what is use of that code but not each part of it

By MUHAMMAD Z B

Aug 11, 2021

It was a great course, But I have take the previous course (bootstrap) and the next course (Server) those courses were excellent. This course just get complex at redux else its fine.

By Vanessa P C

Sep 24, 2020

I really like this course!! I didn't know anything about react when I start and it was really easy to follow the explanations and exercises. It also includes some extras like redux.

By Mateus R P

Jul 15, 2019

The contribution for a increasing knowledge about mobile apps, specifically in React and Reux is very expressive in this course. The Professor rules! Five stars cause haven't six!