Back to Introduction to Game Development

SG

Feb 07, 2016

Very great course. The instruction is spot on, allowing me to listen while I work without the need to actually watch the video. Definitely worth it for novices and even intermediate level developers.

ML

Jul 22, 2019

Really great course! It was more challenging towards the end of it, but I enjoyed it and recommend it. I hope that my completing the course marked the start of my future as a game designer and maker.

1 - 25 of 932 Reviews for Introduction to Game Development

By Stephon G

Feb 07, 2016

By Donovan H

Jun 06, 2019

Great introduction to game development in Unity. This course makes it easy to get your feet wet and learn some of Unity's interface before expecting you to try to dig deeper into topics that are more in depth. I'm glad I took this course and am currently taking the other courses in this specialization. I expect to complete this. It's worth the money if you need direction.

By Marcelo A C

Dec 03, 2018

This game was everything I needed: a very hands-on introduction to Unity 3D, explaining many different tools and techniques and at the same time one introduction to 3D animation, physics engine and other important aspects that make up a game.

By Kendrick S A

Dec 05, 2018

learning so much

By Chaudhry H R

Dec 04, 2018

awesome course keep it up

By Dmitry B

Dec 26, 2018

Hello everybody who is reading my review of this great course! If you're interested in making video games and you've never worked with tools like Unity (just like me) I highly recommend to finish this course. And this is because of the following reasons: 1. Brian Winn is a great teacher who explains everything. I don't have any questions about what we've learnt, just want to know more :p 2. Three projects which you'll make in this course. For me they were pretty simple because almost (around 70-80%) every step was just a "copypaste" from Brian Winn's actions but there is great sense in it because you just need to have more experience in working with Unity what this course gains to you; 3. You're free to do whatever you want in each of your projects. For example, you make first level in the project and then the second level is all yours. That's really cool! So that's all! I guess this review helped you. Good luck everyone!

By Viren P

Dec 29, 2018

It helped me a lot to learn and understand what is the difference between playing games and making games

By Jose L C G

Jan 15, 2019

Realy nice course

By Federico A

Dec 31, 2018

It's my very first course on Game Development, and I was very satisfied with everything that I was able to make: a solar system simulation, a rolling ball game, and a shooter. Can't wait to take the other courses in this specialization!

By Srilakshmi A

Feb 18, 2019

Vart useful

By Muhammad A A

Feb 23, 2019

I leaned a lot from this program. This program helped me gain basic to advance knowledge on how to built games.

By Pan S T

Feb 24, 2019

Gets feet wet (relatively) to use Unity 3D in a gamedev environment, though quite a bit of handholding for some of the scripting sections. Other than that, perhaps some scripting challenges on creative game mechanics (eg. rock-paper-scissors or interesting game genres like over-the-top shooters and strategy games projects) can also be useful.

By Tristan D

Feb 25, 2019

so coolio

By James W B

Mar 21, 2019

Excellent overview of the subject. Awesome instructor. 5 stars!

By Benhur O J

Mar 30, 2019

Very good introduction to Unity and its tools. Also very handy set of tools are provided to start it up.

By Zixin Z

Mar 30, 2019

Amazing course with hand-on projects! It helped me to build my portfolio for game development master and introduce me to the world of game design. Thank you for this amazing course.

By Sildo N G N

Jan 27, 2019

great

By Clementine F

Jan 31, 2019

Good course. A good intro to the use of Unity3D for video game development. A lot of the code is already given, everything is easy to install, so no coding experience is necessary prior. The teacher is very calm and teaches well.

I would personnally have liked a bit more coding, but that's only me I guess.

By Musa A

Apr 03, 2019

These Lectures are going very helpful for me in understanding game concepts and games logic. The instructor Mr. Brian Winn's teaching methodology is very impressive.

By Kim J

Apr 06, 2019

I have learned the essential part of game programming. It was fun, and a little bit challenging, but I enjoyed that. The teacher's teaching skill is brilliant, and the course material is right either.

By Daniel M

Apr 14, 2019

Great introduction into game development. Will highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get into game dev

By Animesh S B

Mar 12, 2019

Loved it.

By Debra T

Mar 17, 2019

Hard fun but if you put the work in, you'll be happy you did!

By Daniyal M S

Jan 05, 2019

Very Informative and fun learning course. I really encourage beginners to enroll in this program who really want to learn game development

By Andrej D