Back to Introduction to Game Development

Introduction to Game Development, Michigan State University

About this Course

By SG

Feb 07, 2016

Very great course. The instruction is spot on, allowing me to listen while I work without the need to actually watch the video. Definitely worth it for novices and even intermediate level developers.

By AH

Nov 16, 2015

I enjoyed the course. Very fun playing with the Unity editor, and the assignments give you some freedom in how you tackle assignments. The class was fairly easy and doesn't need much time commitment.

891 Reviews

By Kristopher Charles Tobiasson

Jan 20, 2019

Really good, I wish there was some more coding as it was pretty basic in that respect, but the course gave me tools to streamline my workflow within the unity editor.

Cheers,

Kris

By Jose Luis Chavez Guerra

Jan 15, 2019

Realy nice course

By Daniyal Mahmood Sarwari

Jan 05, 2019

Very Informative and fun learning course. I really encourage beginners to enroll in this program who really want to learn game development

By Federico Ang

Dec 31, 2018

It's my very first course on Game Development, and I was very satisfied with everything that I was able to make: a solar system simulation, a rolling ball game, and a shooter. Can't wait to take the other courses in this specialization!

By Viren Parmar

Dec 29, 2018

It helped me a lot to learn and understand what is the difference between playing games and making games

By Dmitry Bogachev

Dec 26, 2018

Hello everybody who is reading my review of this great course! If you're interested in making video games and you've never worked with tools like Unity (just like me) I highly recommend to finish this course. And this is because of the following reasons: 1. Brian Winn is a great teacher who explains everything. I don't have any questions about what we've learnt, just want to know more :p 2. Three projects which you'll make in this course. For me they were pretty simple because almost (around 70-80%) every step was just a "copypaste" from Brian Winn's actions but there is great sense in it because you just need to have more experience in working with Unity what this course gains to you; 3. You're free to do whatever you want in each of your projects. For example, you make first level in the project and then the second level is all yours. That's really cool! So that's all! I guess this review helped you. Good luck everyone!

By Surya Narendran

Dec 26, 2018

The course is well-paced, and the projects are really interesting. Making each project is hands-on, and I think it gives you an intuitive feel for developing a basic game and using Unity proficiently.

By Kendrick Selorm Ahiakonu

Dec 05, 2018

learning so much

By Chaudhry Hassan Raza

Dec 04, 2018

awesome course keep it up

By Marcelo Augusto Costa

Dec 03, 2018

This game was everything I needed: a very hands-on introduction to Unity 3D, explaining many different tools and techniques and at the same time one introduction to 3D animation, physics engine and other important aspects that make up a game.